PDA

View Full Version : Good Grief, It's Wednesday

Blondie
November 30th, 2011, 09:45 AM

Happy Wednesday Everyone!

Here I am dragging in, sleepless night, slow computer and all. But there is always plenty of good cheer in attitude to share around here. I have much to be thankful for, it isn't always on Thanksgiving that I count my many blessings.

Went down to Mom's yesterday and discovered she had been crocheting little bell ornaments for 3 of her good friends. This morning we shall trek to the Wally World and find some little key ring thingies for them. And there goes my day. I will come home feeling as if I have been switched soundly - that is how much I dislike going there. Unfortunately that is the only place in town to shop. But wait! Lest I sound disgruntled or grinch like, when I come home, I will have a nice piece of homemade apple pie (ala mode of course) and a fresh cuppa. Ta daaaaaaaaaaaa! Takes so little to make me happy. Food generally works.

Hoping that everyone will have a wonderful day. I will try to check back in later even if I have to jump start my computer!

Loonwatcher
November 30th, 2011, 09:50 AM
Good Morning.

Blondie, I didn't sleep last night either. Must have been something in the air. Sure was windy and downpours here.

I ended up working a couple hours late yesterday and will have a full day today. Not much getting done at home. DH is prepping the spare bedroom to put the flooring down this weekend. We have our ambulance and DH's company holiday parties this weekend. He hasn't decided if we're going to his or not. We never had before but he mentioned going so I said okay. Now he's waffling about it. And they say women are fickle. BTW, who are "they"?

Have a great day!

Beakkmom
November 30th, 2011, 09:57 AM
Good Morning Ladies, Blondie your posts certainly start my day off on the right foot! Thanks for your ever-so-positive daily dose of life. I'm preparing to head to Oklahoma to visit DD and her hubby, driving down with my youngest DD. My mom isn't doing well, and hope she holds her own while we are away. DH is going to stay home and feed the cats (going hunting to, I suspect) so we can have some 'girlie time'.

It is COLD in Iowa today ~ the temp is in the teens!! My walk to work will be brisk, but I love to walk and pray!

Blessings to you wonderful ladies!

Lin

kziggy
November 30th, 2011, 10:19 AM
Yes it means the week is almost over! I have had one heck of a week already. My DD has a cold and well its been me up with her at night as she is coughing all night long. Today is going to be a stop at the coffee shop. I have not been on here due to letting the DD sleep a little later. I finished off two dresdans and I am just putting the border on my wall hanging and my dresdan.

I hope you all have a good day!

Monique
November 30th, 2011, 10:35 AM
Good morning everyone.

Man did we ever get a heck of a lot of rain yesterday. Good thing it was not snow.

Yesterday was not a quilting day or a very productive day for sewing at least. I did make homemade buns and a fruitcake (it came out of a box, but I did have to mix it, didn't I!!) for my secret sister. And I did take a friend to the doctor's for a follow-up.

I do have to work this afternoon at the post office. I usually bring something to work on, so I think I will bring the queen size quilt I need to get finished for xmas.

Christmas is coming toofast, could someone slow it down just a bit please.

To all my quilty friends, have a wonderful day.

KiltedQuilter
November 30th, 2011, 10:46 AM
Today I awoke to find SNOW on the hills behind my house....brrr!
We are all toasty in the house though. I say "we" because son Number 1 is off from school as there is a strike on. So it's me and the two most demanding men in my life(hubby is SO laid back he doesn't count!). A baby and a hormonal teenager in the house...wish me luck today, I may not stay sane for long.

I may just get a little sewing done when the baby is in bed at night, but thus far it's a no-go. I did do a teeny bit of the crocheting I started last night though.

