PDA

View Full Version : It's a new month and a new Monday!

Monique
May 2nd, 2016, 09:06 AM
Good morning friends. I had a busy weekend but not really any sewing involved. Saturday was just too beautiful to spend indoors. After a little road trip with Les to two local antique shops, I spent the day cleaning out the flower bed of bird seed, moved the bird feeders away from the house, washed the both vehicle windows inside and out, washed the outside windows of the house, put together a patio set, put the summer tires in the van ready for garage to change. Yesterday my friend Lynda and I went back to the antique place and I picked up a computer desk and a little bookcase, like for cds, for $15. The desk is just the right size for my sewing machine. The one I have just isn't wide enough. I think this will work better. The little bookcase is right beside the desk with all the stuff I had on the sewing table. I wasn't able to topstitch the tote bag with the industrial sewing machine at Lynda's either. Man, that is some machine, doesn't really have a slow speed. So I will have to take it apart and redo the tabs that hold the d-rings because they are too thick to sew through.

Lynda is going to stop by this morning and take one of my sewing machines to the doctors for me. Oh, and I have to tell you about the sewing machine my brother got me. Last year he bought one at a garage sale in a cabinet. Well he made it portable for me by making a brand new base for it. Only problem, cord is too short so I have to use my hand to sew with. hahahaha. He is going to fix that for me.

So today, I will clean the sewing room AGAIN!! Friday I picked out more fleece for another mermaid tail blanket. Maizyn got hers on Friday and loves it. Phil told me she even went to bed with it. LOL!

This Friday coming is the big quilt show in Ottawa. I am going to try and meet a couple of ladies from the forum there.

Well, have a great day friends.

Here is Maizyn in her blanket.

Bubby
May 2nd, 2016, 09:52 AM
Such a pretty little mermaid in purple. I hope she's thrilled with it.

cv quilter
May 2nd, 2016, 11:15 AM
Love the adorable mermaid blanket........and the Little Mermaid in the picture is adorable, too.

JCY
May 2nd, 2016, 11:37 AM
Monday morning greetings! At last, the sun is shining! We've had several days of clouds & a rain/snow mix. A hard freeze this a.m. & only 30 deg. White frost everywhere. Now we can expect some warmer temps later in the week. 'Bout time!

Yest. I finished sewing together the rest of the blocks & rows for the CO quilt. Got the backing cut & pressed. I need to cut the batting, then it will be almost ready to sandwich. Still need to clip the threads from the back of the quilt top & do a final pressing. I'm studying Angela Walters' circle patterns. I'm thinking I might use her wood grain pattern for the background fabric. I made a sample block to practice on first.

We're waiting on lab results of DH's blood draw on Fri. when he had his annual physical. I like the new dr. (a lady); I think she was more thorough than his male dr. who retired Mar. 1. She's younger (but experienced) & has fresh ideas. She's very concerned about his weight (105 lb. on our home scale, 113 lb. at the dr.'s office) & that he'll get muscle wasting from not eating enough calories. It's so difficult to find high calorie foods he can tolerate due to all his food allergies & intolerances. He had to give up peanut butter a few wks. ago after he broke out in a rash all over his body. He's envious any time he sees me eating PB. I put extra avocado on his salad today, hoping that would add a few calories.

Well, it's time to get on with my day. Have a good Monday! BTW, where's our Blondie?

Monique
May 2nd, 2016, 11:54 AM
Blondie is busy with 'stuff', like helping Sarah pack.

Claire Hallman
May 2nd, 2016, 01:11 PM
Can he tolerate ice cream? A milkshake with an egg in it used to be my Mother's remedy to gain weight. I guess today's alternative is Boost.

URIBARRI-MAYOR
May 2nd, 2016, 01:55 PM
Hi good afternoon everyone, Mondays beginning of the week and month and we have a beautiful day with an incredible sun, but for me this being a very sad day, because this morning I had to take my cat to operate one of its ears because he was diagnosed with skin cancer so they had something with that problem, and I left for the operation, but barely an hour ago have informed me that he has not withstood the anesthesia and has so dead that I am here crying for my beloved "TXIKITINA" I know that has not suffered and that reassures me a little, but I miss you so much and his partner too. Well I hope you are all well and have a happy day, send greetings and prayers for those who need

dwil23
May 2nd, 2016, 04:32 PM
Hi good afternoon everyone, Mondays beginning of the week and month and we have a beautiful day with an incredible sun, but for me this being a very sad day, because this morning I had to take my cat to operate one of its ears because he was diagnosed with skin cancer so they had something with that problem, and I left for the operation, but barely an hour ago have informed me that he has not withstood the anesthesia and has so dead that I am here crying for my beloved "TXIKITINA" I know that has not suffered and that reassures me a little, but I miss you so much and his partner too. Well I hope you are all well and have a happy day, send greetings and prayers for those who need

I am so sorry. It is so hard to loose our pets. They are like family to us. Was your baby all white? My sister had one that was pure white and the vet said they almost always get cancer on their ears. (((HUGS))) to you...

seaturtle
May 2nd, 2016, 08:40 PM

I'm so sorry to hear about your cat. I know it is devastating. Prayers for you.

mommamarsh
May 2nd, 2016, 10:51 PM
So very sorry for your loss.Sending you a big hug!