• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Monique
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2011

Wednesday, oh Wednesday

Good morning. I would appreciate prayers going out to all the people that live in Fort McMurray, Alberta, as raging forest fires ravage the whole town. Here is a link to the story:

Fort McMurray residents flee in the largest fire evacuation in Alberta?s history | Edmonton Journal

I just can not imagine being in this situation.

I spent the better part of the day on the road yesterday. Errands and then spent some time with a friend playing cards in the afternoon and a meeting last night. No sewing was had at all.

I am not sure what today will bring yet.

Sending prayers to all who need them.

4th of may.jpg
    Last edited by Monique; May 4, 2016, 04:50 AM.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!
  • Patsquilting
    The Guild President
    • Dec 2014

Re: Wednesday, oh Wednesday

OH, I can't imagine. Our prayers go out to them.

It's HUMP day. But since don't work anymore, it doesn't have the same meaning.

More packing to be done today - moving is coming closer and I'm am really start to feel it. Sat down last night to do all the $$ figures, especially with moving company, etc HOPING there would be more remaining. NOPE - Taking deep breaths. Reminding myself - "I turned it over to GOD to handle". He has brought me this far - I know he will continue to take me further.

Have a fantastic day all!!

Comment

• Ginny B
      Missouri Star
      • Jan 2012

Good morning Monique and all to follow. Wildfires are so scary. I have been in a situation where we were close to needing to be evacuated when we were in So. California but they were able to keep the fire from coming over the ridge. Will keep those people and the firefighters in my prayers.

I enjoyed my day in the sewing room yesterday but it's back to work today for me after a nice long weekend. Time to get myself moving along. Good luck with your packing Pat. Have a great day everyone.
      Ginny B
      Levittown, NY

Comment

• Carol336
        Missouri Star
        • May 2013

Good morning all. Forest fires are indeed very scary....prayers going out to all in Fort McMurray.

Busy day yesterday - no sewing was had here either. Lulu was in the shop for her yearly tune up and I picked her up yesterday. Can't wait to fire her up and see how she hums!!! She was really acting up after all those spray basted shoe bags (20 of them at one time) I think I used too much spray baste...thread was breaking like crazy and I've never had that problem in the 2 years I've had her. I hope the problem is corrected with the tune up and cleaning. She's a MemoryCraft 6600p...and the tech at the shop said of all the machines he sells this one is by far the best...he's a Janome dealer but sells other brands as well.

Went out dancing last night and my legs are feeling a bit wobbly this morning. Getting old is a real bummer sometimes.

Happy sewing everyone

Comment

• mischiefkat
          Missouri Star
          • Apr 2015

Good Morning all,
          Expecting rain here this am. Usually rain is forecasted and it never comes,but the sky is getting dark. So, hopefully we will get some rain. Shingles still acting up. Rash is dried up and fading,but oh the nerve pain is something else. Need to make a Publix run,for some odds and ends before the sale changes tomorrow.
          My repair guy says the same about my 6600P too. She does a great job.
          Prayers for all who are in harms way with the fire. Such a terrible thing to happen. Hugs and prayers to all who need them. Have a great day Kathy
          All quilts cat tested and approved.
          sigpic

Comment

• mischiefkat
            Missouri Star
            • Apr 2015

Pat,
            Prayers that your move goes smoothly,and everything works out for you. Hugs Kathy
            All quilts cat tested and approved.
            sigpic

Comment

• Lyndaj
              The Guild President
              • Dec 2015

Originally posted by Monique View Post
              Good morning. I would appreciate prayers going out to all the people that live in Fort McMurray, Alberta, as raging forest fires ravage the whole town. Here is a link to the story:

Fort McMurray residents flee in the largest fire evacuation in Alberta?s history | Edmonton Journal

I just can not imagine being in this situation.
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]130001[/ATTACH]
              Monique, It is horrifying what's going on there. Like you, I can't imagine what its like being in that situation. Sending my positive thoughts that rain or helicopters dropping water buckets will come to the folks there soon.

As for me, my 13 year fabric scrap stash is now gone The lady who came and picked it up is not only a quilter, but also a grade 1 teacher. Therefore anything she doesn't want to quilt with can be used for crafts at school. I am very happy that she ended up with my stash.

I spent the rest of yesterday afternoon going through my other stash, my cross stitch stash. I figure if I am going to try to sell this stuff I need to know what I have. I have a number of kits (pattern plus threads, beads, etc) that I bought with the intention of stitching. It will be another day of organizing that stash today. I just find that when the organizing bug takes over, it's best to run with it and get it done. Maybe I can sew at some point this week.

Happy hump day everyone and Happy Star Wars Day.

Comment

• WendyI
                Missouri Star
                • Nov 2012

I have been watching the fires in Fort McMurray and can't believe how violent they are! And they are really worried today is going to the worst day yet. Entire neighbourhoods have been wiped out and they are concerned they could lose the entire city! I am so hoping they get some relief but I don't even think there is any rain in the forecast for a while and it's so hot and dry there now. And for a town that has already been hit hard by the oil glut, this is even more tragic, if that's even possible. My heart is so sad for them all.

