PDA

View Full Version : so it continues......

bubba
May 9th, 2016, 01:30 AM
Mel has come down with the dreaded flu that I had. She was never around me, so I'm sure she picked it up at school as it's running rampant there.

MM and I just made a Walgreens run, taking her Vicks (for the bottom of her feet with warm socks!), a thermometer, throat lozenges, mucinex, and popsicles. We took a supply of face masks for her and I made her put one on. I told her mom to move her out of the bedroom she shares with her sister and put her on the couch and keep her home from school. I know how she feels and feel bad for her.

Monique
May 9th, 2016, 08:53 AM
I hope she feels better soon.

MayinJerset
May 9th, 2016, 10:30 AM
Pat, Glad to hear you're back among the living and hope Mel's flu doesn't get as bad as yours did. You got her well stocked to fight it out and the popsicles will help too.

SallyO'Sews
May 9th, 2016, 03:16 PM
Awww.... poor baby. Hope she's better soon!

Patsquilting
May 9th, 2016, 08:18 PM
Flu - this time of year? Yes, my grandson, got it first, then his dad and his 2 sisters. Fortunately, my daughter never got it. So much for flu shots. Hope Mel gets to feeling better soon.

Grandma G
May 9th, 2016, 08:43 PM
For me, I'd rather get it than watch my kids or grands get it. Hope she gets better soon.

bubba
May 9th, 2016, 08:48 PM
Just talked to our daughter. I took a bunch of zinc over there this morning as it always helps MM. Mel has been sleeping most the day with the dog, a little pug, right at her side.

mpattylou
May 11th, 2016, 10:43 PM
5 year old grandson had it 2 weeks ago. He started tamiflu next day and had to stay home from school 5 days. His mom ended up with it 3 days later. She got tamiflu right away and said that stuff really works. Two year old grand daughter and son in law didn't get it.

bubba
May 12th, 2016, 01:13 AM
She is feeling much better today. Well enough to take a shower!! I think her mom is keeping her home thru the week.

alliek
May 12th, 2016, 01:59 AM
Its a bad one that's for sure. Make sure she is well enough to go back, a relapse could be worse. God Bless the little ones.