PDA

View Full Version : Wonderful weekend

Ginny B
May 3rd, 2016, 07:20 PM
Dh and I had a great weekend away at our favorite B & B in CT. We needed a bit of "us" time. We just did whatever we felt like doing each day. Saturday we just took our time on our trip up there and made a stop at Hobby Lobby on the way up. Stopped for lunch and wandered around Niantic for a bit before checking in and then we headed to Mystic -- where I stopped at a quilt store. :) It was a rainy, damp chilly day on Sunday so we decided it was the perfect day to take a trip over to Hartford for a tour of Mark Twain's house/museum. It was very interesting and we learned a lot of things about him and his family. Some very sad things too.

I wasn't feeling so great yesterday morning -- my ear is clogged up again and I felt a bit achy so we just made one stop at a store that leases spaces to crafters to see what the set up was and then we headed home.

I had today off too so I was able to spend some time in my sewing room. I am feeling a little better. I am really happy that I got my sewing room re-organized before we went away so that I was able to just head in there today and start sewing. :) I still have more things to go through but they are out of my way so I will just grab a bin or drawer or pile every once in a while and sort through and decide what's staying and what's going. I'll be heading into Brooklyn this weekend so no sorting will be happening here. My sis and I will be going through things and doing a lot of sorting there.

Hope everyone has a good evening.

stationarymom
May 4th, 2016, 02:11 AM
Glad to hear that you had a nice weekend.

seaturtle
May 4th, 2016, 10:22 AM
That sounds like a lovely weekend. Sometimes, those are necessary for recharging. Glad you enjoyed yourselves and had a day back in your sewing room.