• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sewlucky
    Missouri Star
    • Nov 2013

Long time no see :)

Hello! I haven't been around here for a couple of months. Life got super busy with school! I finished my first year and am pretty happy to be done. I've been trying to find a job, but it's not going as well as I had hoped. I have a complimentary degree so I should be able to get a job in a library without my diploma, but most of the jobs are hired internally and there's a bunch of new grads from my program so maybe that's the problem. I will keep trying.

For now, I've been killing time before we go on our trip to visit our daughter by working on decorations for our son's wedding coming up at the end of July. We are making 100 giant paper flowers!! I have 17 done...83 to go lol!

image.jpg

These flowers are nearly 14" across. So much fun and so pretty!

I will get busy and read back a ways in the archives here to see what I've missed!

Terri
  • Granny Judy
    Missouri Star
    • Apr 2011

Re: Long time no see

Glad you have you back with us.... Good luck with job hunting. I'm sure there is a perfect fit out there for you. Wow!! great looking flowers!!

Only a few flowers left?? I can't wait to see that Bouquet.
    Judy

Click HERE to find me and My imagination
    :icon_wave:

Comment

• sewlucky
      Missouri Star
      • Nov 2013

Thanks GrannyJudy! These flowers are actually for the walls of the hall! I'm going to have to tidy up my sewing room just to have a place to put these things before they take over my whole house! LOL

Terri

Comment

• stationarymom
        Missouri Star
        • Jun 2013

Good luck with the job hunt,it's really hard to find jobs here in the states as well.My son has a degree from Harvard and that really didn't open any doors for him.The flowers you made are beautiful! Are they difficult to make and where did you find directions?
        :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

• Jean Sewing Machine
          Missouri Star
          • Jan 2012

Wow, 100 of those beauties is a big job! Glad you are back with us!

Comment

• sewlucky
            Missouri Star
            • Nov 2013

Originally posted by stationarymom View Post
            Good luck with the job hunt,it's really hard to find jobs here in the states as well.My son has a degree from Harvard and that really didn't open any doors for him.The flowers you made are beautiful! Are they difficult to make and where did you find directions?
            Thanks Joan! I am confident I will be hired after I finish my second year of the program I'm in, I'm just hoping I can get hired before then!

The flowers really aren't difficult at all. I'm using Recollections 65lb cardstock from Michael's. We found the tutorial here Paper Flower Backdrop - Ash and Crafts I will probably make the bulk of the flowers since I have the most time, but I know my daughter-in-law to be will help as will some of my friends if I ask! It takes about 20 minutes to make each flower. I looked at getting a cut file to use my electronic cutter to make them, but I think its actually quicker to make them by hand with regular scissors because I can cut three petals at a time. The gal who does the tutorial cuts 6 petals at a time but I think that's too many - smoother cut to only do three. Each flower uses 9 8.5x11 sheets of cardstock.

Terri

Comment

• sewlucky
              Missouri Star
              • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
              Wow, 100 of those beauties is a big job! Glad you are back with us!
              Thanks Jean! I will post pics of how beautiful the hall is and share after the wedding!

Comment

• Bouse
                The Guild President
                • Aug 2014

The flowers are beautiful. I love the colours.

Comment

• KarenC
                  Missouri Star
                  • Apr 2015

The flowers are gorgeous. You have a job ahead of you. Welcome back and good luck with the job hunt.
                  Karen
                  Spring, TX

Comment

• Bubby
                    Missouri Star
                    • Jun 2011

Glad to see you again! Good luck with the wedding preparations. The flowers are gorgeous!
                    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• Monique
                      Missouri Star
                      • Jan 2011

Welcome back Terri. Congratulations on completing your first year. Any employer would be lucky to have you.

Those flowers are gorgeous. My daughter-in-law was into paper flowers for a while. She made a lot of wedding bouquets.

You have been too affected by the wild fire in Fort McMurray?
                      Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

• SuzyQue
                        Missouri Star
                        • Jan 2010

I agree....flowers are gorgeous! My friend just finished hundreds of flowers for her first daughter's wedding. She has 3 girls getting married this year! Your color choices are awesome! Can't wait to see those pics!

Comment

Working...
                        X