PDA

View Full Version : Been under the weather

Dollyquilts
May 5th, 2016, 05:07 PM
I went to the ER Tuesday night and wasn't sprung until Saturday afternoon. I had a gastric bleed. When they did the colonoscopy/endoscopy on me, they found two large ulcers in my stomach with a huge vein running through them. The doctor cauterized that. I had some polyps in the lower intestine, but the doc said they didn't look like anything bad. They biopsied those but I haven't heard anything. I ended up getting two units of blood before I was released. I'm slowly getting my strength back.

I just want to caution you on this forum about the use of NSAIDs. Be sure to protect your stomach before taking them, take the recommended dosages and use them judiciously. Now that I can't take them at all, I can't tell that they were helping anyway.

I go back to the doctor on the 17th and I'm praying that I don't have to have another colonoscopy/endosopy. The prep for that is no picnic.

MayinJerset
May 5th, 2016, 05:54 PM
You've really have been under the weather, glad that you have gotten help and are on the mend. Sending some prayers for healing your way.

SewnByBee
May 5th, 2016, 06:00 PM
Oh my..... hope you feel better soon.

Thanks for the heads up.

Your right, prep is the worst. Just don't take that pill. I k ow someone who's kidneys **** down, and have to do dialysis now. There is a new way, drink a bottle, instead of a gallon. I think.

Hope the biopsies turn out fine.

Take care and feel better.....(((( BIG HUGGS ))))).

Patsquilting
May 5th, 2016, 06:01 PM
Oh, man! I truly hope you are feeling better. No, the prep for the test is no fun. Rest and don't over-do it.

Dollyquilts
May 5th, 2016, 07:34 PM
I had to drink the gallon of loveliness. A bottle sounds much better. You can chug a bottle easier than a gallon.
Thanks for the prayers.

mischiefkat
May 5th, 2016, 08:55 PM
Sorry for your misery,and now the wait for the results. Hugs & prayers for you. Kathy

rebeccas-sewing
May 5th, 2016, 09:06 PM
My goodness! Hoping for a good result on your testing.

cv quilter
May 5th, 2016, 09:23 PM
Oh, DQ. SO sorry for your trouble! Have been facing some GI bleed issues of my own. I don't take much in the way of NSAIDS, but there are other triggers I face, and am now just trying to get some answers from a GI doctor! I sure hope you can get some answers for your problems and a quick resolution. I pray that your testing will find a course of action and answer for the difficulty you are having.

Simply Quilting
May 5th, 2016, 09:24 PM
Hope you are fully on the mend and the test results are fine.

alliek
May 5th, 2016, 09:30 PM
I hope and pray you are on your way to good health after what you went through. Yes, thank you for the warning on NSAIDS. It hit home to me as I take them for my back and knees. I will definitely stop now. God Bless.

JCY
May 5th, 2016, 09:54 PM
In addition to Ibuprofen & NSAIDS, some of the arthritis meds. can cause bleeding ulcers. That happened to my MIL. One of my friends at church recently was in the hosp. & had to have 2 units of blood. It was related to her meds. (not sure which ones). Ibuprofen & NSAIDS also can cause some serious acid reflux problems. I know this from experience. I am thankful for a dr. who recognized the problem & also gave me a good hand-out on dietary measures & foods/beverages to avoid.

KarenC
May 5th, 2016, 11:06 PM
Oh my. So sorry you are going through this. Praying for s speedy recovery and good test results.

Monique
May 6th, 2016, 07:46 AM
Thinking of you and hoping that all tests come back negative. And yes, prep is the worst.

easyquilts
May 6th, 2016, 08:50 AM
I hope you're feeling lots better! You've had quite a bad time.... Take care...

WendyI
May 6th, 2016, 09:57 AM
this does not sound like a fun time in the least! I hope you're back on your feet soon and that no news, is good news on the biopsies. xox

Bubby
May 6th, 2016, 10:20 AM
I'm praying you get a good report on your biopsies and that you regain your strength soon. (((HUGS))).

judimccl
May 6th, 2016, 05:08 PM
Saying prayers for you to get better, and for no more colonoscopy! :icon_wave:

Cathy F
May 6th, 2016, 05:15 PM
Hope you are feeling better soon and you get a good report on your testing!