PDA

View Full Version : It is Saturday...wake up call....

mario1360
May 14th, 2016, 09:25 AM
everyone up, there is squaring off, HST, binding, sandwiching, piecing to do....lovely weather here in Montreal but the temperature will drop dramatically tomorrow....I wish everyone a blessed Saturday.

Grandma Nan
May 14th, 2016, 09:44 AM
Thanks Mario for your greetings. Here in Kingston it is cloudy this am but the sun is trying to shine. It is also cool but hoping it will warm as the sun comes out.

I have to run a few errands this morning and then It will be a fun day of applique for me. I am doing a block of the month and this months 2 blocks are to applique whatever you want in a square that has some lattice piecing in the corner. The blocks are mirror images of each other and will end up in the top two corners of the finished quilt.

Have a wonderful weekend to Mario and all those who follow.

Lyndaj
May 14th, 2016, 09:51 AM
Looks like we're in for a soggy weekend. Oh well, it's good for the flowers and grass.

I will be back plugging away in my sewing room today. I am making three quilts for a family from Fort McMurray, Alberta. One just needs to be quilted and bound. The other two are in the works. Gonna be a whole lot of flying geese units going on today as I have 28 more blocks to make.

Time to get my butt off the couch.

Have a great weekend everyone.

mischiefkat
May 14th, 2016, 10:08 AM
Today is the Postal Food Drive. While DH and I won't be physically able to participate this year, I did bake brownies to fill a platter. So as soon as he gets back,we'll take them down there.
I have one more tote to sort out,on my way to organizing my stash. In the bottom of it I found a twin UFO that is all set to be SITD quilted. I think I will tie this one though,because the last time I quilted a twin,I scratched up the machine housing but good. Toots has some scratches on her that I don't know how to fix.
Everybody have a good day doing whatever you decide to do. Prayers and Hugs for all who need them. Kathy

MayinJerset
May 14th, 2016, 10:23 AM
Hi Mario, Hope your shingles are gone. Been up for a while and need to get going so I think I'll skip a second cup of coffee. 3 great grandson's BDays are coming up. They each will get a book with their name in the story a fun tee shirt to so I'll take a look in Kohl's for the tees.

Better get the big flower pots watered before I go out. I was hoping Mother Nature would do it for me but looks like no rain today. Guild's Show continues today, rained on and off yesterday so there should be good attendance today.

rebeccas-sewing
May 14th, 2016, 12:36 PM
I'm up and drinking my tea. Another overcast morning in Orange County but the sun will come bursting through at the morning progresses. Standard weather for this time of year. I fear our rain is over until the winter returns. Just hoping all the hard work I did in my yard doesn't all die in the heat of the summer with water restrictions in place.

I'll be making a Bavarian Pear Tart to take to friends this evening. Probably do a bit of sewing as well. Maybe some more yard work.

toggpine
May 14th, 2016, 12:53 PM
No sewing here today.
I have been purging and cleaning the books we had on the small bookcase outside the bathroom. I am replacing it with a much taller one there and two in our bedroom. I have such high hopes that this will help with the storage around here.
I really can't stand the clutter at the level it has become. Stuff comes in, but it never seems to leave. Our school is having a rummage sale at the end of the year to support our new STEAM program (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Mathematics). The "good stuff" is headed there, and the rest to the Goodwill.
Now if I can just get everybody else onboard with the purging. Maybe I can convince them of an hour or so, as we will be heading out to see the Mariners play in Seattle this afternoon. I am not sure exactly why I agreed to go, other than they all had a great time the last they went. I guess once a decade or two isn't too much to ask.
At least this time we won't be in the scary seats. The ones at the top of the stadium are angled for a good view, but are really steep. I felt like I was going to tumble out of my seat and land on the field the entire time. Not a lot of fun for somebody who doesn't do edges and heights.
If last night's game is any indication, we will be Night Owling it on the way home. Let's just hope we can catch the first ferry after the game is over.
I'm off to vacuum and wash books and walls! I hope you all make it a great day in your neighborhood!
Hugs, Cathy

easyquilts
May 14th, 2016, 12:58 PM
Oh, Lord.... My sister and our favorite cousin are due in tomorrow, for a 2-3 day visit... They are the teo best housekeepers in our family....except for Mom, and she has been gone sixteen years now... I love them to pieces, but always feel

