PDA

View Full Version : Thursday GOOD morning

Monique
May 5th, 2016, 08:28 AM
Hello there. I am sitting here trying to remember what I did yesterday. Not much of anything I guess, usual stuff and putting laundry away. UGH!

This morning I am on a mission to buy a tv for my bedroom. Just checking what is out there and what the best choices are.

Have a great day everyone. And SMILE!!

mischiefkat
May 5th, 2016, 08:46 AM
Good Morning All,
Don't know what I'm going to do today. Maybe sew. Got several baby quilts tops that need sandwiching etc etc. Today or tomorrow will buy DD a birthday gift. She will be the big 50 on Monday. SIL is having a surprise party for her at the Irish Pub, Don't know which is more sobering that she's 50 or dad and I are 70. Time sure does fly doesn't it.
Saw film footage of the Canadian fires, prayers for those who evacuated. Going to g refill my cup. Two cupper start this am. Have a good day all. Hugs & prayers to those who need them. Kathy

Bubby
May 5th, 2016, 08:53 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Dottie came through her dental procedure yesterday just fine, although she's still a little wobbly from the anesthesia. She has the sweetest breath and didn't need any teeth pulled. Olive enjoyed being the only furbaby yesterday. She's the easiest little dog to live with and sweet to the bone.

Monique, I hope you can find what you are looking for in a TV. I'm glad we have one in our room. It was a godsend when Jeff had his hip replaced.

Kathy, I know how you feel. My DD will turn 51 in August. How is this possible....weren't they toddlers just a year or so ago?

I'm thinking of starting a Dandy Stars quilt today for a future great-grand. Last year I made a scottie dog quilt and pillow and tucked them away. There's a lot of snowballing to the Dandy Stars quilt. After that maybe a Prairie Flowers quilt. I bought some cute bee material for one. Have you noticed how popular bees are right now? I have a bee quilt with Reggie right now.

Wishing everyone a bee-utiful day!

MayinJerset
May 5th, 2016, 09:28 AM
Brrr...It is cold out today, has been the past few days. I finally put the last of my Winter stuff away and think I may have to pull out a few sweat shirts and sweaters. Damp too, just lovely for my arthritis. PT at noon and that should pull the achy parts a bit.

Barb, Good idea to have a baby quilt for a future great grand child. My 6th one is expected in June and i'd like to have a quilt ready to send off to CA but won't know the sex until it's born. After 5 great grandboys I'm hoping that this time I can make one with pinks.

MRoy
May 5th, 2016, 09:40 AM
Good morning! We're having dogwood winter here, it's downright chilly! I've been doing some spring cleaning this week, washing windows and curtains. DH asked me to attend a BQA (Beef Quality Assurance) certification class with him on Monday. I'm now certified to give shots to cattle (ain't gonna happen!) LOL!

Guild sit-n-sew was rescheduled from Monday to this afternoon, so that's my plan for this afternoon. I'm working on blocks for another donation quilt. I'll be teaching a class on the block at our guild meeting later this month...then I'll put everyone's blocks together. Have a great day!

JCY
May 5th, 2016, 11:17 AM
A partly cloudy morning here in Colorado. It's supposed to be in the 80's today. Yest. we had 85. Cooler & chance of rain for Mother's Day.

I'm not quite finished with the quilting on the COC quilt I've been working on. Still have to add the binding. I think today will be set aside for some much needed weeding in my flower beds. I also have the laundry going. Changed the bed & will air the pillows outside on the line as soon as it warms up enough. I remember when I visited Holland when my son got married back in 1990, every Mon. a.m. the Dutch people would drape their bedding on the window sills (many 2-3 storied housing units & row houses) or on an outside clothes line to air. I really enjoyed my visit to the Netherlands. A beautiful country. My DIL is from Spakenburg, about an hr. from Amsterdam.

Time for my breakfast. Have a good Thursday.

I have therapy on my L. shoulder this afternoon. One more appt. after today. I'm sure my home exercise routine will continue for a long time to keep that shoulder limber.

WendyI
May 5th, 2016, 11:33 AM
Morning all. Been sitting at work this morning watching the updates on the wildfires in Fort McMurray and feeling so sick. I hate that I am so far away and can't do a single thing to help those poor people!! Entire communities have been wiped out in the city. The worst thing I read was that many people were at work on on vacation with others caring for their pets who are now trapped in their houses with no way to escape and no one rescuing them! The fire is spreading so fast and authorities will not let people through to get to their pets! I think this is so horrifying and heartbreaking. I would force them to let me through or die trying! My pets are like my children! I can't even imagine it. :icon_sniff:

I have lots to do but can't seem to stop worrying about those poor folks and their pets.

SewnByBee
May 5th, 2016, 12:27 PM
Good Morning,

Well, Dr. says baby Reese can be coming any day now, today is her weekly visit, we'll see if anything has changed. So far she has been doing a lot better, blood pressure is staying down, thankfully !!! She's still swelling, but that's normal. She has been taking it a bit easier. Getting through her classes, took off a lot of stress. Saturday, she will be a"GRADUATE" 🎓
....four years done.

We are so proud of Kelci, for all the hard work and determination she has put into getting her a degree.

Bless her, 2016, has been quite a year. April 14, she turned 23, Got married, graduating, and going to be a Momma to-boot.......She will walk Saturday, if Reese doesn't decide to come first....?????..🐣...lol....☺..... kinda funny, when you think about it. ......😏.....It's All Good.

Here is a resent pic of Kelci Bugg.

Zacks suit made this precious arrangement, for her door at the hospital, and she also made a wreath for their front door. So sweet of her, his family has been so sweet to my girl. Warms my heart.

. .................130054

I'll be spending a little time with her today.......☺......Have a grate day. Blessings to you all.

Dollyquilts
May 5th, 2016, 12:50 PM
Exciting time for Kelci and your family. Grandbabies are the greatest. I know you're proud of your girl. I hope she holds out long enough to walk.

judimccl
May 5th, 2016, 05:11 PM
Beautiful pictures. Quite the year for her, and for you. :icon_wave:

Patsquilting
May 5th, 2016, 06:09 PM
So many great and grandbabies due this year. I have a grandbaby due in Sept. So exciting. Congrats to all.

Another cloudy, dreary day - now raining. More packing - all quilting/sewing stuff is now in hiding. So no sewing for me for a few weeks. Getting hard to walk through house with so many boxes. May be closing a week early - so that will help. Excited for the move and starting anew.

Have a great evening

Bubby
May 5th, 2016, 06:25 PM
It's really a banner year for Kelci. I hope she is able to walk with her class, but if Reese comes she will be over the moon and won't mind not walking!

Tracy14
May 5th, 2016, 09:29 PM
Friday here in Australia in the mid morning. A sunny day but had enough of the wind. A rainy weekend predicted for us. House work here too but I plan to go the shops later before I do the arvo school pick-up then its the weekend. Been working on a quilt for my daughter with rabbits on it. Debating weather to go to spotlight to get some more fabric for the binding. :)