PDA

View Full Version : It's Friday, it's Friday

Monique
April 29th, 2016, 08:08 AM
Good morning dear friends. Not much going on around here. Went to town yesterday with Les and he was rooting through his Mom's shed. He found some treasures, two square metal wash tubs, 3 large wooded crates, a smaller wooden box, a little wagon that he realized his father had made. There are still two metal milk cans and who knows what other treasures are buried there.

Today I see the surgeon. I am not holding out a whole lot of hope. Then it is off to the fabric store.

I mailed off the mermaid tail blanket and a little sun dress to Maizyn yesterday. I told her last night she had to call me when she got it. She will be so excited.

So that's it for me. Have a great day and a great weekend everyone and don't forget to SMILE because Blondie wants you to.

redcaboose1717
April 29th, 2016, 08:24 AM
Will keep you in my prayers today when you see the surgeon.......((( hugs)))

MSUfan
April 29th, 2016, 09:43 AM
Happy Friday! Best of luck at your appointment. I, myself, had a bilateral mastectomy almost six years ago after a breast cancer diagnosis. I was fortunate in that my medical team was completely supportive in my decision.

Cathy F
April 29th, 2016, 09:43 AM
Morning all,
Monique, I hope you get a favorable answer that you're looking for.

Not much new in my neck of the woods so to speak. Finished my binding on the snowballed pinwheel so another one crossed off the UFO list. I've signed up for a couple of classes in May at my local quilt shop and looking forward to those. Two are an embroidered project one of which will be a "long" term one which may be over my head, we'll see. Still have one more Christmas quilt to do for one of the grandkids but I have two ready to be quilted so I think I'm making good progress especially since my middle name is procrastination!

Have to run a few errands today one of which is picking up some fabric (can you see me smiling!) so off for a cup of coffee and then to get my day started. Hugs to all who may be under the weather or just could use a few extra today.

Mom23
April 29th, 2016, 09:48 AM
I've been lurking but not posting as much lately. Trying to spend more time being productive and downsizing my stash. That being said, I have to share my news. I got a new sewing machine yesterday!! I've had a Janome Heart sewing machine for traveling but it just isn't what I need it to be so I would drag my heavy Janome 6600 with me. I want the thread cutter, knee lift and stop/go button. Yesterday a quilt shop in our area had a sale and I traded for a Janome Skyline S5. It had to be ordered so I won't get it until next week. We are gone most of May so I won't get to break it in until June. Last night I watched several videos on YouTube, then couldn't sleep because I was so excited.

My daughter's bridal shower is this weekend and I am hosting three of her former college roommates overnightn. I've just about got the house ready. Will mow this afternoon when the grass dries a little more. Tonight it's dinner with friends. Sunday it's supposed to rain. A day of rest will be good for me.

Monique, good luck at your surgeon appointment today. You are so good to your sweet Maizyn. She is lucky to have such a wonderful grandma, and you are lucky to be such an important person in her life.

Blessings to All!

WendyI
April 29th, 2016, 10:06 AM
Morning all...It IS Friday and I am very much looking forward to a nice long weekend. I start full-time hours on Monday but have some holidays to use up so I am taking Monday's off for the months of May and June. Having friends over for dinner and cards tonight so will rush home at 2 to do some final house keeping and mopping of floors and then start prepping dinner before they arrive. I hope I have the energy to enjoy myself! I've been so tired lately after work! Have to remember to pick up a bottle of wine on the way home!

This weekend I was hoping to change out the winter tires on my car for my summer tires but looks like we may have some rain in the forecast so will have to see if I can manage in between rain drops. Never did manage to get into my quilt room...had a migraine all last weekend...so will try again on Saturday. Got my income tax refund so I'm going to buy myself a new washing machine. The one my landlord provided is crap.

Well off to get some work done. Sending lots of warm hugs and love to those who need them as usual...take extras if you need to! xoxox

mischiefkat
April 29th, 2016, 10:27 AM
Good Morning All,
Hoping to get to J's today. Looking for some backing for the Yellow Brick Road I finished. Think it's going to be a dusty green. We'll see. Have to get a new coffee pot today,old one died before it brewed this morning. How unthinkable is that. So DH had to run to the convenient for a couple coffees to get us going this morning.
Then I have my DGS's this afternoon,pick them up from school,fix them supper. Momma is working late tonight. It will be a nice evening.
Well going to get going before DH gets back,and I'm not ready,lots of errands today.
Monique prayers for good outcome at the dr's. lots of (((( HUGS)))) to all. Kathy

MayinJerset
April 29th, 2016, 06:23 PM
Took a brief look at the forum this morning but got involved in other stuff and before I knew it it's 5pm. DS#1 invited himself over for dinner tonight. We'll eat earlier than usual as he gets here after work about 6pm and he's hungry. Will start the baked potatoes in a few minutes, add the stuffed chicken breasts a bit, zap some mixed veggies and we're all set.

Monique hope you had good news at docs today.

JCY
April 29th, 2016, 09:46 PM
I was busy this a.m. DH had his annual physical today. It was a new dr., so he was a bit apprehensive about that. Now we're waiting on blood test results. Probably won't know till Mon. at the earliest. One test was a send-out that will take 5-7 days.

I had time to sew this afternoon. I finished all the applique & blocks for the COC quilt. I have the blocks laid out on the floor & will contemplate placement before I start sewing them together.

We've had a rain/snow mix all day. No accumulation here, but several inches out on the eastern Plains & in the mts. I'm sure glad I got that fertilizer spread before the moisture came. It will get a good soaking in.

Well, The Amazing Race is on a few min., so I need to cook my supper. I hope everyone has a good week end.

Ginny B
April 29th, 2016, 11:43 PM
Yes!! Friday! And a long weekend for me and hubby. Heading to CT for a relaxing weekend at a B & B to celebrate our 13th anniversary. Not sure what we will do while we are there. Maybe a few antique shops, maybe a stop at Hobby Lobby. For sure we will have a few wonderful meals and a beautiful view to wake up to and no stress.

See you all next week. :icon_wave: