PDA

View Full Version : Beat down Night Owl @,@

kimsophia
May 5th, 2016, 01:42 AM
Oh boy, I just watched Cleveland beat down the Atlanta Hawks...Cleveland set a record for most made three-point shots in an NBA game (25).

My orders are coming in for my applique project. I'm still working on the counted cross stitch but I'm less confident that the free computer program I used to convert a photo to cross stitch is going to work. It sure looks like a bunch of unrelated blobs of color so far.

What's up in your tree?

bubba
May 5th, 2016, 02:10 AM
I managed to make it out of the house on my own today. I've decided that what I had was not a cold, but the flu and MM agrees with me. It chewed me up and spit me out and I'm still getting over it. I seem to tire out easily, so I am being very bumlike.

My incentive for getting out of the house was to go to a nearby business (only two miles from my house!!) that I found out about last night. They sell leather.......oh. my. goodness. I died and went to heaven. I'm sure they have 300x or more than what Tandy carries at their store!!

Afterwards, I went to Hancocks since it was just down the street. They now have a rule in effect that you can't buy less than two yard cuts. Their prices are back down to normal....40% off, which is what they normally were when I would shop there. I got there pretty cottons for bags and a piece of something else that I've never seen anything like before, but I thought it'd make an interesting bag as well.

By the time I was done there, I was done! Came home and took a three hour nap! Hope I sleep tonight!

stationarymom
May 5th, 2016, 02:41 AM
Kim I'm glad you have orders coming in and hope the comp program you used does work for you.Pat I hope you feel better soon,I know some people that got the flu and it took a month to feel near normal.It's quiet in my tree like usual,my DF called today to tell me about a grandson that lives in his house and is causing a lot of trouble.The grandson is 16 and they have called the police several times because he bullies his mother.I try to give advice but my sister won't follow through with anything hence the problem.

Carol336
May 5th, 2016, 05:49 AM
4am and here I am....eyes wide open.

Kim, I'm anxious to see your photo to cross stitch project - sounds really cool....

Pat- hope you're finally over that dreaded flu - my friend has been sick off and on for about 2 months now - she just can't seem to shake it.
Picked up LuLu from her tune up yesterday - can't wait to check her out. She started having a lot of thread breaking issues, which she had never had in the 2 years she's been with me. It started in the middle of a rather larger that usual (for me) FMQ project where I had used spray baste. I think I may have sprayed a little too close to the fabric and also a little too heaavy. I had a lot of trouble with my needle gunking up, and then the thread breaking....it liked to drove me nuts!!! I was making about15 of my shoe bags which are fat quarter sized. So even though each one was small, all together it was about 4 yards of FMQ. Do any of you have any tips on using the spray baste.

kimsophia
May 5th, 2016, 06:03 AM
Concerning the spray basting, I looked at some old threads in the forum and a couple people said to avoid the Sullivan's brand. Also to spray the fabric, not the batting, and also to spray lightly. Several people liked the 505 brand. I've used the June Tailor brand with success. Sewing is like to drive me nuts all the time...lolol

Carol336
May 5th, 2016, 06:56 AM
Concerning the spray basting, I looked at some old threads in the forum and a couple people said to avoid the Sullivan's brand. Also to spray the fabric, not the batting, and also to spray lightly. Several people liked the 505 brand. I've used the June Tailor brand with success. Sewing is like to drive me nuts all the time...lolol

Thanks Kim.......good tips....I've been spraying the batting.

bubba
May 5th, 2016, 08:01 PM
TWO MONTHS!?! It's two weeks today and while I am feeling much better and not coughing nearly as much, I'm just so tired. It is almost like when I had mono when I was 18 years old. All I want to do is sleep, which I'm sure is good for me, but it makes me feel so useless.

rebeccas-sewing
May 5th, 2016, 08:46 PM
Pat, Don't feel useless. Cut yourself some slack. Your body is telling you to rest.