PDA

View Full Version : Well Friday has arrived

Monique
May 6th, 2016, 07:58 AM
Good morning everyone. It is going to be an absolutely beautiful day today with warmer temperatures. I went and picked up my TV yesterday. What a difference. So again, no sewing. Hopefully after today, I will have some inspiration. The big quilt show in Ottawa is today. Who knows what treasures I will find. And if the timing is right, I get to meet up with Peggie. I will try and get a picture.

Tomorrow is an annual 'golf tournament' (if you can call it that) at our friend's place. It is basically hitting a golf ball across what used to be a horse paddy, beverages at the end and then make your way back. A BBQ to end the day and more beverages, and then more beverages. Did I say there would be beverages? LOL!!

So that is what my weekend is shaping up to be.

Prayers going out to those who need, especially to those in Alberta still struggling with fires. I am adding a link to the Canadian Red Cross if anyone is interested in donating.

Donate to the Canadian Red Cross - Canadian Red Cross (http://www.redcross.ca/donate#selected-appeal-a0650cb6-ce29-4c40-b663-e749a0a9163f)

Have an absolutely wonderful weekend folks.

peggiep
May 6th, 2016, 08:05 AM
Happy Fri-YAY.....Monique - still looking forward to getting together today at the Quilt Show.. but first I have to go to Grandparents Day celebrations at the school our 3 granddaughters attend, then get back home to walk the dog and off to Ottawa to the Quilt Show.

Another day without any stitching done....as yesterday was spent finding an outfit for our niece's wedding in Scotland! Booking this trip has been a challenge . .. everything in Great Britain seems to be sooo expensive.

Have a Happy Friday everyone.

dwil23
May 6th, 2016, 08:11 AM
Good Morning, all!

Have fun at that quilt show today, Monique and Peggie!

It is an absolutely gorgeous day here. Cool and a little breezy - beautiful sunrise! The local news is showing that two local homeowners found alligators in their swimming pools on Wednesday. One is just a couple of blocks from from son and DIL and about a mile from my sister. YIKES - he measured 9 feet!. As youngest DS was getting ready to go to work yesterday it came on the news that the Publix (supermarket) store that he works at had been robbed the night before. Thankfully no one was hurt, though badly shaken up. He was not there.

Two doctors appts today, and will treat myself with a stop at a quilt shop and Joann's for a couple of things I need. Back to work tonight.

Hope everyone has a Blessed Day - prayers for all in need.

Bubby
May 6th, 2016, 08:11 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Monique, we watched coverage on the Ft McMurray fire last night and it's totally devastating. I don't know why firefighters from other locations aren't helping out. I feel so bad for the victims.

I love the tutorial Jenny did today. I just happen to have a layer cake of the Bee fabric and also yardage for borders. It looks like this one is meant to bee!

Jeff has a 3-day weekend coming up. We need to work in our yard cleaning up oak pollen. I need to wash windows and patio furniture. Our weather is lovely right now, but our furnace is running this morning.

Dottie got babied yesterday after having her dental exam. She decided she was too weak to jump up into her chair, so she got lifted up a couple times. She could make a career of this if I'm not careful.

I had lunch with a GF yesterday. She's a busy realtor and we have to grab an hour here and there when she's free. I brought enough food home from my lunch for another lunch for me. There was a wonderful creamy Italian tortellini soup with kale and other veggies.

I need to do some housework today and also make a flying trip to WalMart. We work at the apartments tomorrow.

Wishing everyone a blessed Friday....

Ginny B
May 6th, 2016, 08:21 AM
Good morning and Happy Friday. I woke up feeling better. I have been dealing with ear issues again but things seem to be clearing up again. This happened a few weeks ago and then it got better only to come back this week.

Got to spend time in my sewing room last night. DH joined me and helped cut out parts for potholders I am making for the craft fair. This weekend will be spent in Brooklyn packing up some more closets so probably not much sewing happening then. I've got lots to get done before the craft fair on the 20th.

Prayers going out to all those in need of them with {{{{hugs}}}} too. Prayers also going out to all those in Alberta dealing with the fires.

Have a good Friday everyone.

Carol336
May 6th, 2016, 08:47 AM
Happy Friday everyone. Prayers for the people and firefighters in Alberta Canada.
Have a wonderful meet and greet Monique and Peggy.....wish I could join you, but it's just a tad far to drive - LOL.

Off to WW this morning and it aint gonna be pretty - haven't been to far off the diet this week, but I can tell by the way my rings fit that the scale is gonna show a gain - I'm 18 lbs from goal (down 45) and it seems like it's never gonna happen. Oh well, I'm gonna keep on keeping on.

Hope to get some time in the sewing room today ... I have several shoe bags all ready to FMQ - my favorite part.

Prayers and {{{HUGS}}} to all that need them.

Have a great day all!!!

MayinJerset
May 6th, 2016, 09:04 AM
Good Morning. Everyone seems to have plans in place for the weekend. We're having Mother's Day dinner at DGD Catherine and her DH's new house. Catherine's parents (DS#2 and DIL) and her DH's Mom will also be there. Added bonus is that DH and I will see the new house as it has been completely remodeled before they moved in.

Another one of those half cloudy raining and half sunny days. We're in the cloudy raining part right now and it makes we want to snuggle on the couch with a quilt and watch old movies on TV. Never fails when I'm nice and comfortable the sun pops up and says, "Get up and get some work done".

