PDA

View Full Version : Hoot of the Night Owl

kimsophia
May 7th, 2016, 02:01 AM
Hoot hoot! Who's up? I am up but I had some coffee after a little nap.

I got a delivery from Fabric.com which I think is the last delivery I ordered for the Village quilt. I still haven't gotten that stinkin' cross stitch linen I ordered, though. Grrr. I don't think they have charged the credit card for it, though.

What's new with yooooooo? @,@

carolynrae
May 7th, 2016, 02:38 AM
I am still up, had a nap today also. Sat down to relax a minute and fell off the sleep, my maddening day yesterday wore me out. Today was much quieter. Just need a border on my skate board quilt and then we are ready to be quilted. Also put together a tumbler quilt, looking for a border for that one also. Leaving Monday for Indiana for a week when I get back I want to start on some table runners for the holidays. Wow, the year is almost half over.

It is pouring rain here, we need it but it is coming so hard it is just running off and causing floods. I hope it helps with the drought, I am tired of being told I cannot water outside and having our plants, flowers etc. die. Can't wash our car, spray the patio etc. It has not been fun.

Carolyn

stationarymom
May 7th, 2016, 02:51 AM
It's quiet here as usual everyone else has been in bed for housr.My DH and I were supposed to go out to dinner tonight ,but when he got home he sat and then we both napped on the couch for an hour or so.We ended up having pizza for dinner.I threw a kink in my DS's plan for Mother's Day this year.He has been buying me Missouri gc for every occasion that comes up for the last few years. This year I told him not to because I'm running out of space for more new fabric he was not happy with me.He says now he doesn't know what to get.He is almost 30 I'm sure he could figure it out.

Neller
May 7th, 2016, 04:07 AM
Hello fellow night owls! I had a much better day today: got up and showered and dressed, then the doorbell rang. My two sons sent me a beautiful bouquet of flowers and the fed-ex guy also delivered the Accu-Quilt! I think that will help me with cutting accuracy, now to get quarter inch seam more accurate and consistent.

My Square in a Square quilt is at the longarm shop so I started on the Plus Sign quilt. It's all batiks and it's really pretty.I'm trying to keep track of the seam pressing so all the corners match up.

Both of our sons live in other cities, and my mom is deceased, so Mother's Day will be quiet here. My birthday is next week and I just want to skip it this year. My brother's birthday is 3 days after mine and he died last year so I just don't care about about celebrating. The anniversary of his death is in a month, and if I had my way, I'd fast forward straight into July. The one bright spot is that our grandaughter's first birthday is May 24. She does bring a smile to my heart. She's so adorable!

I hope you all have a very Happy Mother's day!