PDA

View Full Version : couldn't take it anymore....

bubba
May 13th, 2016, 01:58 AM
The pain, that is. I pulled up my big girl panties and drug my butt to the doctor. The nurse looked at it and was quite amazed with my bruised armpit, as was the doctor! The doctor poked and prodded gently and sent me to xray.

Next time I saw her, she was smiling and shaking her head, not quite sure how I missed not breaking bones in my foot, my shoulder, my ribs or hurting my lungs (I beg to differ, the one does hurt!). She gave me good drugs and sent me on my way and said I should be good to go in about six weeks......that is SIX WEEKS OF NO SEWING!!!!

Mel is also home from urgent care. She passed out/fainted at school, and again at the doctors off. When they were cleaning her ears, both her tubes came out, so she is looking at surgery again. Poor thing :( She is now on Flonase, allergy pills and antihistamines trying to get the fluid in her ears dried up as that is what is making her so dizzy. She won't be back to school till next week.

kimsophia
May 13th, 2016, 02:38 AM
Oh dear! D:

stationarymom
May 13th, 2016, 02:39 AM
Pat I hope you heal sooner than 6 weeks.Why do they think it will take that long you didn't say that you fractured anything?
I hope you DGD heals quickly also.How did she get the fluid build up in her ears if she had tubes?

bubba
May 13th, 2016, 02:55 AM
Pat I hope you heal sooner than 6 weeks.Why do they think it will take that long you didn't say that you fractured anything?
I hope you DGD heals quickly also.How did she get the fluid build up in her ears if she had tubes?

Because they are so badly bruised. I'd post a picture of the bruises, but it would be showing parts most would not want to see!!!

Mel has a hereditary deafness, and her ears do not work like most peoples. Normally, when you have tubes, by the time you are six or so, you outgrow the need for them. She has had nine operations for them since the age of four...she turns 13 in July, and is now looking at another. Her ears had both become impacted with wax and when they flushed that out, it brought the tubes with it. The Flonase (even tho I hate it!) will help dry up the excess fluid. At least nothing was infected this time!

easyquilts
May 13th, 2016, 08:04 AM
Oh, so sorry.... Please take care of yourself.... No sewing? Oh, dear....

Monique
May 13th, 2016, 08:07 AM
Oh at least there is nothing broken, but sometimes it hurts worse if not broken. Feel better soon. And I hope Mel starts to feel better soon too.

Bubby
May 13th, 2016, 08:37 AM
You've had such a rough week, with several to come. I did something similar two years ago and it took 3 months for my bruises to heal and for me to feel normal again. I would bet you won't refrain from sewing for the whole 6 weeks. At some point you will begin to go out of your mind without sewing. Drinking pineapple juice is supposed to help bruises heal. I hope your DGD gets better quickly. (((HUGS)))

mario1360
May 13th, 2016, 09:14 AM
well look at it this way, you have six wonderful weeks to rest your body, replenish your soul and meditate about the bestest quilts possible.....

northwoodsann
May 13th, 2016, 09:15 AM
Take care sounds like you really did some fancy tap dancing to get those injuries. You must feel like even your eyelashes hurt you did so much damage and everything seems to be interconnected in our bodies. It is so hard to be an invalid when you are used to being so active. My only sanity saver for these times is my mantra " I am not in a nursing home for rehab" That slows my grumbling down a bit-only a bit.

MayinJerset
May 13th, 2016, 09:17 AM
Oh Man, What a situation but at least nothing is broken although everything still hurts so bad. Poor Mel going through so much right now too. Some Big Hugs and Mega prayers being sent to both of you for lessening of pain and quick healing.

SallyO'Sews
May 13th, 2016, 11:50 AM
Six weeks!?!?! Oh, you poor thing. But I think you'd best follow the Dr's orders so you can heal up properly. Hope you have lots of fun designing new bags and such while you're waiting. Feel better, quilty friend!

Simply Quilting
May 13th, 2016, 12:59 PM
I am glad that nothing was broken. Sorry it is going to take you such a long time to recover.

ceiliam
May 13th, 2016, 01:05 PM
Glad nothing was broken, 6 weeks I'm so sorry hugs and prayers being sent to you both

WendyI
May 13th, 2016, 01:13 PM
Yikes! Glad nothing was broken but that is a long time to be laid up...usually the first week is the worst...I'm sure after that you might be able to squeeze in a little bit of sewing every day. Fingers crossed! Poor Mel...it's so hard when kids have to go through chronic stuff like this. Hopefully she will outgrow it?? (((HUGS)))

KarenC
May 13th, 2016, 01:13 PM
Glad you decided to have it checked out. Praying for Mel also. Poor thing has had a rough time.

rebeccas-sewing
May 13th, 2016, 01:14 PM
Feel better soon, Bubby. I'm glad you finally went to the doctor.