PDA

View Full Version : Thursday, DEC 1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blondie
December 1st, 2011, 07:38 AM

Morning, Folksies! It is officially time for me to start panicking. Christmas in 24 days. How does this happen? Oh well, it's gonna be here whether or not I am ready, so I think I will just enjoy everything about Christmas - the lights, the tree, the music and of course, the precious meaning of it all. I heard on the news yesterday that many retailers are beginning to say Christmas tree and etc instead of Holiday Tree. I have always thought that saying Happy Holidays was great, considering the root of the word holiday is Holy Day.

Hubs just got off to work, I need to get ready myself - think it's time to break out the Christmas Earrings.
Smile everyone! It's almost Friday!

MRoy
December 1st, 2011, 08:33 AM
Good Morning! I'm almost ready for Christmas as far as gifting goes. Just a few more small items needed. Since my grandkids moved to New York, I have to shop early for them to send packages in time for Christmas. Decorating the house will be this weekend's project.
Sending prayers for all who need them and wishes for a great day to all.

mianmom
December 1st, 2011, 08:58 AM
Busy end of the week for me. Our churchs bazzar and quilt show is this weekend! So today I go help put together the greenery and then I need to go grab a couple of chickens to make chicken salad. Then tomorrow I have to help get thing moved to the church and then be to the church by 11 to start recieving quilts and getting them set up and then help with what ever else needs help, and I need to find time to pick up DD prescription. And then finally saturday will be the bazzar. I finished up my cathederal window ornaments last night,just have to put the tags on them!

Hope everyone has a great end of the week and weekend!

Lisaau
December 1st, 2011, 08:59 AM
Here in Australia we say "Merry Christmas"

CherylR
December 1st, 2011, 09:47 AM
I feel the rush. I have a Christmas Brunch for Newcomers of Monterrey on Tuesday and the Quilt guild's Christmas party is Thirsday morning. Rush back to the apartment and pick up luggage. Hit the airport to head home for the rest of the month. Up the next morning and get to DS girlfriend's college graduation. I think I get extra points for coming from Mexico for that that. Clean and Decorate the house and get the baking done. This year everyone will be home for about a week.

Man, after rereading that I am already tired. Maybe I need to go back to bed. But my walking partner will be here soon.

cyndiofthevortex
December 1st, 2011, 10:04 AM
Hi everyone,

I am so excited about Christmas this year, and much of it has to do with this forum! I've been so inspired here with all the beautiful homemade Christmas presents, new ones showing up every day, that I have been a sewing fool for the past two weeks. I just finished a lovely (if I do say so myself) wallhanging last night,sleeve, label and all, for DS and his wife, have three tablerunners to quilt, two more wallhangings and another tablerunner in the works! And I hope they will all be done (quilted, at least) by Sunday night. We get the tree on Saturday and decorate it on Sunday and then, Let It Snow, as we say here in NH!

Cyndi

Mrs.Sew&Sew
December 1st, 2011, 10:05 AM
Morin all! Great to be up! It was quite cold here in normally sunny Florida 32 degrees last night for quite a while! Still trying to go through my Christmas decor and decide HOW to arrange things! Merry CHRISTmas!

Beakkmom
December 1st, 2011, 10:10 AM
December 1 already! I broke out the Christmas shirt, socks, and earrings to wear today ~ went to chuch last night and have regained the peace that passes all understanding. Blondie, again I am enjoying the morning as I have my coffee "with you" and the ladies ~ the forum is such a nice start to my morning :) I'll pop into the office this morning, since I need to work on payroll a bit, then off to meet some quilting sisters!

Blessings to you delightful ladies,

Lin

Sandy Navas
December 1st, 2011, 11:51 AM
Oh, NO! Blondie found those earrings again - remember? The ones with the silver feathery things, baubles, bangles, and the ones that go Fa-la-la-la La-la-la-la, every time she turns her head. Oh, I don't know if I can stand it or not. Doesn't anyone have something a little more sensible to share with her. I'll hear that Fa-la-la-la, La-la-la-la every time I'm here and it just drives me up the wall.

Not being a Bah-Humbug at all, but I'm not ready to get decorations out - too much work on my own and DH, sweet as he can be, is tied up (yes, it comes out - we're into bondage) and would feel obligated to help me and he actually needs to be doing what he's doing and not breaking his stride to help me. We did discuss just last night that we're going to the tree farm and pick out a live tree this year - wish I could get one with a ball of dirt to be replanted, but the last one we did weighed over 300 pounds and it was sure difficult to handle with just the two of us.

Hopefully today, since the little ladies are not going to be here, I can at least get one of their portfolio's underway. If I can get one done the others will be easy. I know I dreamed about how to put it together in my sleep. That's when I do my most creative things - and people wonder why I crawl out of bed with my hair messed up!

I'm hanging around upstairs this morning playing the 'magic return of the diaper bag game'. DD and SIL went to the funeral home with us the other night, and Miss Agnes went along - they hung the diaper bag on the back of a chair and conveniently left it when we all departed. Called us in a panic. Al went back and searched and couldn't find it. Turns up late last night - evidently when Al was searching it was hanging on the chair, under someone's coat. Anyway, it is being returned to us this morning and I'm patiently waiting for the delivery!

Sending some very special prayers. It seems the list gets longer and longer - I do ask for healing for those in need. And, for those who feel their hearts filled with woe, I'm sending hugs - hope you can feel them. As my dear cousin Ogretta says "Life is Good."

