PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday all day.

Monique
May 3rd, 2016, 06:37 AM
Good morning friends. I spent the better part of the day organizing my sewing room and I got to sew a little. Making 4 patches. The new setup works well.

Today is my first born's birthday, 32. Wow how time flies.

Lynda took one of my sewing machines to the doctors yesterday. This is one that I bought at auction, not one of the old ones. Should be ready sometime next week.

Friday is the quilt show in Ottawa and plans are in the works to meet up with Peggie, a forum member. Looking forward to that.

Have a great day everyone.

Bubby
May 3rd, 2016, 07:56 AM
Morning Monique,

I had a super busy day yesterday but hopefully today can include some sewing.

I made Gerri's recipe for Crockpot Lasagna she posted yesterday and we LOVED it. It's super simple to put together and the end result was amazingly good. I don't do a lot of crockpot cooking, but I will definitely be making this again and again. Thanks, Gerri!

Monique, you're one of the busiest people I know....but I would expect nothing less from the Grandma of a mermaid!

Let's remember our Maureen (Bababoo) and Bee (SewnByBee) in our prayers.

Have a great day everyone!

Patsquilting
May 3rd, 2016, 08:03 AM
Good Morning, All: another day of packing. It is amazing how much stuff is collected over a period of 28 years (in our house) and 40 years of marriage. When I think we are getting close, we open more doors, etc. But it is exciting to be moving to a new place and start over. Today will take a break from any packing and go to LQS to sit and sew with other retired ladies. Haven't been able to do this in over a month. SOOO looking forward to this time with ladies - talking, etc. as I won't be seeing them much longer. A time for good-byes,

Have a fantastic day all.

shermur
May 3rd, 2016, 08:52 AM
Morning......I'm very tired. I had fallen asleep, until hubby and the dog came to bed. He turned the TV onto music I don't care for, he turned off the ceiling fan...I instantly became hot. I tossed, I turned and got shoved out of the bed. I tried the recliner, the couch and the floor. I finally gave up, found a corner of the bed to "squeeze" onto and finally fell asleep.

Early last night, I attempted to join the new Planet Fitness here in Fort Smith. The place was packed (the newness of the grand opening a couple of months ago till in effect). You couldn't find a place to park, except over in adjoining parking lot of another business. IT was pizza night (really?) and nasty Domino's to boot. The tour was less than to be desired; when I opted for the lesser, cheaper package ($10.00 per month rather than $20.00 with the bells and whistles/a long tedious sales pitch)....I had left my check book at home. I remembered my account number, but not the bank routing number. A staff member pulls out a listing of local bank numbers and yet....my bank wasn't on there.

Now, I know I'm getting ready to sounds petty....but, anymore? The slightest inconvenience perturbs me to no end. I am partly to blame for what be considered a spontaneous notion, but....if the Planet Fitness is going to attempt to accommodate signing up new members? You think they would have their bases covered. Right now....I'm not so sure I want to join.
And of course, that would mean, I have to "find more time" to exercise than to sew/quilt? I'm torn.....

MayinJerset
May 3rd, 2016, 09:22 AM
Yes, it's Tuesday and for me that means PT at noon. Hopefully when I return I'll get to the paper work that has piled up and also make some much needed phone calls. One call will be to my brother who had recent back surgery. I called him at the rehab but no answer but found out that he's back home so I should be able to reach him. Next call to hairdressers for a much needed touch up, want to look my best for Mother's Day dinner at granddaughter Catherine's. Also will get a look at her and her DH's new house. Then the fun calls, the bills and notices concerning medical bills.

peggiep
May 3rd, 2016, 09:42 AM
Happy Tuesday!
Today, I am going to spend some time in my much-neglected flower beds since the sun is shining and the temperature is climbing higher than it has for a few weeks. DH will be gone for most of the day babysitting the youngest GD so I should be able to get a lot accomplished! LOL

After I play outside for a while, I will come in and find a new sewing project. I have so many patterns that I want to make up! Hoping to get the new May theme for the Secret Santa soon so I can work on it too.

Looking forward to meeting Monique on Friday at the Ottawa Quilt Show. It is going to be fun to meet one of the Forum members face-to-face!

Have a wonderful day!

Lyndaj
May 3rd, 2016, 10:01 AM
Yesterday I decided that I had had enough of my sewing room and went on clean out number 2. The first clean out happened in September last year after I lost my job.

I decided to get rid of my 13 year scrap pile. I really don't like scrappy quilts (just my opinion) and I'm never going to go through the pile of scraps using them for leaders and enders. So, I put an ad up on Kijiji offering them for free and today they are going to a new home. Yeah!

Before I became a quilter I was big into cross stitch (read currently have 5 boxes of stuff). Trying to figure out what to do with that. I will keep a small portion of that, but would be happy to get rid of that too.

Today I hope to get something done in my sewing room.

Monique
May 3rd, 2016, 10:20 AM
Yesterday I decided that I had had enough of my sewing room and went on clean out number 2. The first clean out happened in September last year after I lost my job.

I decided to get rid of my 13 year scrap pile. I really don't like scrappy quilts (just my opinion) and I'm never going to go through the pile of scraps using them for leaders and enders. So, I put an ad up on Kijiji offering them for free and today they are going to a new home. Yeah!

Before I became a quilter I was big into cross stitch (read currently have 5 boxes of stuff). Trying to figure out what to do with that. I will keep a small portion of that, but would be happy to get rid of that too.

