PDA

View Full Version : Oh the Humor of a Three Year Old

mommadeb
May 6th, 2016, 03:23 PM
We had our 3yo granddaughter overnight Wednesday night. She's quite a corker anyway with a dry, but great sense of humor. Anyway, I needed to do some sewing and her and I had already been 'crocheting' earlier. I asked her if she wanted to sew a little blanket for her baby doll and she said yes. So off we went to Amma's room. She was gluing fabric scraps together with a glue stick and such while I got things ready. I needed to change bobbins and I let her help me with all that. She wanted to see the empty one, so I gave it to her (she was sitting on my sewing table next to me). I went about my business of sewing. I happened to look at her and she was trying to put glue on my empty bobbin. The crisis was averted and no bobbins were harmed in the blanket sewing.

Then it was getting to be about lunchtime. Now just a little info. I had taught her to say Kon'nichiwa (hello in Japanese) quite a while back. No reason. It just popped into my head.

Ok. Anyway, she was still in her pajamas. We were in our bedroom and she was standing on the bed. I told her that if she got dressed, she could ride her new tricycle and we would walk and go buy a hotdog for lunch. She was OVER THE MOON excited to do that. She then decided that she wanted to jump on the bed instead of getting dressed. (Yes, monkey jumping on the bed, but noone fell off and bumped their head). I repeated what we were going to do and yes, she wanted to do that. No luck. So, I then told her that if she did not get dressed that I was going to drive to the store, buy food and come home and cook lunch and she could not ride her bike. She stopped jumping on the bed, walked to the end of it and looked at me with those beautiful blue eyes and said:

Kon'nichiwa (with her hands properly together, like praying)

I'm pretty sure my a*s was handed to me by a 3yo...

(She is wearing a basket I crocheted for a hat)

Altairss
May 6th, 2016, 04:45 PM
Awhh kids they win so many of these little battles by using what we taught them against us. :) My mom had a rule that if she laughed at something we did she would not punish us so we made it our lot in life to make her laugh. My mom liked to say we were all perpetual smarty pants.

alliek
May 6th, 2016, 04:47 PM
LOVE IT! There is nothing better than a beautiful,smart 3 year old granddaughter. :icon_hihi::icon_rofl:

mommadeb
May 6th, 2016, 05:38 PM
PS: She DID win.

Navy Wife
May 6th, 2016, 11:54 PM
alliek, the only thing better than a 3 year old granddaughter is two 3 year old great granddaughters. I laugh till it hurts when those 2 get together. They are cousins and live in different cities. One is a prissy little lady and the other a tomboy.

jjkaiser
May 7th, 2016, 01:21 AM
Oh yes, love your story, that is such a delightful age! And isn't it funny how we try to negotiate with them, i.e. if you get dressed you can ride your bike, etc! Because truly they would dawdle forever if they could get away with it!

mommadeb
May 7th, 2016, 05:47 PM
I think it is a great age for sure.