Off to find a cuppa(wish I had some of Blondie's apple pie or Monique's fruitcake). Enjoy your day! :)

ps. loonwatcher I have no IDEA who "they" are either! :icon_beuj:

Mrs.Sew&Sew
November 30th, 2011, 11:09 AM
Mourning All! Sounds like everyone has a busy busy day ahead! I am still recovering from "the Play" last night. Only son is in a production of Smokey Joe's Cafe in HS drama class and last night was opening night. He told me they cut his solo but low and behold on the first song out they were singing and dancing and everyone was quiet and here is my little (not really) man singing out!!! Imagine my surprise! I almost cried! Not much on the agenda today just decorating the house for Christmas. (can't wait) I get to put out all my Nativity's out. My newest came in the mail Monday! I think I am up to 15 of them now! I get one every year from a family member. This year it was that Man-O-Mine! I collect them to remind me of the REASON for the SEASON! CHRISTmas is a special time to reflect on all HE did for US!

Hope you all have a productive day! Oh I also plan to finish my "Quilters Candy" (more on that later) :icon_bigsmile:

Bubby
November 30th, 2011, 11:34 AM
A quick good morning again to everyone,

My sweet Auntie is still sleeping and DH is at work, so I have a few moments to indulge myself. All my news is mostly old news from earlier this morning on Meemecyn's thread....DH is having his sleep study tonight (at last!). Why is it so hard to get men to do anything medically for themselves! Auntie and I are going to have "girlie time" together tonight and may stay up all night chatting, sewing and eating. I hope to be half as together as she is when I'm her age...87! She drove herself to Missouri from Chicago because she felt like running away for a while. She spent Thanksgiving with some of her grandkids in Springfield, Mo and her stop at our house is on the way back home. She's an aunt by marriage (my late hubb's auntie) but she's still my favorite aunt and we have kept in close contact all these years since DH passed away.

We are having bitter cold weather with high winds. They are calling for heavy snow this weekend and maybe ice. I wouldn't mind winter except for the ice situation.

I hear Auntie stirring and she probably needs food, so I'll go and wish you all a great day. Take care and hugs all around, Barb

bakermom
November 30th, 2011, 11:47 AM
Yeah, woke up to snow this morning.not a lot,but the ground is white.It has been a very mild Fall,except for a few really cold days here and there. Mild enough i noticed last week there are new leaves coming out on my lilacs! poor things. Can't stay long,heading over to DDs to spend some time with the baby.

rebeccas-sewing
November 30th, 2011, 11:55 AM
I highly recommend a vaporizer and Nyquil (I'm sure they have it for kids). Get the vaporizer medicine that goes in the trough. It puts that wonderful menthol in the air that's so soothing for a cough. Hope she feels better soon.
Yes it means the week is almost over! I have had one heck of a week already. My DD has a cold and well its been me up with her at night as she is coughing all night long. Today is going to be a stop at the coffee shop. I have not been on here due to letting the DD sleep a little later. I finished off two dresdans and I am just putting the border on my wall hanging and my dresdan.

I hope you all have a good day!

BellasQuilts
November 30th, 2011, 12:42 PM
Good Morning on Hump Day - middle of the week. I'm home today from work. DH got sick this weekend and shared with me it seems. Sore throat, stuffy nose, etc. Yuck. I hate being sick, I'm just so bad at it too. DD#1 is in Spokane, WA touring with the ballet. She was in a TV interview and pocket dialed us about 5 times this morning. DD#2 is at home with her hubby and doing well. Got news that my little Terrier is OK - whatever was on her leg is benign. She finally pulled her stitches out but the wound is healing nicely on its own, so just cleaning it twice a day and letting it heal on its own. She's a happy girl, eating again, no pain, etc. So thankful for her health. Thank you all for your kind thoughts and prayers for her, it was very touching. Well, off to take some cold meds and snuggle up for a bit. Happy Day today to all. Megan

Sandy Navas
November 30th, 2011, 12:51 PM
Good Morning Ladies, Blondie your posts certainly start my day off on the right foot! Thanks for your ever-so-positive daily dose of life. I'm preparing to head to Oklahoma to visit DD and her hubby, driving down with my youngest DD. My mom isn't doing well, and hope she holds her own while we are away. DH is going to stay home and feed the cats (going hunting to, I suspect) so we can have some 'girlie time'.

It is COLD in Iowa today ~ the temp is in the teens!! My walk to work will be brisk, but I love to walk and pray!

