PDA

View Full Version : anyone have a barn????

bubba
May 9th, 2016, 08:41 PM
Since I am feeling better, we went and did some running around. Went to the craft store so I could get some of that Kaufman City Panel....most places are out of it! After that, we went to the nursery because I wanted rhubarb plants.

MM and I were walking around when he all of a sudden walked off and came back with a cart. Well, I am a curious person so I followed him to see what he was up to. I sure wish I would have seen the elevated cement platform because my life would be a bit happier right now. I fell on it, the two plants in my hands went flying, I screwed up my mothers day pedicure, scraped my toes, scraped my knee, hit my elbow, caught my fall with my armpit in a garbage can (which is now broken), hit my shoulder blade and twisted my neck....if you can break your boob and armpit, I'm pretty sure I did that too! Not too sure I won't be ending up at urgent care later, depending on my foot....have not decided yet if I think I broke bones in it or not. I'll tell you what though, my armpit....it is a hurting! My luck I did break bones in my foot and they would give me crutches to use, which I'm pretty sure I couldn't!

Good part is it was on my bad foot, so it didn't screw up my good foot :D

BethB
May 9th, 2016, 08:47 PM
Hope you're better soon!!

shirleyknot
May 9th, 2016, 08:53 PM
I have a 17 stall horse barn, would that do? Ouch!

Grandma Nan
May 9th, 2016, 09:09 PM
Oh mylanta! Take care. That sounds pretty much like a whole body shake up. Maybe you do need to go to urgent care just to get checked out. Hope all is well but you are going to be sore for a day or two.

Simply Quilting
May 9th, 2016, 09:20 PM
Ouch!!! Getting checked out would probably be a good idea since you hit hard several places. I guess your plans for the next day will include lots of rest for as sore as you are going to be. Epson salt baths are helpful.

Pandabear
May 9th, 2016, 09:25 PM
Sheesh woman!! I thought I was an accident waiting to happen.

Feel better soon and I'll be hoping you didn't break anything.

Monique
May 9th, 2016, 10:02 PM
Oh my goodness! That does sound painful. I hope nothing is broken and that you will heal quickly.

Snip Snip
May 9th, 2016, 10:37 PM
Oh, I just cringed when I read about your fall! How awful! I'm just wondering what a concrete platform was doing in the middle of your walking path? As a former business owner, I think that should have been well marked to prevent exactly what happened....and to prevent a lawsuit.

TMP
May 9th, 2016, 10:38 PM
Its wonder it didn't knock you out. Hope you feel better soon

Cokie
May 9th, 2016, 10:44 PM
Oh my goodness! I hope you feel better soon. It might be good to get checked out just in case - that's a lot of bumps and bruises for one fall. And sometimes it's worse the next day - might help to know what to expect. I hope tomorrow will be a better day!

Hulamoon
May 9th, 2016, 10:46 PM
That gave me chicken skin. I hope your okay.

KarenC
May 9th, 2016, 10:55 PM
OMG! That is one chain reaction of events! I think you may need that Epson salt tomorrow for a long soak.

GaGa
May 9th, 2016, 11:16 PM
Oh my! I sure hope you are ok! Sounds like something I'd do. I've had some spectacular falls!

bubba
May 10th, 2016, 12:02 AM
Oh, I just cringed when I read about your fall! How awful! I'm just wondering what a concrete platform was doing in the middle of your walking path? As a former business owner, I think that should have been well marked to prevent exactly what happened....and to prevent a lawsuit.

It was a paved walkway about 3' wide. He had parked the cart right in the middle of it, so I was trying to get around it. On the right, where I was, there was an area that was about curb height high and four or five feet long that I could not see because there was no markings on it to warn you it was like that and thinking it was all level, I caught my foot on it and down I went.

I immediately took Aleve and Tylenol and once we got home, ice and elevation. Then I fell asleep. Just woke up, ankle is sore, but not really swollen, foot hurts and so does the knee and I'm getting some pretty bruises on the boob and in the armpit.

toggpine
May 10th, 2016, 01:26 AM
Yes. But I don't think i want you near it! Now if I had some demolition work to do....

stationarymom
May 10th, 2016, 01:49 AM
Oh Pat I hope it's just bumps and bruises,I agree with the others go get yourself checked.

Sandy Navas
May 10th, 2016, 08:51 AM

I understand there are plans for a city ordnance that Pat NOT be allowed out of the house unless she wears this type suit. Everyone please send her your bubble wrap pieces . . . sounds as if she needs them!

Suzette
May 10th, 2016, 08:55 AM
Ouch, ouch, ouch!! I hurt just reading about that nasty fall. I hope you are soon on the mend. I'm sure today is not fun. The next day always seems to be the worst after a tumble.

