PDA

View Full Version : Slow Start to Saturday

MayinJerset
April 30th, 2016, 12:17 PM
Nothing much happening today, need to do a few things outside and then I think DH and I should get into the car and drive somewhere. Shrubs and trees are blooming so a back roads drive should be very nice, stopping somewhere for a meal would be good too. Hope everyone has some good plans for the day.

Bubby
April 30th, 2016, 12:30 PM
Morning May & Everyone,

Jeff is gone on his weekend turkey hunting trip and, of course, that's the exact time one of our apartments flooded. I spent part of the day in Cuba yesterday with the plumber. Monday they will start cutting out walls, making repairs and replacing drywall. This qualifies as a nightmare. Jeff is out of reach on his phone and he won't be back home until tomorrow. I can only do what I can do.

It's cloudy and drizzling rain - the perfect day to sew. I'm cooking chicken breasts for the Girls and I may bake them a batch of biscuits after that.

Wishing everyone a restful weekend...stay safe.

mischiefkat
April 30th, 2016, 02:07 PM
So sorry for the flooding. I have had this happen several times. It's no fun. Will pray for quick and dramaless repairs. Kathy

grammaterry
April 30th, 2016, 03:17 PM
A drive would be nice. I drive 45min each way to work. It along beautiful mountain roads with a river running along side. I love watching the changes every day.

Grandma Nan
April 30th, 2016, 11:50 PM
Late to the party today for sure. I had a very productive day outdoors. I feel so blessed. This is the first in three years that I have really felt like doing the Spring thing. Feeling really on top of the world this year. I cut the grass this morning and pulled a few weeds. Then went to buy some plants, a pyramid cedar and some boxwoods. We went to the butcher got some BBQ kabobs and veggie kabobs for dinner.
While DH bbq'd the food (he has an extremely bad back right now, shuffling around like an old man) I put out the hose reels for the summer. After dinner, I put out 1 step grass seed on the edges of the driveway and an overall over seeding of the grass. It was still light out so I planted the boxwoods and the cedar (forecasting rain for the next two days). Phewwwww!!! What a sense of accomplishment I had and now I can't move- tomorrow will be a quiet day and I really hope rainy for the seed and the new plants.