PDA

View Full Version : Isn't this clever

Hulamoon
May 7th, 2016, 10:43 AM
A Pinterest board popped in my email for toddler toys. I can't wait to make toddler toys!

The link didn't work, but I'm sure I can figure it out.

grammaterry
May 7th, 2016, 11:15 AM
Is that fabric? Then you cut the sticks apart like a puzzle?

Hulamoon
May 7th, 2016, 11:42 AM
It's paper. It would fun to have a family picture. I didn't think of fabric. That could be interesting if you had the right prints. I need to buy an xacto knife!

tsladaritz
May 7th, 2016, 11:46 AM
I taught preschool and we used sticks for a lot of things.

I wrote each letter of their name on a stick for them to learn how to spell their name, to copy in writing or different type of glue projects.
I also wrote our letter of the week in Capitol and lower case so they could match those up.
So many things you can do with these!

mischiefkat
May 7th, 2016, 11:51 AM
These are really cute. Think I'll use this idea for catechism class next year. Lots of possibilities here. Thanks Hulamoon. Kathy

Hulamoon
May 7th, 2016, 12:20 PM
I taught preschool and we used sticks for a lot of things.

I wrote each letter of their name on a stick for them to learn how to spell their name, to copy in writing or different type of glue projects.
I also wrote our letter of the week in Capitol and lower case so they could match those up.
So many things you can do with these!

Good ideas.

Iv'e been looking a lot online for American made toys. I know my dd's friends and family will probably give all the typical plastic stuff. I found a cute wooden train with letters to spell his name. Now I just have to find the website again. lol

Sandy Navas
May 7th, 2016, 03:51 PM
Lorie - this is the best place for educational toys - and lots of wooden toys!! Official Melissa & DougŪ | Educational and Classic Toys | Puzzles for Kids | Stuffed Animals | Wooden Preschool Toys (http://www.melissaanddoug.com/)

Iris Girl
May 7th, 2016, 04:02 PM
We sell the Melissa & Doug stuff at Michael's. It's a very big seller, nice stuff.

mario1360
May 7th, 2016, 05:23 PM
could be kind of a puzzle too, mix it all up and have them reconstruct, good for the children brain developing.

Hulamoon
May 7th, 2016, 06:15 PM
Lorie - this is the best place for educational toys - and lots of wooden toys!! Official Melissa & DougŪ | Educational and Classic Toys | Puzzles for Kids | Stuffed Animals | Wooden Preschool Toys (http://www.melissaanddoug.com/)

That's a great site! I like the age break down. I could get carried away before he's ready. lol

I just bought this for his first birthday.
http://www.amazon.com/Glockenspiel-Jack-Jill-Music-Instrument/dp/B00JDZNHIK?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

It's made in China, you can't win everytime. lol

Hulamoon
May 7th, 2016, 06:38 PM
could be kind of a puzzle too, mix it all up and have them reconstruct, good for the children brain developing.

It is a puzzle. I forgot to mention that. :)

songbird857
May 8th, 2016, 04:44 PM
Great idea, Lorie! This would be a great toy for quiet time :)