PDA

View Full Version : Sunday morning aches

Grandma Nan
May 1st, 2016, 10:27 AM
Further to my highly ambitious day yesterday, the report this morning is an achy, breaky body. Feeling pretty stiff and sore. It is raining though, a very fine, gentle rain that will be perfect for the grass seed.

I think my part time job should be a fortune teller as I foresee a quiet sewing day in my future- and I know for sure that is going to come to pass as I can hardly move.. Getting some quilts ready to ship off to the long armer and also getting ready to visit my daughter, SIL and 2 GS's for a couple of days. Dave is staying home because his back can't take a 3-4 hour drive so I'll be toddling off on my own.

I hope everyone has a great relaxing day. Tell them that Grandma Nan said "I can do whatever I want today" and of course, if Blondie were here she'd tell you to SMiLE while you say it.

CarolynK
May 1st, 2016, 10:58 AM
Good Morning Nan and all!
Probably won't be sewing today and haven't in over a month. I am having sewing and quilting withdrawals but hope maybe next week I can get in my room.

We had severe storms all last week with hail and wind - a few tornados but today should be sunny and a little warmer. The rain was really welcome and everything is green here.

Hope you all have a great Sunday!

Carolyn

Carol336
May 1st, 2016, 11:32 AM
Good morning Nan, Carolyn and all who follow.

Made 100.00 at our yard/craft sale yesterday - we didn;t have any big ticket items, most things under 5.00 so I guess it wasn't to bad. and everything that sold was from the "junque" table - none from my crafts/bags - oh well, live and learn!!

I'm really under the weather this morning with allergies kicking up - just send DH off to church by himself and I think I'm headed back to bed.

Have a good Sunday everyone

ceiliam
May 1st, 2016, 11:55 AM
Morning all sorry Carol not feeling good. Grandma Nan amazing isn't it how much more we feel the aches and pains. Got my sister's house cleaned yesterday, so good to have her here to help her. She is a sweetheart, feel bad for her to be so disabled.
Went to open sew yesterday afternoon, for my quilt guild. Such a disappointment...not that people were not nice, just not a lot of people there. Live and learn. Hope all have a great day Cecelia

mario1360
May 1st, 2016, 01:09 PM
well it is noon already and I am still in my PJ....shingles still very painful, Lyrica seems to help less, maybe my body is building up a resistance to it. I have not had the energy to work on my dear projects lately....been watching lots of quilting Youtube. Purchased more fabric, my partner asking why if I do not work on the projects do I buy more and more fabric?
I found the ultimate answer: I will be retiring in 13 months. I will need a LOT of fabric to keep me busy!!!!!
You all have a splendid Sunday.

toggpine
May 1st, 2016, 01:11 PM
Not much sewing going on here either. Trying to catch up on things here on the farm. Two weeks made a big difference in weed growth around here! I need to get the rest of the seeds in the garden, but the weeds have to go first.

I'm going to top off the coffee cup, let the neighbors dogs out, and get on with it.

sewbizzy
May 1st, 2016, 01:46 PM
I don't usually post in the mornings (and it'd now after noon), but love to read our Good Morning news...I know what you mean about being achy Nan....rainy and dismal here...I hope Mario1360 you get relief soon from the shingles...great job at your yard sale Carol...sorry you are having allergy problems today..
I am in the sewing room trying to work on some UFOs for the past 2 days...making some progress...I finished a small baby quilt---probably a car seat cover size yesterday...and sewed another small top together...I am going to stop now to put some potholders together that I can donate to several church craft shows...I love to stitch the bindings on while watching tv with dh...
I hope you all have a great day!!

rebeccas-sewing
May 1st, 2016, 01:50 PM
Staring at a quilt that's ready to be quilted. I'll be happy to finish it up and get it in the mail. Anxious to start a new project. I'm almost finished with the yard. Yay!

Claire Hallman
May 1st, 2016, 01:53 PM
Did a little more packing today and this afternoon I plan on painting the two cabinets in my sewing room. Does that count?
When I get to take a break this afternoon I am going to start taking a quilt apart to start the change from a double to two twins.

Patsquilting
May 1st, 2016, 07:40 PM
We have been packing all weekend. Getting ready to move by end of month - so not much sewing going on here. Have 3 tops done for months - just had to sandwich, "birth" as will be tieing together. I am such a procrastinator. These should have been done months ago. Now, the pressure is on - need to get them done before I move - so last night and today got all sandwiched and 1 tied. 2 more to go. 28 years in one place - it's amazing how much stuff you collect and how much you forget you had. Just need to keep good attitude and keep going. Hope those of you who are not feeling good - get better - get a good night's rest.

Claire Hallman
May 1st, 2016, 11:10 PM
We have been packing all weekend. Getting ready to move by end of month - so not much sewing going on here.
Doesn't it seem that the more you put into boxes, the more there still is?:icon_rolleyes:

Patsquilting
May 2nd, 2016, 07:51 AM
What amazes move with packing/moving - is how LESS room there is in a house. When the stuff comes out of closests and into boxes- you can't move. UGH - can't wait until this is over- couple more weeks. BUT WAIT - then I get to figure out where it goes into the new house. But this part is fun. Happy Monday!