I, on the other hand, tend to sort of....you know.....put housekeeping chores off.... So. I'm spending the day getting ready for Becky and Linda (cousin). AND... The belt on my sweeper broke! Thankfully, my floors are all hardwood, except fir the kitchen and dining room, and they are tile.... I fo have an area rug in the KR.

I started Wednesday, so thungs are pretty much in hand....kibd of, anyway... I'm hoping to get done quilting in....

Yes.... I'm going to quilt the little baby quilt I bound, but didn't quilt..... Found out when I took it out if the washer... I pursued it, threw in dome pins, and am hoping for the best.... I still can't believe I did such a hair rained hung.... I've never before actually forgotten to quilt a quilt, before binding and washing.... Yikes...

Have a great Saturday everyone!

dwil23
May 14th, 2016, 06:17 PM
Oh, Lord.... My sister and our favorite cousin are due in tomorrow, for a 2-3 day visit... They are the teo best housekeepers in our family....except for Mom, and she has been gone sixteen years now... I love them to pieces, but always feel

I, on the other hand, tend to sort of....you know.....put housekeeping chores off.... So. I'm spending the day getting ready for Becky and Linda (cousin). AND... The belt on my sweeper broke! Thankfully, my floors are all hardwood, except fir the kitchen and dining room, and they are tile.... I fo have an area rug in the KR.

I started Wednesday, so thungs are pretty much in hand....kibd of, anyway... I'm hoping to get done quilting in....

Yes.... I'm going to quilt the little baby quilt I bound, but didn't quilt..... Found out when I took it out if the washer... I pursued it, threw in dome pins, and am hoping for the best.... I still can't believe I did such a hair rained hung.... I've never before actually forgotten to quilt a quilt, before binding and washing.... Yikes...

Have a great Saturday everyone!

Sandy, I feel for you. I would much rather sew than clean house. I have to clean house, too, since we have company coming for DS 19th Birthday tomorrow.

Today is a sad day for us. 20 years ago, we said goodbye to my Dear Mom. She was taken too soon and the shock was tremendous. One year and a day later - my youngest son was born. Mom told me before she got sick that she dreamed several times of babysitting "Courtney's little brother", so I believe that she knew she would have another grandchild.

Youngest daughter's best friend bought a house a couple of months ago and is having her housewarming tonight, so getting ready to go to that. Hope everyone has a Blessed evening and Sunday.

Bubby
May 14th, 2016, 06:47 PM
Sandy, Everything will be fine. Just be your sweet self and enjoy your visit with your family.

Carol336
May 14th, 2016, 07:08 PM
Sandy - they're coming to see you not your house....relax and enjoy your time with your loved ones.

Enjoyed our DGS's Little League game this morning in the blessed sun - which we haven't seen in 2 weeks.....it's was glorious.
Came home and gave myself a manicure while I watched cooking shows with DH. Just finished a lovely dinner of hake fish, roasted acorn squash and roasted cabbage slices (which I didn't cook long enough - but they were still pretty good)

Have a good evening everyone

Navy Wife
May 14th, 2016, 09:05 PM
I have to start packing to go home. I've been in Florida for a few days visiting my BFF. I have to start home tomorrow. It has been a bittersweet visit. Her husband, also a best friend of my DH, died in November. I haven't been able to get here until now. She is suffering from alzheimers and dementia, early stages and my heart is broken. We have had a few good days together, but who knows if she will know me next time. It will be a long sad trip back to Tennessee.

Tracy14
May 14th, 2016, 11:28 PM
Sunday lunchtime here in Melbourne Australia, a sunny/cloudy day and 20 degrees (68 F) Having a lazy day.:)