PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to a rainy Friday

Monique
May 13th, 2016, 08:16 AM
We are getting some much needed rain today. It will be a good day to go spread some clover on the bare patches next door. Worked yesterday, nothing new there. Never did get outside, bugs are too bad. Didn't get into my sewing room either. Just too tired. I was in bed early last night.

I developed a cough yesterday, thought it was just a little tickle but it persisted all day. I have been taking my puffers but now this morning I think it is a chest cold kind of cough. That's what it feels like. UGH!! not a summer cold I hope. I am supposed to go to my brother's today for supper, stay overnight, and then come back tomorrow. He is having a multi family garage sale. I hope they don't have good stuff because then I will want it. LOL!! Not really anything I can live without anyway.

So have a great day everyone. Prayers going out to those in need.

Ginny B
May 13th, 2016, 08:21 AM
Good morning and Happy Friday! No rain here yet but we are expecting some later today.

Sorry you are feeling under the weather Monique. Hopefully it goes away soon.

Busy weekend ahead with lots of sewing fit into it starting right now. Heading up to the sewing room before work. Have a fantastic Friday everyone.

Bubby
May 13th, 2016, 08:24 AM
Morning Everyone,

I think our storms have passed for now. The weekend is supposed to be cool. I hope so because we need to make a quick trip to Springfield Sunday to shop at Sam's. It will take up our whole day. We have to work in Cuba tomorrow . We will be showing our vacancy also.....wish us luck. It will depend on the person's background check.

Nothing new around here. There's plenty of housework to do if I get bored....really bored.

Wishing everyone a great Friday and a fun weekend.

dwil23
May 13th, 2016, 08:40 AM
Good Morning all!

Lots to do today. Hope everyone has a Blessed Day and prayers for all in need.

mario1360
May 13th, 2016, 09:06 AM
good morning, it's Friday the 13th....I feel lucky. 1 year and 18 days to retirement.....going to Ikea to check the table top on 2 supports for a craft table tomorrow....organized my stash last night, lots of goodies for future projects....have a blessed Friday you all.

URIBARRI-MAYOR
May 13th, 2016, 09:31 AM
Good morning everyone, after a sunny and pleasant week today has dawned a bit cloudy with light rains but it seems to only be today, yesterday I was walking with my oldest daughter, because she has a trade and Thursday afternoon not it works so weŽll both shopping and walk, so yesterday not sew just a hexis while watching television, I arrange my sewing room today because yesterday bought some boxes to store some fabrics, patterns and magazines and IŽll fix in the morning, the afternoon will be to sew a while, so I hope that everyone will get their finished work so they can do that you like, sewing, read or walk around but everything is happy, smiles and prayers for those who need it, greetings

Claire Hallman
May 13th, 2016, 09:39 AM
I will close up my sewing machine today, sort of sad. I am looking forward to getting my new bedroom sewing space in the new house, hopefully in about 10 days. We move a week from tomorrow.:icon_rolleyes:

MayinJerset
May 13th, 2016, 10:30 AM
Sunny today but it's supposed to rain most of the weekend so we better get outside stuff done ASAP. Slept thought the night but don't feel rested but will get my butt moving after a bit more coffee.

Early last evening DGD Elizabeth called to say she would stop by later with something so we waited dinner for her. She's a RN and worked all last weekend so after her dance class she came for a belated Mother's Day visit with a bouquet of flowers, a hand made card and a sweet tea cup she came across recently. She has taken dance classes since she was about six. After being homeschooled kindergarten to 8th grade she attended a public performing arts high school and really excelled in dance and performing in musical productions. She graduated high school National Honor Society in Academics and Dance. While in high school Dance was her life, mostly ballet, but with her nursing classes schedule she didn't have time for it while she attended college. Glad to hear she's taken lessons again. She's not only smart and talented but pretty too. ATTACH=CONFIG]130392[/ATTACH]

Monique
May 13th, 2016, 10:48 AM
Sunny today but it's supposed to rain most of the weekend so we better get outside stuff done ASAP. Slept thought the night but don't feel rested but will get my butt moving after a bit more coffee.

