PDA

View Full Version : When you've already overslept....

RockinLou
May 4th, 2016, 07:33 AM
... and so has the rest of the house... it's already a stressful morning.

Add in a 4 year old (5 next month!!) who has taken it upon himself to color his arms from fingertip to elbow with the ONE permanent black marker in the house... while wearing his brand new dress shirt...

... and the day starts out with one of those "this is so bad that it is funny" moments!

So, if you are ever in this situation, Fels Naptha soap works on the arms, but didn't work on the shirt!

And apparently the top of the refrigerator sharpie hiding spot needs to be re-evaluated!

Monique
May 4th, 2016, 07:42 AM
I hope your day gets better.

Ginny B
May 4th, 2016, 07:49 AM
Oh my goodness! What a start to the day.

Patsquilting
May 4th, 2016, 07:54 AM
I hate those days! Good luck - hope day goes better

Carol336
May 4th, 2016, 08:58 AM
Oh my goodness - I'm trying not to laugh, but you gotta admit it's really funny. Most of us here have been there and we feel your pain!! I used to get so mad at my MIL when she said "this too shall pass", but it did...and now I can finally see the humor in it.

I really really hope your day gets better

mischiefkat
May 4th, 2016, 09:19 AM
Don't you ever wonder what goes through a child's mind when they do something like this? They give you an answer but somehow, it's very inadequate . Have better day or night which ever it is. Kathy

Sandy Navas
May 4th, 2016, 09:26 AM
Try some hairspray (if you have it) on the marker stains on the shirt and launder it a couple times . . .

Sending you some special hugs - of course behind my giggles.

Snip Snip
May 4th, 2016, 09:50 AM
My "difficult" grand daughter completely covered the light parts of the sock monkey I made for her, in black permanent marker. I tried everything I know to get it out, to no avail. Don't despair too much over your son. This grand daughter is at the top of her 2nd grade class now, and reading at a 6th grade level. Just call these kids "creative" lol.

WendyI
May 4th, 2016, 10:07 AM
Back in the day when cabbage patch dolls were the "IN" thing and of course incredibly expensive...I bought each of my much younger sisters one. The oldest took hers and cut her hair and coloured the face in black permanent marker. No idea what goes through their wee brains!!

Must be the day, I slept in also today! Hope yours gets (got?) better!

Midge
May 4th, 2016, 11:08 AM
I had to laugh out loud. No parent who is honest will deny that at times those tiny minds totally outsmarted them. We all have the stories, too.

MayinJerset
May 4th, 2016, 11:40 AM
Lou. Keep reminding your self that school will be over soon, you may not be able to prevent your 5 yr old's creative moments but at least you won't be running late for work.130009

mario1360
May 4th, 2016, 11:43 AM
ah the joys of parenthood, savor the moment....you are blessed.

jjkaiser
May 4th, 2016, 11:47 AM
Oh I just love stories like this. Sorry I am laughing, I am sure this is completely exasperating for you, but I can't help it. Hope you took some pictures before you got him cleaned up!

RockinLou
May 4th, 2016, 01:19 PM
:D I actually thought it was hysterical.... afterwards!

I never did snap a photo because I was so frustrated in the heat of the moment.

His explaination when I said "Please, tell me, what were you thinking when you did this??"

Mr. B: "I was very confused Mama. I thought my arms were made of paper. I know I'm only allowed to color on paper."

How could I be mad after that??

The stain is mostly out... May, you're right, I will have a lovely 8 week reprieve from worrying about being late for work!! :D

alliek
May 4th, 2016, 01:24 PM
Tattoos are very popular today, he wanted to be "with it". I hope by now you've made a nice cup of something for yourself and the day has settled into whatever "normalcy" is. You WILL laugh at these times and remember them with a smile, I PROMISE!

Granny Judy
May 4th, 2016, 01:55 PM
I guess you could always dye the shirt a dark color if the ink stains don't wash out... I had to do that a few times.. Each of my three had "their moments".

MRoy
May 4th, 2016, 02:37 PM
To come up with an answer like that...the kid's a little genius. LOL! (not laughing at you, but with you.)

Preeti
May 4th, 2016, 02:57 PM
Bad day, but what a great story.
Hope you can roll with the punches. Sending hugs and best wishes to you!!!

SallyO'Sews
May 4th, 2016, 03:04 PM
Oh, Lou! I feel your pain. Hope you don't mind if I laughed a little reading your post. :0
Think of it this way: your day has to get better from here! :D
Quilty hugs and blessings to you, dear one.

Cokie
May 4th, 2016, 04:49 PM
I laughed too, and it reminded me of another story. My son's best friends have two little girls. I stopped over one day when the oldest one was still small enough to be in diapers at naptime/bedtime, so probably about 3 years old. Her mom said, "Guess what Madison did?" Madison turned around and she had colored lines going down her back and down under her diaper. She had gotten into some markers for coloring while she was supposed to be resting in her room, and when she heard her mom coming, she tried to hide them in the back of her diaper...without putting the caps back on first, of course. Her backside looked like it was tie-dyed!! You gotta wonder what kids think sometimes, and sometimes you just can't help but laugh when they're just so cute.

songbird857
May 4th, 2016, 05:14 PM
I truly laughed out loud..... just thinking of various escapades when my girls were little...
Laughing is the best thing to do in these moments ;)