HandsOffItsMine
December 1st, 2011, 02:31 PM
Well, been tied down with a major Fibro flare-up. Over doing it with playing Tourist Guide with the folks.

Today we're heading to the North Shore again as the waves are expected to reach 8 to 12 feet. Oy! Mexican lunch at Cholo, my (_|_) is getting wider from eating out with them all the time.

Christmas sewing will be reved up on Monday afternoon after we take them to the airport. I'm so behind schedule. :(

Prayers for those who have called upon help, hugs for all, Ruby

KiltedQuilter
December 1st, 2011, 03:24 PM
December already....gee wizz!

Someone around the corner of our street has had Xmas lights up, outside and in, for about a week now. I have no plans as yet to go boggling about in our loft looking for baubles etc. I will wait for one of the menfolk to help me. :D

Very tiring night last night with the baby(teeth perhaps?) I'm a bit like a zombie right now. :icon_sleep:
Snow all gone from the hills(phew!) but bitterly cold here today...brrr time for a hot chocolate I think.

Jleko
December 1st, 2011, 04:34 PM
I have grown children. We took all the stress out of the holidays by giving to charities. There is an orphanage not too far from us, and a lot of needy families close by. We don't have much, my husband and I have been out of work for awhile but even small donations help. It really helps us remember what it's all about and now there is no more buying gifts just because we think we have to. Now our holidays are truly joyful! God Bless!

toggpine
December 1st, 2011, 04:42 PM
Hi Everybody!
Sorry I missed posting yesterday. I tried to read through all of the posts, but I thought my eyes would fallout. Thankfully I am feeling sooo much better today. My snot locker is still full (thanks for the mittens Sandy!) and still have a cough, but I don't feel like I am going to pop my eyes out each time I sneeze or cough.
I hope to get the last few long seams done on the quilt top that I tried to finish earlier this week. Then I can move on to a few other Christmas projects.
Have a good day! I'll catch you all later!
Cathy

rebeccas-sewing
December 1st, 2011, 05:16 PM
Feel better soon, Cathy! I just came home from the annual tree lighting ceremony at Trafalgar Square. For the past 65 years Norway has donated the tree as a thank you for England's support during the war. It was raining but we still managed to enjoy seeing the tree light up, and listen to a choir and band singing and playing Christmas songs. Certainly got me in the Christmas mood. We're home now listening to Bing Crosby and Frank Sinatra singing Christmas tunes. Keep sewing ladies. A little over three weeks to go and our friends and loved ones will be smiling big when they open their packages to find our homemade gifts made for them with our love.

pdjewelrylady
December 1st, 2011, 06:20 PM
Good Grief - i had to put on SOCKS today!! my piggies are freezing!! guess it is time to go cover the plants! ;)

Monique
December 1st, 2011, 07:00 PM
Just popped in to stay hello. Busy day today, not a sewing day, errand day. Tomorrow is grocery day. And hubby finally got called to work for a friend of his. This could be the greatest gift so far.

My snot locker is not up to par. I was told it could take at least a month before I can breathe right. Oh well, just have to be patient.

Bye for now.

toggpine
December 1st, 2011, 07:03 PM
Ha HA! I have the quilt top done! Check that off! On to the next thing. Which one to start.....

Cath

sally
December 1st, 2011, 07:12 PM
Hello all...Today is my mom's 91 st birthday. She still lives independently and keeps very busy. She lives 6 hours from me and I wasn't able to visit her as I had planned a few weekends ago due to snowy/ icy roads however she will be here for Christmas. Other than that not to much new. Got my dear friends address today ( she just moved and lives in Austrailia) so I can sent her lap quilt out. Likely though she won't get it for Christmas but late presents are just as fun!
Have a great day and God Bless!

Nena
December 1st, 2011, 07:47 PM
AAAAaaaahhhhhh--Thursday---finally this day has come. I have worked 4-10 hour shifts in a row and today is the last of them. I am so thrilled to be home and sitting down with my feet up. I am tired. Not planning on doing any sewing--just relaxing. The weather here is cold--no snow thank god. The cold is welcomed with all of my hot flashes.

Loonwatcher
December 1st, 2011, 08:12 PM
Nothing but same ole same ole for me today. Looking forward to the weekend and getting some sewing done. With DH's help we were able to fit my Brother walking foot on my Janome so now I can do some SITD quilting at home. It's a 2 person job getting that thing on and the little screw in place. DH is disappointed because he was going to get me a walking foot for Xmas. I'm glad because now he can get some of the templates on my list. I also need a gift cert to the LQS to pay for the fee and fabrice for the quilt camp I'm going to in February. It's a 2-night lodging and all food included thing and we're doing a mystery quilt. I just paid a deposit but still need to pay the balance and get me fabric; I want to do a king size.

Oh Santa....

have a great day.

PS - Sandy, I''m always thinking up sewing plans while in bed too. Only difference is my thoughts keep me awake.

Sandy Navas
December 1st, 2011, 09:18 PM
Hello all...Today is my mom's 91 st birthday. She still lives independently and keeps very busy. She lives 6 hours from me and I wasn't able to visit her as I had planned a few weekends ago due to snowy/ icy roads however she will be here for Christmas. Other than that not to much new. Got my dear friends address today ( she just moved and lives in Austrailia) so I can sent her lap quilt out. Likely though she won't get it for Christmas but late presents are just as fun!
Have a great day and God Bless!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SHAUNA'S MOMMY!!!!