PDA

View Full Version : It's MONDAY!!

MayinJerset
May 2nd, 2016, 08:58 AM
That big loud Sun should get all we sleepy heads going this first Monday morning in May. Really need it today as it's dark, damp and raining and it supposed to continue that way during the week. Need to check with DGD in New Orleans as they are expecting some really bad storms and flooding - want to make sure that new great grandson of ours is nice and safe.

Also need to check with DGD in California who is expecting her 2nd baby next month. Last night DH dreamt he flew out there to visit and DGD went into labor so he baby sat her almost 2 year old son while she and her DH were at the hospital. DH said he was feeding the little guy and bringing him to the beach and things like that. Also need to check with DGD that lives here in Jersey, she invited us to Mother's Day dinner at her house, she and her DH moved into it a month or so ago and I'm anxious to see it.

Monique
May 2nd, 2016, 09:07 AM
May, we were writing at the same time. I hope the storms aren't too bad in New Orleans.

You have a great day, May.

Grandma Nan
May 2nd, 2016, 09:12 AM
Sounds like you are going to be busy May. Another dull dreary day here but not raining just yet.

I have to go get my BP checked at the dr. today and then heading off to Petawawa ON to visit grandsons, daughter and SIL. Thats about a 3-4 hr drive so that will probably be most of my day. I am looking forward to seeing them and celebrating Mason's 3rd birthday.

I expect when I get home it will be time to cut the grass again- the usual cycle from now til October. I really don't mind though, its good exercise and its not snow.

Hope everyone has a good day. Maybe May's big sun will be shining on you.

RockinLou
May 2nd, 2016, 09:47 AM
Hello all! It's evening here, and I spent most of my day-off at work, updating gradebooks and grading the mountain of papers that accumulates every time I turn my back.... the theory is that I will be more rested and have an easier time coming home right when the bell rings this week. We'll see if that's what actually happens...

I'm tired, and ready for the school year to end. I'm looking forward to the summer and for getting myself better organized about the year ahead before the onslaught of August comes again. It's a draining cycle, being a teacher... there's always something completely unpredictable that pops up to keep you on your toes every time you get confident about things slowing down....

Well, I'd best help the kids get ready for bed so I can sit and watch a Gilmore Girls episode myself before going to bed. That;s been my background music this year, and I'm in the middle of seasons that I never did watch when it aired on television, so I'm enjoying it. I always identified with Rory - a bookish girl with maturity beyond her peers and even beyond her mother at times... reliable and kind, but a bit aloof. Only I didn't have the sense of humor, or the gorgeous boys falling over themselves with admiration for me. Or maybe I was too aloof to notice?

May- I hope your family is well and safe. My grandmother lives in Jersey and she is currently in the hospital fighting congestive heart failure. Your stories of the great-grands reminds me of her, she would be very worried about the weather wherever we've lived too. She'll never forgive me for going overseas, but I hope she knows I love her anyway. I called her yesterday, she rushed me off the phone and didn't want to talk. She was nasty to me, but I need to remind myself that it is the dementia, as she is 97 years old. I just hope it's not the last time I talk to her... it's not a good note to leave things on.

Bubby
May 2nd, 2016, 09:48 AM
Morning May and Everyone,

It's dreary here this morning and feels like rain. I think I hear distant thunder.

Jeff is back to work today and the Girls are napping. I'm catching up with the laundry from Jeff's trip and planning a trip to the bank and pharmacy later this morning.

No sewing went on here while Jeff was away. I hope everyone is fine and dandy. That reminds me, my fabric for the Dandy Star quilt came in. That may well be my next little project.

Wishing you all a great Monday!

Simply Quilting
May 2nd, 2016, 11:52 AM
Good Morning! The sun is continuing to hide here. We have had a lot of rain in the past week.

I am hoping to be able to get some sewing done this month. As I don't think I even touched the sewing machine in April. Last month flew by in a flash as I was helping a lady who had gallbladder complications which went on for the whole month of April and she is still having issues.

Have a great day everyone :)