Grandma Nan
May 6th, 2016, 09:08 AM
I am procrastinating. I wanted to get up by 7 this morning. When hubs woke me, I begged off for another half hour. I did get up at 7:30. I have to paint the fence this morning and am so not looking forward to it. I was going to do it yesterday but decided the lawn needed to be cut before I did the fence. Today, there are no excuses- sun is shining, it is warmer, and the grass is already cut so I just need to get that painting done.

We are having a National Census going on here and I got a part time job for a couple of months starting in June working on the Census for Stats Canada so I have to get these odd jobs done. I am looking forward to this as a short term project. I enjoy my retirement too much to get a regular job but I think this will be fun.

So all that to say, no sewing for me today and I did none yesterday. Actually with my travelling earlier this week to visit my daughter I just realized that I have not sewn all week. No wonder I am feeling out of sorts mentally. Maybe I could do a Huck Finn/Tom Sawyer and trick someone else into white washing the fence?? Unfortunately, not that many people walk by and I don't think I could make them think that this was an enjoyable job.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Nan

Cathy F
May 6th, 2016, 09:53 AM
Morning all,
Monique and Peggy hope you have a great time together! So much fun when you can meet a forum member.

I read about the fires in Canada and the devastation, so sad.

We have more rain today, it's been raining for a few days now and predicted to last to Mother's Day. I hope it's cleared for Sunday as my sister and her 2 1/2 year old granddaughter are coming for the day. We have a wonderful ecology site with all kinds of animals near us and it would be fun to take her there.

I've been in my sewing room that past two days making tissue pack covers I need to do 40 of them that will go into a pick me up bag for caregivers along with some other thank yous that my Pilot Club will be giving out. They go very quickly so it's been fun doing them in nice bright colors.

Signed up for 3 classes this month at the quilt shop and looking forward to them. There is a 4th one I'd like to do but I think will push me over the edge getting all the prep work done so I hope they offer that one again.

Have to start my last Chrstmas quilt for my oldest granddaughter. Have all the fabrics for it now and I think it will really be to her liking.

Off to make some yellow chocolate covered oreos so I can turn them into
Minions, (my great niece's favorite movie characters) for her 6th Birthday party. Hope they're recognizable by her when I'm done! They think I can make everything which is a compliment but sure puts the pressure on to produce something that looks like what they want. I hate to disappoint them. Off for some coffee to get the creativity flowing!

WendyI
May 6th, 2016, 09:54 AM
Morning all...and yes Happy Friday! This has been a hectic week for me! I've been so worried about all the folks in Alberta. Trying to think what I can do and I may consider a quilt drive to donate to the folks who have lost everything....and as far as we know as of today that's at least 1600 homes! Barb, firefighters from all over the country have headed out to help...100 from Quebec and I believe another 100 from the maritime provinces and more from Ontario and the other provinces, and more pouring in every day. A group of Mexican firefighters showed up as well! So lots of people offering support.

Carole, congrats on the 45 lbs!! AMAZING!! Do yourself a favour the next time you go to the grocery store. Before you do anything go to the flour isle and load in 9, 5 lb bags of flour to your cart. You will be astonished at how much that is and THAT IS amazing! So don't be too down on yourself if you've gained a wee bit.

Today I prep my house for my new washer and dryer that are being delivered tomorrow. Can't wait! uhg. Have to completely dismantle the laundry closet and ready the old washer and dryer to be removed...then I have to make room in my garage for them. Then Monday the service guy comes to hook the new ones up! Which sucks because I need to do laundry! lol Gonna have a lot of catching up to do. I am going to try and get in my sewing room on Sunday! Wish me luck!

Sending love and hugs to those who need them!! xox

mischiefkat
May 6th, 2016, 12:11 PM
Good Morning all,
I am late today. Went to church this morning First Friday. Then I some errands went to the bank got DD a crisp new bill for her BD. Have the boys after school today. Not much else going on. Did watch the videos from the fire. It is incomprehensible the amount of damage down. Just terrible for those folks who have lost everything. Hugs and prayers to all. Kathy

ceiliam
May 6th, 2016, 12:41 PM
Morning all. Carol 45 lbs fantastic..a weight gain, well I think you are winning you are still trying. Fnished my class at university so sad. I have loved the class. Finally starting my spendid sampler...I'm just a little behind..lol.
I sat down and made a list of things I need to finish this month so maybe...they will get done. Hope all have a great day. Cecelia

JCY
May 6th, 2016, 03:19 PM
Beautiful sunny day here. Yest. we had our first 90 deg. temp. of the season. Had to turn on the fan for the first time. Also needed to use the A/C in the car. This a.m. our usual guy came to do our sprinkler system start-up. Years ago, DH could do it, but no more. He's just too week to do much. Yest. I checked all the sprinkler heads, dug out grass, etc. to make sure they all were visible & free of dirt. We needed 1 head replaced, & several needed to be adjusted. So we're good to go now! The fertilizer I spread 10 d. ago just before we got that last rain & snow has greened up the lawn nicely. Now if all those dandelions would just go away! Wish I could wave a magic wand & they'd be gone.

I hope to get some quilting done today. I want to finish up this COC quilt.

They're predicting rain & cooler weather for Mother's Day. All our kids live in other states, so there will be no get-togethers. I hope everyone has a good Mother's Day Week-End & Day.