PDA

View Full Version : Night of the Living Night Owl

kimsophia
April 30th, 2016, 01:37 AM
Well hoot hoot! What's up? No stitching here today as I worked on pulling weeds and digging volunteer trees while my buddy mowed the yard. How are you?

Neller
April 30th, 2016, 01:50 AM
Hi Kimsophia and all who follow! No sewing for me either, I started reading a good book instead. Yesterday I went to my first quilt guild meeting and had a good time. It's nice to meet other quilters. There were so many talented people there! Tomorrow I need to get started on my Secret Santa presents for March and April. It would be good to have one of them done before the May theme is announced. I hope you all have a good weekend!

stationarymom
April 30th, 2016, 02:15 AM
Hello Night Owls I guess it was the day for no sewing.My girlfriend was home from work again so I spent the day with her ,then when my DH came home we went out for dinner.I'm trying to figure out how to get the puppy to stop pulling my shrubs apart.When he goes out if he is alone he goes right to the shrubs and breaks branches off and runs around like he has the best toy in the world any ideas?

MayinJerset
April 30th, 2016, 04:26 AM
Joining the Night Owls tonight, by the time I went to the bathroom and then got a drink I was wide awake. No sewing for me either, got some house cleaning done and dinner for 3 as DS#1 was coming over.

Hope it's nice out tomorrow as I have a few plants that need to be taken care of. Front of house looks nice as the azaleas are coming into bloom, guess Spring is finally here in Jersey.

oldsewer
April 30th, 2016, 04:34 AM
No sewing for me either, and it seems like I didn't accomplish any thing. But surely I did something! Maybe tomorrow (today) will be more productive.
Joan, for the puppy, have a toy - stick shaped - that he can carry when he is outside. Only let him have it when he is outside so it is new and exciting each time. That might distract him. Maybe he needs more play time, or maybe he is teething? Sharon

Carol336
April 30th, 2016, 07:23 AM
No sewing here either- attended the funeral of our beloved past pastor....he was 92 and had been pastor of our church for 36 years, retiring in 1992, but still serving as Pastor Emeritus. Needless to say there wasn't a enough seats for the huge crowd, nor a dry eye in the house.

Came home from that and finished getting ready for our community yard/craft sale today. As soon as I finish my coffee, I'm headed down to the garage to pull it all outside and start selling!!!

Have a great Saturday everyone

Patsquilting
April 30th, 2016, 08:36 AM
No sewing for me - trying to pack up house for a move. Have 4 weeks left to closing on selling house and buying house. UGH looking forward to new home!

KarenC
April 30th, 2016, 08:41 AM
Seems to be the theme. No sewing for me either. Visiting mom for the weekend. Got lots of yard work done, hooefukky, I can get some planting done today before the rain comes.

Claire Hallman
April 30th, 2016, 11:13 AM
No sewing for me - trying to pack up house for a move. Have 4 weeks left to closing on selling house and buying house. UGH looking forward to new home!

I feel your pain, we have 3 weeks until the moving van arrives.:lol:

You could try putting moth balls around the bushes or spraying them with something, maybe pepper spray or ammonia water.

toggpine
April 30th, 2016, 12:09 PM
Not much night owling being done around here lately. We are still battling the stickies here. Em is on her second round of antibiotics for her ear/sinus infection. This go her ears hurt, bad enough to keep her from wearing her hearing aids. Thankfully, not both at the same time!
I'm also trying to catch up on the PTA stuff that I was supposed to be working on while on my trip. Family drama seemed to keep that from happening. I hate playing catch up like that. It seems as if when that happens, there is so much else that piles on that I may never get back on top of it. Hopefully, I can get everything back on track this weekend.
Have a good one! C