PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday with a chance of rain

Blondie
May 11th, 2016, 07:30 AM

Hello Folksies!

Yes, it looks like rain drops will be falling on my head - but not in my kitchen! Hallelujah! My new roof is on. What a wonderful feeling.

Morning exercise: To start the morning off right I do 1 Squat Thrust..yes I said 1 got a problem with that? Okay I fell out of bed because my foot got tangled in the covers, so I put out my arms to brace my fall and wallah got up by doing a 9.9 Squat Thrust. Then I warm up by walking down the hall...start out slowly so I do not cramp up and slowly pick up speed...the coffee pot is calling my name. I decide to do the few dishes left in the sink overnight for finger dexterity.Turn on the water to fill the sink and gauge the water temperature by putting my hand under it. I quickly pull it out (too hot) but my reflexes are great and I think my bicep now has a bit more definition. I am lazy so I only do one and also turn the cold water on a wee bit. I finish getting my fingers limber by washing the dishes. I rinse the dishes and again water too hot but now definition has been added to my other bicep.

Gracie needs to go out and this where I can finish my exercise routine. She rushes out the door (she really needs to go) and Max, our newest addition pushes me out of the way (he also really needs to go) I am trying to keep from tripping over them so that I do not end up doing a tumbling routine.. Nothing seems to interest either of them as they sniff every blade of grass, iris blades, azaleas - but I have gotten my cardio routine done. Finally locating the perfect place for each to urinate in unison, they run back to the deck and wait at the door for me to catch up. When I arrive at that destination, Gracie decides to have another run around the yard. Little rascal loves me to chase her. So we have a quick game of "Ring Around the Rosie"....it was unexpected but fun. Apparently she was not done doing her business. I finish my exercise routine by heading back up the stairs and going into the house and take a shower.

The end.

Have a happy day, even if it is filled with liquid sunshine.

Ginny B
May 11th, 2016, 08:11 AM
Good morning all. Blondie, that's quite a unique exercise routine you have going there. :) Congratulations on your new roof. No raindrops on your head. It's a good thing.

No raindrops here this morning. The sun is out and that makes me smile for sure. It makes our Myrtle smile too. She loves laying in the patches of sunshine. Things were much calmer at work yesterday. Thank goodness. However, the new time clock system is having quite of few issues. I have a feeling that we will be continuing with the old paper timesheets for a while.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Bubby
May 11th, 2016, 08:11 AM
Morning,

Blondie, I can't keep up with you this morning. I'm dragging a bit. I'm so glad you and Larry got a new roof!!

When we let the Girls out of their crates to go outside first thing in the morning we call it 'UNCAGING THE RAGE". We stand back and watch them stretch, jump and carry on all the way to the front door. Olive bangs her head along the baseboards and Dottie stretches and makes cat noises we call her Kitty Call. I just stay out of their way. When they come back indoors they're normal again.

We are supposed to get some more bad storms this evening and throughout the night. The tornados in Oklahoma were terrifying.

I'm not sure what's on my agenda today, but working on the closet in the sewing room would be a good place to start.

Wishing everyone a wonderful Wednesday.

URIBARRI-MAYOR
May 11th, 2016, 08:20 AM
Good morning everyone, here a very nice day with a beautiful sun and although still not heat much like we will have a warm day. Blondie seems to have started the day with a good workout, I have a few lifted hours and IŽll fix because IŽll Bilbao , is the capital of my state, I have to do some shopping and cut my hair and heat arrives and shorter comfortable, so I wish you all a happy day and although not shine the sun shine their faces with the your of a new day, regards

Monique
May 11th, 2016, 08:36 AM
Blondie, you never disappoint to make me smile in the morning.

So I worked yesterday, nothing exciting there. I got into my sewing room last night to hopefully finish that dang bag. WELL, it didn't happen. Got frustrated and gave up. I will try again today, after I get my chores done. No rain today here, so laundry washing, dishes awaiting. I have already been out and about the neighbourhood. OH WAIT, I guess I got my exercise too.

