PDA

View Full Version : 31 fingers and toes

Hulamoon
May 9th, 2016, 01:45 AM
I found this story so interesting until I got upset.
Meet Hong Hong, Chinese Boy Born With 31 Fingers And Toes (http://www.ndtv.com/offbeat/chinese-boy-born-with-31-fingers-and-toes-1403582)

They stopped crowd funding because people were putting them down for it. I would of donated. Some people I tell ya.

stationarymom
May 9th, 2016, 02:20 AM
If the story is true I feel for this poor boy.Can you imagine having to go through life like that?

Iris Girl
May 9th, 2016, 06:58 AM
polydactylism is a real thing , generally you see it in cats. One of the ladies that work in the office where hubby works rescued 2 stray kittens. They both have 6 toes on 3 out of 4 feet. They are healthy and growing fine she had to bottle feed them because the mother disowned them. But they now have a safe home and a big brother cat to play with.

mischiefkat
May 9th, 2016, 07:59 AM
Feel sorry for this poor little boy. We used to see lots of babies in the clinic who had an extra little finger or toe. Doc used to tie suture material around the base of the digit. That usually took care of it. This little boy will need reconstructive surgery. He'll have lots of issues with other kids, and school when he gets older. Kids are tough though. Last week there was a little girl who won some kind of writing contest. She was born without hands.
My first cat had 6 toes on her front paws. That was some paddle when she spread her paw out. The cats are called Hemingway Cats. If you ever visit Hemingway's place in Key West, there are many, many 6 toed cats. Kathy

grammaterry
May 9th, 2016, 11:46 AM
So many tragedies in genetics. I don't suppose China has the counterpart to our Shriners Childrens Hospital.