Have SO MUCH going on this week I don't know how I will get anything accomplished! I have to organize my garage to make room for my landlords washer and dryer as I purchased new ones that are being delivered on Saturday. Tonight I am supposed to get my hair done at 6....which is nice but I don't have time! I have to dismantle my laundry closet and remove the shelf I put in, cut it in half and re-mount it to make room for my new appliances which I will stack. I still have not organized my sewing room and I really need to do that and get on those baby quilts! My kitchen looks like a bomb went off. I need to buy new sheets and I'm annoyed at how difficult it is to get decent ones at a good price. I wanted to take vacation over the long weekend in July but I can't now because of my parrot sitting arrangement...sigh. So my stomach feels like a huge ball of nerves today. Going to get a cup of tea and then make myself a list of "MUST do's" and "can wait's" and see if that calms me down.

Sending love and hugs to all who need them! xoxox
                Last edited by WendyI; May 4, 2016, 07:18 AM.

Comment

• MayinJerset
                  Missouri Star
                  • May 2012

Hard to think what we would do if we were in the terrible situation the Fort McMurray residents are in. Prayers going for their safety and control of the fires.

It's going to be half rainy half sunny day again, supposed to be like this for the rest of the week. Hope the sun is out for Mother's Day.

Comment

• mario1360
                    The Guild President
                    • Mar 2016

good Wednesday to you all, yes prayers for Northern Alberta. Warming up here in Montreal finally....long cold stretch seems behind us.
                    mischiefkat I am also in a shingles attack for the past 6 weeks, relentless....pain is unbelievable, at least I can work from home on Wednesdays, cannot stand clothes friction...doc say it will eventually go away....but WHEN????????? are you on Lyrica? I take 450mg a day.
                    Sew sew sew.
                    So? So? So?

Comment

• RockinLou
                      Missouri Star
                      • Oct 2014

hello all! I told my amusing story of the start to my day in another thread...

it is POURING rain right now, but about 2 hours ago it was gorgeous out, so I walked down to the store down the street just for some fresh air, and yogurt... and ran in to at least 10 other people I know, we all knew that this was the start of another long stretch of wet!

We didnt get much snow this winter, but gosh the spring has been nothing but cool and wet...

On the brighter side of things, we let our nanny go about 3 weeks ago, and the kids and I are really getting used to our new afternoon routines. Homework is less of a struggle, they are more independent and unplugged, they are allowed to do their own things and our 7 year old this afternoon was perfectly happy to lay around the house reading books (she is a voracious reader!) while I was outside with my son playing baseball and sidewalk chalk. They helped me do some small chores and we cooked a nice dinner... it's so nice to force myself out of work and back to my family, and it is really working out well for them to. A change we were nervous about making for far too long has worked out as a win for us all.

I hope your Wednesdays are as happy as mine has been.

Comment

• Granny Judy
                        Missouri Star
                        • Apr 2011

I'm UP... I'M UP.. OK so I got a late start today. Happens a lot these days. It started happening about the time I retired. *I love it**.

Got invested in a book that I couldn't put down. so now it is running late time. I'll be alright as long as I get to the quilt meeting tonight at 6 p.m.

Also want to spend a little time in the sewing area and get something done on the 2 "out in your face" projects. I'm using the Treadle Machine (1901) on the log cabin quilt.. and It's half on the design board-half on the ironing board with spare pieces on the treadle machine.
                        Then over on the fold out table is the hand quilting Ghastlies quilt. I try to do some work on it each day since it is so large .. gonna take til Halloween to finish it. ( Never going to be ready for the August show this year)

On the cutting table is a bunch of Orphans that was sent to me for my Abuse Center donations. Wow, I can't wait to get my little fingers on them and start making flimsies!! I have a stack of those already... But Christmas time isn't rushing at me right now.

So, Yawn, I am off to grab another cuppa and let the pups out for a potty break. Have to pass thru the kitchen and all those dirty dishes-- Such is the Retired life I live.... One mess after another, including me. Gotta get a bath in before tonight's meeting. Yawn
                        Judy

Click HERE to find me and My imagination
                        :icon_wave:

Comment

• SallyO'Sews
                          Missouri Star
                          • Nov 2012

A friend of mine who now lives in BC grew up in Edmonton; he posted photos of the evacuation this morning. They truly are horrific. Praying for everyone there.

Comment

• Bubby
                            Missouri Star
                            • Jun 2011

Hi Everyone,

An early morning for us. Dottie had to be at the vet first thing to have her teeth cleaned. She was not one bit happy about no treats or water. She tried to get a drink from the toilet but she's too short, thankfully. We can't pick her up until 5 pm so they can watch her after the anesthesia. Olive is enjoying being Top Dog today but I'm sure she misses Dot.

My hear goes out to the fire victims and firefighters. I once had to cancel a flight home from California because the road to the airport was closed due to wild fires. It's a terrifying thing.

I had all afternoon with nothing to do and I've just been goofing off. Finished the second modern quilt top yesterday but won't take it to Reggie for a while because she's overloaded with work right now.

Hopefully everyone is having a good day. Take care....
                            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Working...
                            X