MayinJerset
May 10th, 2016, 08:57 AM
OH, Just when you were feeling better from the flu. Hope there are no major injuries.

Bubby
May 10th, 2016, 08:58 AM
That sounds like one of my special dance moves. I hope you feel better soon, Pat.

Grandma G
May 10th, 2016, 09:34 AM
Good grief!!! Talk about doing the twist and shout! I'm with Sandy, my first thought is you shouldn't be allowed out of the house unless you are covered with bubble wrap and I'm guessing that somehow you would manage to poke holes in it as well. Guess you never found out what MM was up to with the cart besides having it handy for use as a mini ambulance for you???

Seriously, though, I really hope that your pain is decreasing as we speak and that you will mend as quickly as possible.

tsladaritz
May 10th, 2016, 09:35 AM
Oh dear. that sounds like something I would do. I so feel your pain and hope you recover quickly.

WendyI
May 10th, 2016, 09:53 AM
Holy Crap on a Cracker! You're lucky you didn't break something! Today is gonna suck...but tomorrow will be worse! Keep taking that anti-inflammatory I think.

So did you ever find out what he needed the cart for??

bubba
May 10th, 2016, 02:33 PM
He had the cart to put a clay pot on.

I slept quite well last night which surprised me! When I woke up this morning, I was basically pain free!! Nice bruising in my armpit and on my boob. Now that I have been up about an hour, painfree is no longer part of my vocabulary.....I hurt like a son of a gun. I think I am actually going to break down and head to urgent care as soon as I can get myself dressed. My ribs are hurting when I breathe and my foot is throbbing.

CraftHer
May 10th, 2016, 03:26 PM
Oh no! This gave my flashbacks of my recent treadmill fall. You hear it said all the time, but it happened so fast! I also recommend Epson salt bath. I put a little baking soda and lavender in the water, too. Hope you heal up fast.

geegeequilts
May 10th, 2016, 03:38 PM
I can't add much except OUCH!!!! Sounds like you might have cracked a rib or two plus a Hopeful only severe sprained ankle? Get to the urgent care place asap. Let us know when you get back.

Gina

mommadeb
May 10th, 2016, 03:42 PM
Good grief!!

I think you should come over here to Iceland and sit in one of our geothermal spas. Get well soon!

Vonnie
May 10th, 2016, 03:58 PM
Yikes - hope you are feeling better soon!

I don't think you should find a barn to live in. I'm first gen city girl but I'm pretty sure barns are more dangerous than houses for tripping and such. Although falling on hay would be easier but with your luck the pitch fork would be in it.

bubba
May 10th, 2016, 04:05 PM
Yikes - hope you are feeling better soon!

I don't think you should find a barn to live in. I'm first gen city girl but I'm pretty sure barns are more dangerous than houses for tripping and such. Although falling on hay would be easier but with your luck the pitch fork would be in it.

The barn is to take me behind and shoot!!! An old friend always used to say he was going to do that to me with the variety of injuries I have had over the years.

SallyO'Sews
May 10th, 2016, 04:21 PM
Oh, Pat, NOOOOOO!!!! I'm so sorry. Hope those rainbows in your signature show up soon!

p.s. I showed my DD all the bags in your album so she could pick out the pattern she wants me to make. You are such an inspiration!

quiltingtrish
May 10th, 2016, 05:20 PM
Oh my goodness! My arm hurts from 2 shots I got yesterday but they don't hurt anymore after I read where you are hurting! I hope you do get checked out - that's too many places that got attacked.

alliek
May 10th, 2016, 05:23 PM
OH NO! So sorry this happened. I hope you are healing some by now. Maybe a visit to the urgent care should be an urgent consideration. Usually it takes 72 hours before all your injuries,bruises and pains surface. Prayers for healing being said. Rest up.

snippet
May 11th, 2016, 01:48 AM
Oh wow you really did a job on yourself didn't you? Good thing you medicated ASAP cause it's a lot of hurt in your future.

I did the same thing a few years back on a trip to Puerto Vallarta. I tripped over the concrete block, glasses flew off, my knees were scraped bad, and I tried to catch myself with my hands but wound up crumpling them under my weight. We were on our way to a zip line excursion, so I managed to hobble over there and clean up as best as I could. After the awesome zip line was over, we rode horses out of the mountain and forest down to the outskirts of the city. My saddle wasn't on right and I kept sliding, and I slid right off on a steep turn. I tumbled down and down into some brush.

I swear I'm not such a klutz usually. And this was the first getaway with a boyfriend too! It had been a great memory but painful. I had two badly sprained wrists and wore braces on both of them for months.