PDA

View Full Version : Night Owl in the Rain

kimsophia
May 1st, 2016, 01:39 AM
Hoot hoot! A rainy day and night here in Iowa. I picked up my framed cross stitch and am pleased with it. I did see a teeny dot of what I think it a crumb of matte board framing, but I would be the only one to spot it, I hope. I'm not worrying about it. A lady in line behind me at the cash register was impressed with it. lol Most of it was just following the pattern but I did a bit of improvisation, too. I'll get a pic of it posted here tomorrow.

I also used up my Jo-Ann coupons buying skeins of embroidery floss for my "Mom and me" cross stitch. I converted a black and white photo of my mom talking to me when I was a baby. I'm sure looking up at her with wide eyes! :) I hope the free photo conversion program I used did a good job. I'm stitching guide lines on the evenweave fabric every ten threads. I swore I would never use 32 count fabric again, but I bought this piece before I made that vow... ;-)

Here's a really horrible thing I'm doing. I'm bidding on something on eBay that I don't need. I just don't want it to sell for less than it is worth. I'm sure somebody's grandma died and they are selling her collection of three boxes of embroidery floss, over 400 skeins. The last time I bid on 240 skeins it sold for one dollar above my bid of $40.29. I really didn't need that, either, but it seemed like a good idea at the time. So here's what I am bidding on...somebody else, please buy it! :D Lot 400 DMC Card Wrapped Embroidery Floss Skeins Thread Glass Beads Etc | eBay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/201568278252?_trksid=p2055359.m1431.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT)

What are you up to?

stationarymom
May 1st, 2016, 02:08 AM
Not much happening here today,we raked the yard to get all of the fallen stick and twigs off of the ground so the dog won't eat them.Then we ran some errands and went out for dinner.Did the coupons for Joann's end today ?it seems like a lot of people here on the forum used their's today too.I wish you knew how many quilt kits and pre cuts I bid on from E Bay and actually won,a lot of families clean out the family members stash on there so I look all the time.

Granny Judy
May 1st, 2016, 02:23 AM
I put in a bid. That is a great starter stash.. Hoping the cataract surgery lets me do some hand sewing again.

It was rainy all day, so all we got done was some grocery shopping and filling our bellies.. I checked out how my raised beds are doing and saw some green shoots merging thru the ground.

Yeah!! the green thumb still works.

kimsophia
May 1st, 2016, 02:24 AM
Hi Joan, yes, there were Jo-Ann coupons that ended April 30th! They were 40% and 60% off coupons.

bubba
May 1st, 2016, 02:25 AM
I'm still sitting under my blankie. Yesterday, I ventured out of the house to drive about 25 miles to pick up my oldest grandgirl. It is all highway driving and I was feeling a lot better. Picked her up, stopped at a quilt shop to take a picture and we were on our way. Uh, Grandma, do you mind if we get something to eat? So we stopped and ate at IHOP.

We left there and got on the freeway (it's four lanes each direction....I5). Well, about 15 minutes into the trip, the truck in front of me started swerving and I started tapping the brakes so the woman tailgating me in her little car would not rearend us. All of a sudden, the truck tried to go around the car in front of that on the shoulder (we were all in the fast lane and had been going 60mph or so before this started moments before) and the cars in the next lane over started swerving and I'm trying to watch ahead, watch the idiot behind me, peek in my sideview mirror to see if I can avoid hitting someone and decided if it came down to it I was just going to stay in my lane and take my chances because I am sure my grandgirl would have been hurt had she been hit on her side with the cars passing us as fast as they were.

I was able to get stopped with about three feet to spare. The car behind me was even closer. I managed to drive around it, park and go back to check for injuries. Both drivers were out and said they were fine. The wife of the front driver said she was fine but I could tell she was hurt by the way she was holding her neck and head but refused aid 3x when I asked. There were two little kids in carseats in the backseat and they were both screaming, but it was because their mom was carrying on. I told her she needed to calm down and then they were fine. I was on the phone with the state patrol dispatcher this whole time.

