PDA

View Full Version : Hooting and Sleeping Night Owl

kimsophia
May 15th, 2016, 03:06 AM
I slept from 5:30 to 10:30 this evening. Now I'm up watching Hee Haw on RFD TV. I used to love that show when I was a kid! My favorite was the "Gloom, Despair and Misery on Me" singers...lol

I mended yet more wear on my buddy's canvas work pants. I'm not giving them back to him. He can wear them when he's mowing the yard here. They aren't fit for wearing to work anymore, and I bought him two pairs to replace them, but those aren't canvas, they are Dockers. Since he works in a cooler they might not be as warm as he likes, but he's got long underwear!

So other than patching and mending I have been doing counted cross stitch. I am modifying the pattern a bit but not as much as I modified the Easter Egg Hunt pattern. No quilting today!

How are yoooo? @,@

MayinJerset
May 15th, 2016, 04:54 AM
Hooting out a Hello to you Kim and any other Night Owls, Haven't hung out in my tree is quite awhile so I choose a night when the temps drop. Nothing much going on lately, I have a stack of mail I need to go through (mostly catalogs) but no hurry as I probably won't order anything from them and they'll go right into the recycling box. After a hectic Mother's Day weekend this weekend has been pretty quiet and that's OK with me. DH and I will just chill out in our house and relax our old bodies. Anything happening in your neck of the woods?

toggpine
May 16th, 2016, 03:23 AM
Too lazy to start another thread for tonight.

The game was good, even if we did loose. It was a very late night getting home though.
We headed over to my mom's to do some yard work. I wish I had gotten to do yard work. Mom said she seemed to be having some sort of problem with bugs. (They have been fighting those tiny black ants for almost a year.) I figured it was more of that. Nope.
My step-dad and my mom have a weird relationship, more like the odd couple. He's a messy guy and he tends to drop off to sleep at any given moment. Thus the carpet around his recliner is covered in spills, food bits, and debris. He also gets fussy, or down-right nasty if you mess with his stuff, or he thinks you might have. Mom pretty much gave up cleaning in there to save herself the grief of a hissy fit.
Well today she and I paid for that. There was/is an infestation of maggots in their Berber carpet. From what I can gather, it started on the food scraps and spills around his chair and went from there. It seems to be contained in the one room, but it is still gross. I'll go back on Tuesday and see what progress has been made. The bug spray seemed to be driving them out of the carpet so we could vacuum them up. I don't wantt them to die trapped in the carpet fibers or that won't solve the problem.
After dinner, Dad did say that since most of the stuff was out of the room, maybe we should just replace the flooring. I suggested a laminate that would be easy to keep clean!
I will never have to explain to the kids why we have to wipe up our spills and keep the food picked up ever again.

I had to take a 30 minute shower when I got home! Now I am off to get some sleep.

Angela J
May 16th, 2016, 04:39 AM
I feel so sorry for you and your mother with the carpet situation. I know she appreciated the fact that you were there and could help her with the MAGGOTS (Yuck, and a Double Yuck!) Don't come to this thread often but had to respond to your dilemma. Get some good rest.

kimsophia
May 16th, 2016, 06:43 AM
Maggots! BLEH! :icon_bah::icon_eek: I'm surprised they hadn't hatched into flies...wow. I had to quit helping one lady who didn't clean up her cat's barfs and they fossilized on the floors. I about wanted to puke. I helped her clean them up once and she just didn't do maintenance and they all were piling up again. I think she might have been bipolar.

I think I fell asleep last night around 7:30 and woke up at 4:00 a.m. I'm still focusing on the counted cross stitch while I can still focus my eyes. :) I ordered a Trick or Treat one that I found really cute. Trick or Treat by Victoria Sampler - Cross Stitch Kits & Patterns (http://www.salt-and-pepper.com/store/Trick_or_Treat-p-VS143-i-detail#.VzmU_fkrKvg) I'm going to try to make it 8 1/2 by 11 so I can use a normal sized frame and not get a $100 framing bill for a specialty frame.

Hoot hoot, have a good day, all! :icon_wave: