PDA

View Full Version : Overtime Night Owl @,@

kimsophia
May 10th, 2016, 02:33 AM
Whoo! Both NBA playoff games tonight went into overtime, and the GSW/PTB's game is still going. We are having a downpour of rain that knocked out the Dish TV, so I missed most of the last minute of regulation time. :P

Tonight I am trying the fusible applique technique. It's certainly faster and easier and with Misty Fuse, tracing in reverse is not necessary. I'm still seeing some fraying so I'm not sure if I didn't fuse the Misty Fuse long enough with the iron....I'll turn it back on and see if I can detect a difference. I'm zig zagging around the edges with invisible thread, smoke for the darker section and white for the lighter color.

How are things in your nest? :)

stationarymom
May 10th, 2016, 02:42 AM
Hoot hoot It's pretty boring in my nest tonight.I haven't done applique yet so I can't offer you any pointers,but I hope you get it all figured out.I was reading the other posts earlier and Pat posted that she fell today and got all banged up I hope she's ok,especially since she just got over the flu.

bubba
May 10th, 2016, 03:29 AM
Pat is feeling achey breaky for sure!! Mainly my armpit and knee, plus some pain in my foot with some swelling there. If I don't fall asleep soon, I will either be taking myself or trying to get ahold of my daughter to go to urgent care.

At least we found rhubarb plants today!! My mission was to buy the city print and rhubarb plants, and I got both!

kimsophia
May 10th, 2016, 03:39 AM
Ouch! I hope you feel better soon, Pat!

toggpine
May 10th, 2016, 03:46 AM
Poor Pat! I'd take you, but I might have some explaining to do to hubby about why I was going out in the middle of the night.

I got started mucking out our bedroom. Things have been accumulating in there for the last 12 years without much ever leaving. I say I'll do it every year and it never quite gets done. I have two boxes ready to go to the thrift store and a sack of trash.
I have also scoped out a set of bookcases on Craigslist, as long as the seller isn't a whack job. Hopefully that will help with the book storage issues. I can also put fabric bins in the bottom for storing other items. No more cards and small board games tucked every which place. I can only hope....
Such lofty goals for midnight!
I hope you all are having a good one. Hugs! C

Jean Sewing Machine
May 10th, 2016, 04:26 AM
Pat is feeling achey breaky for sure!! Mainly my armpit and knee, plus some pain in my foot with some swelling there. If I don't fall asleep soon, I will either be taking myself or trying to get ahold of my daughter to go to urgent care.

At least we found rhubarb plants today!! My mission was to buy the city print and rhubarb plants, and I got both! hey Pat! Sorry to hear about your fall! Hope things improve for you!

What are you planning to do with your city print? I bought it a couple of months ago because it is so beautiful, but really don't know what to make from it that will show off the full extent of the design.

DeniseSm
May 10th, 2016, 05:04 AM
Pat, Hope you feel better soon. Please go to the doctor. Better safe than sorry.

bubba
May 10th, 2016, 02:36 PM
hey Pat! Sorry to hear about your fall! Hope things improve for you!

What are you planning to do with your city print? I bought it a couple of months ago because it is so beautiful, but really don't know what to make from it that will show off the full extent of the design.

I saw a quilt done up in a shop with it. They cut strips about 9" wide, six of them, and the when they sewed it back together, they flipped every other on so it is light on top, dark on top, light on top and so on. It looks like a reflection. When quilted it, they went corner to corner at an angle and then continued around, about 1" away all the way around, so it's like a big starburst. No border, just binding. I'll try to post a picture of it from my phone, but I have not been having luck doing that lately.

bubba
May 10th, 2016, 02:48 PM
I can't load from my phone so I emailed it to myself. It won't let me post it from there either!!!! Let me try something else and see if that works...............

bubba
May 10th, 2016, 03:01 PM
hey Pat! Sorry to hear about your fall! Hope things improve for you!

Had to take a picture with my iPad from my phone! I love this quilt!

Neller
May 10th, 2016, 04:53 PM
I saw a quilt done up in a shop with it. They cut strips about 9" wide, six of them, and the when they sewed it back together, they flipped every other on so it is light on top, dark on top, light on top and so on. It looks like a reflection. When quilted it, they went corner to corner at an angle and then continued around, about 1" away all the way around, so it's like a big starburst. No border, just binding. I'll try to post a picture of it from my phone, but I have not been having luck doing that lately.

Pat that sounds beautiful! I hope you are able to post a picture, I'd love to see how it turns out! Also, I hope there was no real damage from your fall. Not that bruises aren't real, but I meant no broken bones or such!