We then were on our way once again since the only thing I saw was the swerving around and she saw nothing. She asked to go to Hobby Lobby, so what's a grandma to do? While there, she was dawdling and the adrenaline was wearing off and I was starting to feel sick again with this cold, so I told her to pick something so we could leave. I came back home and rested a couple hours.

Well, today I was feeling like a new person. Now make a note of this..........IF YOU GET THIS CRAP I HAVE (FEVER, COLD, SWEATS, COUGHING, ETC) JUST BECAUSE IT IS DAY TEN AND YOU FEEL FINE, DO NOT STOP TAKING THE COUGH MEDICINE/MUCINEX/OR WHATEVER ELSE YOU HAVE BEEN TAKING!!! I started coughing tonight and could not catch my breath and was seeing stars and thought I was going to be seeing firemen at any moment. I took a dose of my Robitussin and a super max cough drop but it still took me a good 30 - 45 minutes to calm down. Now that everything has kicked in, I'm feeling fine again, but I'm waiting up another hour so I can take my next dose (it will be Nyquil and half a sleeping pill) and hopefully things will be better tomorrow.

I've still got a diaper bag to finish and I am supposed to deliver a wallet Monday that isn't even cut out.......may have to delay both of them. Hope the baby doesn't make an early appearance.

kimsophia
May 1st, 2016, 02:26 AM
I put in a bid. That is a great starter stash.. Hoping the cataract surgery lets me do some hand sewing again.

It was rainy all day, so all we got done was some grocery shopping and filling our bellies.. I checked out how my raised beds are doing and saw some green shoots merging thru the ground.

Yeah!! the green thumb still works.

Great! I hope you get it! My advice would be to wait until the last half hour of the auction and then enter your maximum bid and let the computer bid for you up until the end. It bids in 50 cent increments. I hope everybody else interested in it is sleeping or busy during that last half hour! :D

kimsophia
May 1st, 2016, 02:32 AM
Bubba, thank God you weren't killed! That sounds terrifying! D:

bubba
May 1st, 2016, 02:40 AM
Bubba, thank God you weren't killed! That sounds terrifying! D:

This is why Bubba drives a Dodge Nitro.....which is an SUV so she feels safe. After being in a serious accident many years ago she avoids being in a normal car at all costs!

MayinJerset
May 1st, 2016, 05:06 AM
Pat, So glad you and your GD are OK - scary how quick things can go bad on the highway. Hope your meds kick in and get you feeling better ASAP.

I've been feeling kind of punk the past day or so, feel stiff and a bit achy maybe coming down with something. Waking up in the middle of the night and can't go back to sleep isn't helping. Going to take 2 Advil and try to get back to sleep. Didn't have a bad cold all Winter but maybe I'll be celebrating May Day and Spring with one. 129868

Judy, USMC
May 1st, 2016, 05:59 AM
So everyone who needed to used their coupons - Great! Spring flowers starting to poke through the ground - Fab! Bubba & DGD home safe and sound - Wonderful! EBay bid placed - Hope you win!

On our way to Massanutten time share for 12 days. Was supposed to be for 2 weeks but lost 2 days with Dr appointments. From the pain I've been having it appears I now have a kidney stone. This is after they gave me antibiotics for a kidney infection. Pun intended here ladies - please pray that this too will PASS......

RockinLou
May 1st, 2016, 06:47 AM
Bubba- I'm so glad you're okay! I hope you are enjoying DGD's visit even if you aren't feeling great.

I'm finally sitting down to sew this afternoon, it is a long-overdue stress-relief session for me!!

No school tomorrow for May Day, so a long weekend, thankfully, because I need the break.

mischiefkat
May 1st, 2016, 10:50 AM
Bubba thank heavens you and GD are ok. You put your life in jeopardy anytime you get in the car now days. Speed and crazy drivers. Hope you are feeling better soon. Kathy