Today I hope to get something done in my sewing room.

Feels good to clean out doesn't it.

ceiliam
May 3rd, 2016, 10:27 AM
Wow you ladies are busy. I have my final today for the class I've been doing at the university. I am going to miss that class.
Finished my fox baby quilt top, I love it. I love Elizabeth Hartman's patterns . would like to make a new one different critters my other niece is pregnant. Really had a hard time getting pregnant. So excited. I am hoping her crafsy class goes on sale again otherwise looking for pattern. Wish me luck on my final have a fantastic day all Cecelia

Lyndaj
May 3rd, 2016, 10:30 AM
Feels good to clean out doesn't it.

Most definitely! Just trying to figure out what to do with the cross stitch.

JCY
May 3rd, 2016, 11:33 AM
Another sunny day! :) Yest. I got the COC quilt sandwiched, pin basted, & the edges machine basted. I'm ready to begin quilting. Still contemplating the FMQ design. Probably will use one of Angela Walter's patterns for the circles, & wing it for the rest. I haven't decided on which color thread yet to use. I didn't like the gray I used on the sample block.

I'm re-stocked with 15 yds. of Hobbs 80/20 batting! My LA quilter sells me a 1/2 roll very reasonably when she gets an order. The rolls are delivered in a truck to her house. She has a LA business & also does a lot of quilting for a local quilting group. I'm good to go now! I have so many quilt tops just waiting to be sandwiched & quilted.

Time to get some breakfast & get on with my day.

SewnByBee
May 3rd, 2016, 11:58 AM
Good morning , So good to see you all.

I'm feeling some what better. New meds are helping, but it takes time getting into your system.........but better is a start. This Relafen, for arthritis, seems to the best for me. I want let them change it ever again. I do need to increase to get this back under control , soon as the doc decide I can.

* Praying , for fast , healing...... before our little one gets here.

Her doc says, Reese, could come at any time now. The due date is the 16th.
I just need to feel better. Hopefully, a chiropractor visit will help too. He done some acupuncture on my finger joints, last time. It really helped. I hope he can do that to my thumb joints too. The arthritis pushes the joint
( at my wrist) out of it's socket, very painful, the nerve is close to the corpeltanel nerve. .......both hands.....uuuhhhhggg 😞.

* I miss getting on here, with my friends......I pop in as much as I can....
Hopefully, a bit more often.

Wishing you all well, blessings, and positive thoughts.

.............129982 loll......:icon_wave:

Monique
May 3rd, 2016, 01:59 PM
Most definitely! Just trying to figure out what to do with the cross stitch.

There is always the group here "I don't want it..."

grandma nurse
May 3rd, 2016, 02:07 PM
Good to see SewnbyBee back. I hope your medicine helps real fast for you. Grandma's need to be in good shape when the baby arrivies. It has been a slow sewing for a few weeks . Don't know the problem but I think I'm starting to feel like going in my room. I have 17 pillowcases that I'm making to donate and they seem to be something easy to get me back in "my sewing groove". I have wanted a barn quilt painting for several years and a couple of weeks ago I had to opportunity to do just that. It was so fun and I think there are a few more in my future.

WendyI
May 3rd, 2016, 03:37 PM
SewnbyBee, that sounds so painful. My knee arthritis almost entirely disappeared when I was pregnant with my son. It was so nice! That was a very long time ago. Hope the new meds help and you feel better soon.

I am SOOOOO tired right now. It's almost 2:30 p.m. and I've hit my after lunch wall. Doesn't help that I slept so poorly last night...couldn't fall asleep then continued to wake through the night at least five times...then woke finally 15 minutes before my alarm went off. uhg. Today is also my first day back to full-time hours and I have SO MUCH to do at home! I went shopping last evening and bought myself a brand new washer and dryer set. So tired of the garbage that my landlord provided ruining all my clothes! My laundry is also where my bedrooms are so I got them stackable so I have somewhere for dirty laundry. Have to make space in my garage for the landlords machines until he can get them into a basement unit...not sure when I'm supposed to find time to do that! uhg.

Still haven't started the baby quilts and I really must get on that! I am SUCH a procrastinator! I really need someone to kick me in the behind!

Thinking of you all and sending love and warm hugs! xox

sewbizzy
May 3rd, 2016, 04:32 PM
SewnByMe, I hope you are getting relief and the pain subsides....glad to hear from you again on the forum...

SewnByBee
May 3rd, 2016, 07:20 PM
Thank you all, for the well wishes, thoughtfulness, and prayers. Please, keep me in prayer. I am making progress, I'm just ready to be back to my normalish self......I hate hurting......so less pain would be a blessing. I certainly have missed being here with yall.

I pop in every chance I can. I will be around. Take care, and sew on........

cv quilter
May 3rd, 2016, 09:12 PM
Bee, so sorry for your pain..I feel your pain!......I went to my Rheumatologist today and have my own set of ouchies and issues.....this immune system stuff sucks and we never know what direction it will take. I sure hope and PRAY for your comfort and for the new med to do it's job! I guess we go to our Drs. for their knowledge and expertise. I have to trust that my doctor has my best interest in mind as he treats me, just as you do with yours. I sure do hope that you are feeling better when your new little bundle arrives. Can't wait to see the post that Reese has arrived and pray that she is pretty, pink and in excellent health, along with Mommy.