Have a great day everyone.

MRoy
May 11th, 2016, 08:48 AM
Good morning! I'm off to a slow start this morning. Last night started out with a tornado warning, then we had storms and hail during the night. It's still stormy this morning, but I think I could go back to sleep and nap right through it. I had planned to go to the Amish flower auction this afternoon, but that now depends on the weather. I still don't have the ferns for my front porch and I thought after the Mother's Day rush they might be cheaper, but I'm not going to stand under a metal roof in a thunderstorm to get a bargain.

For those having storms and bad weather, take care!

easyquilts
May 11th, 2016, 09:06 AM
Good Morning!

My morning routine....my exercise for the day....involves struggling out of bed.....not because I wan to, but because my two babies are insisting...... They head for the bavk sliding doors... I head for the coffee pot..... While the little guys do their thing outside, I do my bending and hand exercising getting their breakfast.... Creaminess us the name if thus game....

While I sip that first lovely cuppa, and nibble on buttery toast....breakfast is served to Spencer and Finny.... I nibble, they gobble... We all end up in our comfy chair....our exercising is done for the time being.... Our day has begun... Rain or shine....(rain today).

mario1360
May 11th, 2016, 10:06 AM
good morning, so much optimism here today, I love it. Good news my shingles seem to be dwindling down....what a relief....working from home today, nice and sunny outside, summer weather is upon us. Peace to all.

Grandma Nan
May 11th, 2016, 10:14 AM
Good morning all

My morning routine is to walk to the coffee pot and then to the couch to check on the Forum activities and other important world events.

Then "I really go fast" as my 3 yr old grandson would say. Make beds, load dishes in the dishwasher, tidy and figure out what i might make for dinner. Believe me, this sounds like regular housework but it is really quite challenging and I am puffing by the end. LOL.

Speaking of dinner, I tried the crock pot Lasagna last night and it was a delicious recipe and so easy. It is definitely a keeper.

Sunny day here so heading out to cut the grass. Now that is my real exercise. I have an old fashioned push mower and I love it.

We are doing a block challenge at our guild. Anyone who wants to participate makes a block and then there is a draw and one lucky member wins them all to put together as a quilt. We were given the pattern and the colour scheme and then it was up to each person to do their own thing. All the blocks will be different because of the materials used and the choice of the fussy cut flower in the centre, I finished mine last night and now I really want to win. Its a very Springy looking block and will make a beautiful quilt I think.

Have a very sunflowery day and do something nice for yourself today.

Jean Sewing Machine
May 11th, 2016, 10:30 AM
Good morning! So good to hear about your day so far, Blondie! So glad to hear you got your new roof on the house!

I started working on a second Binding tool star quilt for a friend's wedding in June. For a quilt that looks so complicated, it goes together so easily! I love making this pattern. I tend to get stuck on one pattern once I try it and like it, I think this is a good one to get stuck on and remake in different color ways! Watch out family, star quilts are on the way to you! The only real time constraint is cutting the pieces, but that really didn't even take that long. I made half the blocks in about 2 hours, hope to work on it today and maybe get close to finishing the top.

Hope you all have a great day!

ceiliam
May 11th, 2016, 10:46 AM
Morning all been trying for 3 day to do block 3 splendid sampler, should be easy one right? Sometimes the easy ones are not for some reason this one stumped me. Finally after 4 attempts and doing it wrong....success a lightbulb moment it hit got it. Now that I figured it out, I can finish it. Cleaning my sister's house today working on a form going to take several hours then hope to clean my house. So good to see all of your smiling faces have a great day. Cecelia

LynneLeavell
May 11th, 2016, 10:49 AM
Blondie you wore me out this morning. It was all I could do to get up shower get my two grandsons up so they could get ready for school and eat breakfast. Then I had to get them to school and then to work.

Glad you got your roof fix. Have a great day all.

Cool Breeze Quilter
May 11th, 2016, 11:21 AM
Thank you for the chuckle. I like your morning exercise routine.

