PDA

View Full Version : Gig Harbor........

bubba
May 3rd, 2016, 12:52 AM
Isn't that a funny name? It is a town on the other side of the Narrows Bridge (looks like the Golden Gate) and we had to run out there today, so of course I went to the quilt shop.

It's been run by two women the past couple years after they bought it from another woman. Well, a few weeks ago, I got an email that one of them was leaving and the way I read it, it had been sold, so I called and asked and they assured me, no, only one was leaving and the other would still be there.

When I went in today, there were so many people in there! They had rearranged yet again, and indeed, there were two new owners who were nice as can be! The one helped me and when she saw my wallet she said something and I told her I had made it, as well as my purse. 'Stay right there!! Don't move!! I'll be right back!!' Well, I was not feeling all that well to begin with and I certainly wasn't felling well for all their excitement! It sounds like I may be teaching bag classes there because they have been trying to find someone and have had no luck....till I walked in! I gave them a card and told them when I was back in a week or so and feeling better we would talk then and they seemed pretty thrilled. I told them what I expected to earn and they were even okay with that!

Now I'll need to try and get some samples done up or just take my personal purses out to show them so they can see just what they would be dealing with......this could be fun!

grammaterry
May 3rd, 2016, 01:08 AM
What a very nice surprising day. I'm sorry you weren't feeling well, but after you get back on your feet you will have this new adventure to look forward to. And when we can be rewarded with $$ for our craft it validates it even more. And think of all the lives you will touch in the course of teaching new folks the joys of what we all love.

stationarymom
May 3rd, 2016, 01:10 AM
That is an odd name. Sounds like you hit the jackpot new owners a nice shop somewhere to make some extra money. Sounds like a good thing.I would be happy with having a quilt shop other than Joann's to go to.

Hulamoon
May 3rd, 2016, 01:10 AM
Sorry your not feeling well, but good for you! Especially since they are nice too.

toggpine
May 3rd, 2016, 01:30 AM
Nancy said she would still be there. Hmmmm.

bubba
May 3rd, 2016, 01:52 AM
Nancy said she would still be there. Hmmmm.

Well, unless there are now three owners, that is what she told me too! They both introduced themselves to me as the owners and my head was spinning with this cold so bad by then I could not even tell you their names, which is a bad thing!! I know they were both shorter than me and I am 5'7", so they were a good three inches shorter, but they were very nice. Seemed to be about my age...you know, 29!!

Monique
May 3rd, 2016, 07:09 AM
Good for you. I recently heard about a wholesale place in Ottawa, Canada, called to inquire about it also being a retail shop and was asked if I wanted to be a rep for Quebec. No thank you.

Monique
May 3rd, 2016, 07:10 AM
Bubba, you going gigging in Gig Harbor? (sorry I could not resist). Feel better soon.

MayinJerset
May 3rd, 2016, 09:10 AM
Always good news when you find a new quilt shop and this one sounds like a good one. Might even turn out better if you get teach classes there. Feel better soon.

Gig Harbor sounds like one of those 1960's made up movie star names like Tab Hunter, Rip Torn.

seaturtle
May 3rd, 2016, 10:33 AM
What a great surprise to walk into a shop and walk out with a job teaching! Congratulations, and I hope you are feeling better soon.

WendyI
May 3rd, 2016, 03:40 PM
That's so exciting! I LOVE teaching people things...and extra cash is a bonus too! Hope you feel better soon!

songbird857
May 3rd, 2016, 07:44 PM
Feel better soon!
Great prospect for a class :)

qcquilter
May 3rd, 2016, 09:37 PM
What a great opportunity. Hope it all works out for you. Hope you are feeling better soon!

bubba
May 4th, 2016, 02:20 AM
Thinking back today, I can't remember most of the conversation!!! My head was so foggy at the time I was there and MM is of no help! He was standing right there and doesn't remember a single word! I'll be out there in about two weeks, so hopefully it will come back to me then!

QuiltingRN
May 4th, 2016, 10:31 AM
Wow, that is great, teaching in Gig Harbor! When you know a schedule let me know, I will have to come over to meet you! Hope you are feeling better soon.
I like the Gig Harbor store!

Grandma G
May 6th, 2016, 09:14 AM
Thinking back today, I can't remember most of the conversation!!! My head was so foggy at the time I was there and MM is of no help! He was standing right there and doesn't remember a single word! I'll be out there in about two weeks, so hopefully it will come back to me then!

So your saying the fog was in your head and not in the harbor? All kidding aside this sounds like something fit for you. Can't wait to hear more. Hope you feel better soon. And as for the name, Gig Harbor...love that name. Great name for a romance or mystery novel.