Early last evening DGD Elizabeth called to say she would stop by later with something so we waited dinner for her. She's a RN and worked all last weekend so after her dance class she came for a belated Mother's Day visit with a bouquet of flowers, a hand made card and a sweet tea cup she came across recently. She has taken dance classes since she was about six. After being homeschooled kindergarten to 8th grade she attended a public performing arts high school and really excelled in dance and performing in musical productions. She graduated high school National Honor Society in Academics and Dance. While in high school Dance was her life, mostly ballet, but with her nursing classes schedule she didn't have time for it while she attended college. Glad to hear she's taken lessons again. She's not only smart and talented but pretty too. ATTACH=CONFIG]130392[/ATTACH]

How nice May.

WendyI
May 13th, 2016, 10:52 AM
May, your granddaughter is lovely! So sweet too! Nice to see you back here. Hope you are feeling better! xo

Nothing much new here. I am heading to a bar to listen to a live band with friends tonight. Should be interesting as I haven't stepped foot in a bar in almost 20 years! Forcing myself out of my comfort zone and trying to get out of the house. Should be interesting. I will try again to get into my sewing room this weekend! Wish me luck!

Sending hugs and love to those who need them!! xox

SewnByBee
May 13th, 2016, 01:32 PM
Hey there.
Jumping on for a minute to say hello.
May, your DGD, is a beautiful girl. You should be proud of her. I love seeing all the young ones we have, graduating, working hard, and having the talents they have. Thanks for sharing, with us. I was hoping, not to appear to be bragging, on my kid's....... I'm just honestly, so happy, to see their success, accomplishments, and them maturing into adults. OMG....they really are.....lol.......YIIIIIKES.... 😶.... 😐.... 😏....blessed 😊.
Here's, how creative my girls are. (two friends she made in college, and graduated with Sat. Two Business (bachelors ) (one school teacher )......
They, were ready to be through with school.....FINALLY.

Lot's to do, soon as I can get the moving happening....... the rain came in and hampered my bones...... ouch. 😔 Now, the sun is out bright and warning up. Maybe, I'll get it going, in a bit.........and more coffee.....lol.

Feel better Monique.
Have fun Barb.
Smile everyone.
Have a grate weekend.......❤

toggpine
May 13th, 2016, 01:38 PM
School stuff has kept me pretty busy this week, again.
Now I am trying to catch up on household things like laundry and vacuuming. We are going to a baseball game in the city tomorrow so my afternoon/evening there will be shot. Not that I will mind spending time with the family, but so much stuff to do.

The laundry is going (after I pulled a 3" screw out of the dryer's heater cover. Good job checking your pockets Honey.) The beds are stripped (waiting for the mattress pads to be dry). The dishwasher is chugging away. The dew is almost dryed off the grass, so I can go let the goats out into the upper field for a few hours and turn the chicken chicks out for the day. The turkey chicks are getting big, but not quite big enough to be outside yet. Then I'll open the windows and get serious about sorting the books and putting up the new-to-me bookcases.
I probably ought to think about something for supper too. Ugh.

Well, I hope you all make it a great day in your neighborhood! Hugs, Cathy

SewnByBee
May 13th, 2016, 01:39 PM
Claire, hope you get moved and settled soon. Back to masking pretties, in your new sewing room. Take care. It'll be over soon.....((( HUGGS ))).

JCY
May 13th, 2016, 05:29 PM
I'm finally finding time to sit down a few min. I was busy all morning with baking 2 loaves of DH's spelt bread. The house smells sooo good! Also changed the bed. Aired the pillows out in the sun. Did 2 loads of laundry & some vacuuming. Now I'm ready to hit the recliner & have a cup of coffee. Time to relax a bit.

Tonight is the season finale of The Amazing Race. Any other 'Race or Survivor fans here? Next week is the finale of Survivor. It's been an interesting season. The third contestant to get pulled from the game by Medical left Wed. -- the most ever in any season. It will be interesting to discover who wins the million dollars.

My coffee is calling me. I hope everyone has a good week end.