PDA

View Full Version : Stitching Night Owl @,@

kimsophia
May 9th, 2016, 01:48 AM
Hoot hoot! Whoooo's awake? @,@

I am attempting to satin stitch my turned edge applique onto the background fabric. Why did I go to the trouble to turn the edges when I am burying it in satin stitching? Well, I didn't know it was going to go so badly and I managed to get some of the edges plasticized with the Misty Fuse. So to hide my mistakes I decided to bury the edge. However I am bad at satin stitching as well. I managed to sew a fold into one tree branch. Rather than undo all that stitching I decided to perform some emergency trapunto. What a comedy of errors. I think I will give up the idea of a turned edge after this and just zig zag stuff down. My machine sometimes gets stuck, or stops at a point and satin stitches a blob that is quickly too big to fit under the foot. I don't know if the feed dogs are messed up or not. It's going to be a long night. :P I'm taking a break!

My hip is less sore tonight...yay!

How are yoooou?

bubba
May 9th, 2016, 02:01 AM
MM made us a fantastic dinner tonight. I feel like a new woman......I think after two weeks and two days I have survived the flu! I hope nobody else gets that, it's awful. As you may have seen in another post, it seems our middle grandgirl has it now. At least I know she did not get it from me because I stayed clear of everyone! We have her vicksed up, masked up, and drugged up tonight and hunkered down on their couch for the night. She is staying home tomorrow from school, and I told her mom to not be surprised if she is home all week with it!

I even felt well enough that I went and got a pedicure with my girls today and I also planted my container garden with plants to attract hummingbirds and butterflies!

stationarymom
May 9th, 2016, 02:16 AM
Hoot I'm glad to hear that the two of you feel better tonight.
I had a good Mother's Day,we went to brunch at crown Plaza today and I ate all I could we were still full at 8pm and brunch was at 1pm.They had a good variety of foods and they had crab which was delicious.My DS figured out what to do about a gift he bought me a Lands End gift card which is good I get all my tops from them because they actually fit right.Even Sterling (the puppy) gave me a gift card so I can buy new shoes.

toggpine
May 9th, 2016, 03:06 AM
I had a good day!
On Friday I bought a yard swing from an estate sale for $20. I have always wanted a porch swing/glider. We just don't have a porch to hang one from. I haven't really had the extra $500+ to buy one. This one was pretty gross. Around here things get covered with pollen and then it sprouts a green algae that smells a lot like sea weed. This had an added layer of lichen and moss.
After chores today, I had Eric dig out the pressure washer and got to town. I figured I would have to at least replace the cushion this year and possibly the canopy too. The frame was in great shape, so I figured I would be ahead of the game no matter what.
Amazingly, the fabric cleaned up really well. It has been outside since about 2007, so there is going to be some wear, and the pressure washer wasn't kind to some of the stitching or some spots of fabric. At this point, I can make the set up work for the summer (slip cover if necessary) and Eric is going to check with the guy that does the upholstery work for the boat yard. He seems to think the guy can make replacements for it. Nice!
Not much sewing done lately, but hopefully I can get back to it now that I have a few things caught up, including getting some planting done in the garden.
I hope you all had a good weekend!
Hugs, C

bubba
May 9th, 2016, 03:34 AM
I had a good day!
On Friday I bought a yard swing from an estate sale for $20. I have always wanted a porch swing/glider. We just don't have a porch to hang one from. I haven't really had the extra $500+ to buy one. This one was pretty gross. Around here things get covered with pollen and then it sprouts a green algae that smells a lot like sea weed. This had an added layer of lichen and moss.
After chores today, I had Eric dig out the pressure washer and got to town. I figured I would have to at least replace the cushion this year and possibly the canopy too. The frame was in great shape, so I figured I would be ahead of the game no matter what.
Amazingly, the fabric cleaned up really well. It has been outside since about 2007, so there is going to be some wear, and the pressure washer wasn't kind to some of the stitching or some spots of fabric. At this point, I can make the set up work for the summer (slip cover if necessary) and Eric is going to check with the guy that does the upholstery work for the boat yard. He seems to think the guy can make replacements for it. Nice!
Not much sewing done lately, but hopefully I can get back to it now that I have a few things caught up, including getting some planting done in the garden.
I hope you all had a good weekend!
Hugs, C

You should check the sale at Hancocks next time you come to town!! The sunbrella stuff was 50% off last time I was there!

toggpine
May 9th, 2016, 01:22 PM
I might take a look in there then.
I had been avoiding going in there as I really don't need anymore fabric, but that doesn't always seem to matter!