I'm off today and will get some errands & chores done. I did square up a few blocks of a quilt I'm working on this morning. Maybe later I'll do some more sewing.

Have a great day!

GrammaBabs
May 11th, 2016, 11:21 AM
Good Morning!
My mornings go a lot later than you gals.. but once i get going... watch out:))
Blondie, good to have you back... Hoping to get pictures posted in a bit of the 4 patch finish:))))
Love to all,,, the sun is finally out here,,, Pool opens Memorial Day... Yippee,,, Hugs, B

WendyI
May 11th, 2016, 11:26 AM
Morning all. Not much new here. Started a new part-time job doing some typing for a lady. The pay is really good so hoping it will last for a while. Or at least long enough to get my credit card paid down and to pay for my trip home this summer. Planning for Liam and I and the dog to head to the east coast to visit family...New Brunswick, Halifax Nova Scotia, and Charlottetown PEI. So nice to have family living in these places.

No sewing for me yet...really MUST get on that this weekend! Sending lots of love and hugs to those who need them! xox

LindaKay75
May 11th, 2016, 12:01 PM
I don't know Blondie, you have more piss and vinegar than I do in the mornings. I envy you with sooooo much energy. Bet you're a lot younger though :icon_giggle: Keep up your pace and God bless. It's 11am here in sunny dry south Florida and I'm venturing out to Home Depot, ugh. Everybody have a great day.

mario1360
May 11th, 2016, 12:46 PM
that is a winner block Grandma Nan.

toggpine
May 11th, 2016, 12:56 PM
A few more minutes of Em's speech appointment. I have bookcases to wipe down and fill up. Yeehaw! I swear, this is the year I get rid of all of the boxes in the house.

KarenC
May 11th, 2016, 01:53 PM
Good morning (what's left of it here) everyone. I just want to say I enjoy reading your posts daily. I normally don't post much, because my days are the same, get up, shower, dress, and into Houston traffic for an hour to get to work. Typically work late, waiting for traffic to dies down, then home. Rarely do I get to sew during the week, because I am pooped by the time I get home. I'm off this Friday, so I hope to take some fabric to a lady, a few towns north, to have her laser cut my triangles. I need 500-550 60 degree triangles for a quilt for my son. I've already cut about 50 of them, but stored them in a safe place, which I have not been able to locate. Hopefully, the light bulb clicks on tonight or tomorrow of where they are. It just seems to take so long to cut the fabric, that hopefully this will allow me to have them be more accurate and actually cut, so I can start sewing again. Hope you are all having a wonderful day.

JCY
May 11th, 2016, 06:06 PM
No time to post this a.m. I'm just getting around to it a 3 p.m. This morning was our final Bible Study Fellowship meeting for the year. We finished the last lesson last week. We studied the book of Revelation, which was an excellent study. Today was a sharing day & lots of hymn singing. I played the piano. Now we won't meet again until after Labor Day.

Had my usual $1.83 Wendy's lunch, then stopped at the groc. store on the way home for a few things. I've been taking it easy this afternoon. I still have to do my arm exercises. My last therapy session is tomorrow, then a follow-up appt. with the orthopedic dr. next week. I'll need to continue the exercises for a long time to keep things limber & mobile.

Yesterday I hemmed 2 flannel blankets & made 6 burp cloths. I'm still debating on which pattern to use for the elephant themed quilt. I purchased Bobo Baby Bobo fabrics from fabric.com. This baby is a boy, due in Aug.

Well, I better get to those exercises! Ugh!

Dollyquilts
May 11th, 2016, 06:39 PM
good morning, so much optimism here today, I love it. Good news my shingles seem to be dwindling down....what a relief....working from home today, nice and sunny outside, summer weather is upon us. Peace to all.

Mario, so glad to hear your shingles are getter better.

Pandabear
May 11th, 2016, 09:30 PM
I'm so tired of the rain. It's been going on for two weeks straight. My yellow lab looks like a chocolate lab now. So. Much. Mud.