PDA

View Full Version : Its Hard work having 2 children with birthdays 7 days apart.

Tracy14
May 13th, 2016, 03:09 AM
2 weeks ago I did a home birthday party for my son who turned 7. Now tomorrow I am doing a birthday party for my Daughter who is 10. Don't get me wrong I love my kids and I love seeing them happy. We have also had 3 other birthday parties that we went to in April.

After a bit of a bad day, my cream wouldn't whip for the birthday cake (teach me for buying cream on special) . So a quick trip to the shops. Finally the cake is done now onto cleaning the house.

I rather be sewing. I walk past my sewing corner and there is a jumper to finish. I am so close to finishing it. I also have my squares cut out for a quilt. All nice and ironed just looking at me. Now counting down till Sunday till I can get back to my sewing machine. :) Sorry vent over. lol.

Having quick coffee break before I continue. :)

Patsquilting
May 13th, 2016, 05:24 AM
Oh, I feel your "pain". My GD and GS are 2 years apart - birthdays 1 day apart (Jan 29 and Jan 30) I'm sure they appreciate it.

Iris Girl
May 13th, 2016, 05:30 AM
Been there done that. My kids are exactly 4 years and 1 week apart. So glad they are adults now.

Bouse
May 13th, 2016, 05:36 AM
I understand exactly. My little boy is the 30th of August and my little girl is the 26th of August with 4 years between them. We tried for him and she is a very beautiful moment of carelessness.

dwil23
May 13th, 2016, 08:39 AM
My sister is 3 years and 3 days younger than me. My day is the 7th - hers the 10th of June. Our cousin, who lived next door to us growing up, has her birthday on June 5th - one year older than me. To top it off, said cousin has twin cousins whose birthdays are the 14th one year younger than me. So from the 5th to the 14th there were 5 birthdays to celebrate - all girls born within 4 years of each other.

I might add - birthday parties were much simpler then - not the big affairs they can be today. Just cake and ice cream and play in the back yard or swim if you had a pool.

Bubby
May 13th, 2016, 08:49 AM
Jeff and I have similar situation but it doesn't require birthday parties: Our anniversary is January 26 and Jeff's birthday is February 6. Valentine's Day is February 14 and my birthday is February 15. So many occasions in less than three weeks....yikes. We celebrate one time for everything!

I feel for you having to orchestrate two birthday parties so close together. One is quite enough work and expense.

mario1360
May 13th, 2016, 09:11 AM
wow, my mom had 9 children in 10 years, one after the other, I am the eldest and my youngest sibling is exactly 10 years and one month younger than me....now that was house full.....11 people crammed in a small 2 bedroom flat, no hot water, no bathtub nor shower.....how did we do it????????sounds surreal today.

Snip Snip
May 13th, 2016, 09:33 AM
wow, my mom had 9 children in 10 years, one after the other, I am the eldest and my youngest sibling is exactly 10 years and one month younger than me....now that was house full.....11 people crammed in a small 2 bedroom flat, no hot water, no bathtub nor shower.....how did we do it????????sounds surreal today.
I bet you kids spent a lot of time outside.

SallyO'Sews
May 13th, 2016, 11:46 AM

Wow - and I thought I was busy! Eight kids in 11 years, then a 4-year hiatus, and 2 more in 18 months.

A few years ago I was in the car with one of my then college-aged sons. He was grinning as he read a text message on his phone (I was driving). I asked who had inspired the smile & he said it was Krystal (girlfriend who now is his wife). "Oh?" I teased. "And why would she want to send you at text?"

"Well, she wanted to tell me happy 21st birthday," he responded.

I almost drove right off the road. "Oh, David!! I'm SO sorry! I comPLETEly forgot!!" He was very sweet about it, and DH and I took him out for dinner. :icon_rolleyes:

ceiliam
May 13th, 2016, 01:18 PM
My sister and I are exactly 51 weeks apart. I was born on Dec 28th she was born the following year on Dec 21st we had our first Christmas together. We never had birthday parties as my mom felt it was to much to do parties that close to Christmas.

mario1360
May 13th, 2016, 01:45 PM
yes we were out into the street along with dozens of other kids, dozens.....every day after school and every off school days....

rebeccas-sewing
May 13th, 2016, 09:17 PM
Two of my cousin's kids were actually born on the same day a couple of years apart. I never asked what she did for them when their birthdays rolled around. I need to ask her.

auntiemern
May 13th, 2016, 10:51 PM
My younger sister, and my birthdays are 2 days apart. We are also 2 years apart. Growing up we always had shared b'day parties.
My Anniversary & Birthday are 1 day apart.

TMP
May 14th, 2016, 12:01 AM
All the men in our family have b'days a few days apart April 27th for SL, April 29th for S and May 3rd for DH. All though they don't have big parties we do family dinner , cake and presents.

My great grandmother had 22 children (some sets of twins) only 10 survived to become adults. She died in her 50's. Just imagine having morning sickness half your life.

Peggi
May 14th, 2016, 02:53 AM
When I was a teenager, I lived next door to a couple who had 2 kids who were 2 or 3 years apart, born December 26th and January 1. I used to babysit them. The mom told me after the first couple of years, they simply moved the birthday parties to the summertime. They were a large family that loved to have big celebrations with all the aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents, and she said was just waaaay too much stimulation to have everything happening in that one week. I can only imagine.

mommadeb
May 14th, 2016, 06:17 PM
Same for me. March 16 and 22nd. 3 years apart.

Actually, here is my March bday list. All immediate family: 16th, 17th, 18th, 22nd, 27th.

Tracy14
May 14th, 2016, 10:52 PM
Hi,

Party is over. I am so exhausted today plus I have a bit of a cold. A bunch of 10 year olds are so loud. Think we might do something quieter next year. My house was so messy when they left. lol
Managed to do some garden with the kids this morning and just about to get my sewing machine plug up to finish off my jumper. Going on my son school excursion on Thursday to the zoo. I want to get my jumper finished so I can wear it that day. :)

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. :)

Tracy14
May 14th, 2016, 11:11 PM

I did managed to nearly finish off my longstitch I am doing for a present for my mum last night. :) Not the best photo as its a really bright day today. Not sure if the pic is too big as this is the first time I have posted a pic. If it is please tell me what size it has to be for future reference. :)