Blessings to you wonderful ladies!

Lin

Have a very safe journey, Lin. I hope your find your Mom doing better than you think she is. Enjoy your time with your daughter, too. And, as you pass by on Interstate 29 give a wave before you get to St. Joseph and I'll be waving back from my back yard! Hugs and safe journey!

Sandy Navas
November 30th, 2011, 01:00 PM
By the time I get to this point in the mornings I am feeling rushed and anxious to get things out of the way so I can go play. I really do have to service my extra sewing machines since the girls are going to be here again this afternoon to make Christmas gifts. We had a blast yesterday but I won't bore you with stories. I know I lost about 10 pounds running from one to another to solve problems along the way. Just as soon as one would be working fine another would break a thread and couldn't remember how to rethread the machine - and then one would run out of bobbin thread . . . never ending. One was balking because she had plans that weren't compatible with what we were doing (our little negotiator . . . )

Went to my cousin's visitation last night and as I hugged my dear Johnny he said "You know, no matter how long you have to prepare for death of a loved one, it is always a heart-breaking shock." Candy is resting now, in no pain and with her dear sweet Lord.

Prayers and hugs being uplifted. Life is good.

Sandy Navas
November 30th, 2011, 01:01 PM
Sending special SNOT LOCKER mittens to my dear friend Cathy!

Blondie
November 30th, 2011, 05:03 PM
Popping in really quick to wave a good afternoon to all.

Walmart shopping is done, Mom is back home ~ safe, sound and warm. It was pretty chilly this morning - the sun came out and made everything a bit warmer and happier.

Megan, sure hope you feel better - hubs, too! Mine is always overly generous with me as well.
Lin, safe journey. Thoughts and prayers for you and yours during this difficult time. My big old arms are around you as well.
Sandy, Sandy, Sandy! As sad as I am for your loss, I am glad you were there for Johnny. If Candy was ready, and it sounds as if she is already in that great cloud of witnesses - I am glad that her suffering is over.
Now as for those Grands! You are so very blessed and they are too! Talk about a quiver full. Be sure and don't send your lost 10 pounds this way. Seems as if some always find my body this time of year. I look at that apple pie this morning and said to it, I said - Why not just jump straight to my thighs! Winds up there anyway.
Nikki, come across the pond anytime - I will make you a fresh pie, cake and of course some good strong coffee.
Barb, enjoy your auntie. How fun she sounds. You are in line for some happy time.

See ya later, gators!

quilter.martha
November 30th, 2011, 06:02 PM
Afternoon to you all. I've enjoyed reading all your doings. I really get a kick out of reading everyone's posts. You all are special, did you know that?

I've been so horribly busy this week--I don't really enjoy being this crazy. Haven't sat down to my sewing machine in over a week now. Haven't even gotten to try out a new lamp I got at Joanne's on black Friday--one of those Ott lamps. I'm hoping it will allow me to do some sewing in the evenings. Oh well, my turn will come again.

My mother is in a downward spiral now. She is totally bed ridden and her pain meds have been increased 2 times now. She is at the stage of sleeping most of the time. We think her time is short. I find it very hard to be so far away from the family, and to put it simply, I have no real interest in Christmas preparations. So if you say a prayer for me and my family it would be greatly appreciated!

Love to you all.

janluna
November 30th, 2011, 06:52 PM
Hi everyone, Martha I will pray for your Mom to have an easy transition. And for you, for your pain and sorrow to be lifted. God is good, He will take care of you both. Love you Sweetie.
Prayers have been non stop today as we wait for Emily's blood work to be done. She is in good spirits and has decided not to worry about anything as what ever happens it is for a reason. She is truly a gift! Love and prayers to you all, Hugs, Jan L.

MRoy
November 30th, 2011, 10:10 PM
Martha and Jan...you and your families are in my prayers. Bubby, your aunt sounds like my DH's aunt. She turned 90 last month and still comes and goes as she pleases.

Hump day is about over and it's downhill now to the weekend. Have a great evening everyone!