PDA

View Full Version : Guess it's my turn

qcquilter
May 3rd, 2016, 11:53 AM
A couple weeks back I made an appeal for prayers for my dad for some tests he was having. Well, now it's my turn I guess. I went for a mammogram in February which came back normal but when I went for my physical in April the nurse practitioner "thought she felt something." This was the same scenario as last year when she sent me for an ultrasound which turned out to be nothing. This time I was pretty much told the same thing but that I would have to wait for the report. Doctor's office just called to tell me that there was no mass but there was a "suspicious abnormality"and they want to do a biopsy. What a shock! I am now waiting to be scheduled for that. Please offer up some prayers for me. What really scares me is the woman at the end of our block was just diagnosed with a very aggressive breast cancer.
I am leaving Thursday for 5 days to visit with my son's family and to meet my new granddaughter and play with my almost 4 yr old grandson. I just don't know how I am going to keep it together. I don't want to tell them and worry them needlessly if it turns out to be nothing. Pray I can do that.
Thanks in advance for your prayers.

LauraP
May 3rd, 2016, 12:57 PM
I had the same scenario happen and it turned out I have what in cows they call "fatty lumps". Why my doctor decided I needed to know about cows I don't know but they aren't anything to worry about. So don't freak until someone in the know tells you to. Life is to short to worry about things that "might" happen.

rebeccas-sewing
May 3rd, 2016, 01:25 PM
It's a tall request but try really hard to enjoy your time with family and set this concern on the back burner. I'm in total agreement with what Laura said. I've spent plenty of time during my life worrying about things that never happened. You've had good test results so far. Remember, it's always wise to look at that glass half full rather than half empty. I know you're saying, "That's easy for her to say." I had something suspicious in one of my breasts as well. Turned out to be a fatty substance, so I do know what hearing this type of thing feels like. This visit is probably just what you need to take your mind off this. Don't feel you need to hide this from them. They are your family and they will most certainly help put your mind at ease. When will you have the biopsy?

Suzette
May 3rd, 2016, 01:37 PM
Prayers for you. I can relate. I was in your shoes last year and all turned out to be fine. I will pray the same for you. Hugs as you go through this stressful time.

alliek
May 3rd, 2016, 01:48 PM
Keeping you in prayer. Please try to enjoy your family. A new baby, how wonderful is that! Feel the Love. You can't change what is and you will deal with that if you Have TO. My prayers are for your health and peace of mind and heart. God Bless.

Bubby
May 3rd, 2016, 01:49 PM
My prayers go out to you (((HUGS))). Try to enjoy your time with your family.

Monique
May 3rd, 2016, 01:58 PM
NOT worrying is the hard part, no doubt. BUT until you get the results, at least, try and put it to the back of your mind. Enjoy this time with your son and his family. Worry about other matters when you get back home.

I have been there!

qcquilter
May 3rd, 2016, 02:06 PM
Just heard from the breast health nurse at the hospital. She says they can't schedule a biopsy because the radiologist report says "no findings." And they can't biopsy something that cannot be seen. They had sent the report back to the radiologist for review because the report does not agree with the recommendation but she is on vacation until Monday. The nurse could sense the anxiety here and said she would have the radiologist on duty today take a look but he cannot change the first report. She called back about 5 minutes later and said he is 99% sure it is a coding error. I will know for sure when first radiologist gets back on Monday what her recommendation is which could be an MRI but nurse thinks it will likely be a followup ultrasound or mammogram in a few months. She assured me we are likely not looking at cancer. I am relieved and grateful for all of the support from those of you who responded so quickly.

easyquilts
May 3rd, 2016, 02:20 PM
I know what it's like to have that particular wiry.... I hope and pray sll eill be OK with you... You've had goid results before... Hold onto that...

Please try to relax euther yiur family...especially those sweet babies... Easier stud than find, I know....but you can fo it... Just hold those babies,,, nothing better than that...

SewnByBee
May 3rd, 2016, 02:32 PM
Sounds like a perfect time for a visit with Grand babies, grate distraction, while you wait. Congratulations on your new granddaughter.
I pray everything turns out fine.Hand this over to the Lord. Go forward, with confidence. Enjoy this time with family, making wonderful memories.
((( HUGGS )))......💕 ☺ 💖

................129985 😊

BethB
May 3rd, 2016, 02:38 PM
I have had this happen to me, also. I have had two stereotactic (sp?) biopsies - one on each side. I even have a titanium marker in the left side. Results both times - nothing. Glad yours seems to have turned out well.

WendyI
May 3rd, 2016, 03:03 PM
glad to hear that your fears have been alleviated. Now go enjoy your family!!

RockinLou
May 3rd, 2016, 03:31 PM
I'm glad your fears were alleviated! Enjoy your family, but also, trust that if you are worried, they're there for you.

I know people don't want to bother us (us being families with young kids) with "extra worries" but having family who have shut us out and lied to us to our faces about medical issues, it's not doing any service to your relationship with them. Also family health histories are important. My MIL had a hysterectomy in her 30s and wont tell me why, I think it is important for my daughter to know her background. She also had stomach cancer for 6 months before she told us, in that time we spent a week at her house, and she spent a week with us, she didn't break down and tell us the truth until 24 hour before our flight back to Kazakhstan in August. We've been supportive to her in the time since the truth came out, but it was very, very hurtful to my husband that she "didn't want to cause us stress" because if she can't count on him in a time of need, who else is there?

Anyway, just a different perspective on keeping things from grown children, if you've raised them well, they should be there to support you, and they probably WANT to be there for you. It's okay to step back and ask for a hug.

I'm so glad they are not concerned and you can go have stress without this on your plates.

Grandma G
May 3rd, 2016, 03:34 PM
Just heard from the breast health nurse at the hospital. She says they can't schedule a biopsy because the radiologist report says "no findings." And they can't biopsy something that cannot be seen. They had sent the report back to the radiologist for review because the report does not agree with the recommendation but she is on vacation until Monday. The nurse could sense the anxiety here and said she would have the radiologist on duty today take a look but he cannot change the first report. She called back about 5 minutes later and said he is 99% sure it is a coding error. I will know for sure when first radiologist gets back on Monday what her recommendation is which could be an MRI but nurse thinks it will likely be a followup ultrasound or mammogram in a few months. She assured me we are likely not looking at cancer. I am relieved and grateful for all of the support from those of you who responded so quickly.

I'm glad you found this out before your trip. And really glad how it turned out. Prayers will continue. Never hurts to have extra prayers.

Suzette
May 3rd, 2016, 03:42 PM
What a huge relief! Great news!!

MayinJerset
May 3rd, 2016, 04:26 PM
Good news from the nurse so enjoy your trip with your family.129988

SewnByBee
May 3rd, 2016, 05:41 PM
SO HAPPY FOR YOU.
Enjoy, your trip.....and those precious grand babies.

.........129989 ☺ Blessed ❤