PDA

View Full Version : Thursday good morning good morning

Monique
April 28th, 2016, 08:17 AM
I hope y'all had a good day yesterday. I had a very quiet day. Laundry and such, was a great day to hang outside. But holy moly it was cold out. These temperatures better start rising and soon. I finished two UFOs. One a handbag, but I need my friend to sew around the top on her industrial machine, just too many layers to get through. The other was a dress for Maizyn, for the life of me, I could not get a zipper in, so a hook and eye was used instead. Gee willikers! I also finished to placemat I had to fix. I never did get out to the greenhouse yesterday. Maybe today. Tomorrow I go see a female surgeon and discuss the removal of my remaining breast. Maybe she will be more sympathetic to the cause. And then I also need to get more fleece as I was asked to make a mermaid tail blanket.

It is a sunny start to the day today. Let's hope it is a little warmer.

Have a great day everyone and don't forget to SMILE. If you are walking in public, smile and look up to the sky and see how many people are going to look up to see what you are smiling about. LOL!!

ceiliam
April 28th, 2016, 08:35 AM
Sending positive thoughts your way Monique. Zippers sometimes are a beast. I went to my sister's retirement party from the university, was extremely nice. My sweet brother in law bought her a really nice 2nd babylock to take when she goes places.
It has really been raining here temps have gone from 80s to low 60s. Cold here for this time of year.
Tuesday was the final class for me at university, just have final. Would love to have this class to go lots longer. Would have never thought that when I went to college years ago.
I am going to help with Moms humanitarian project, then off to open sew at university. The teacher is going to be in class room said people could come in. I am going I. To help one of the kids, get her quilt she designed and pieced put together and help her with Quilting. I really hadn't planned on going in but the student asked me to come and help her. I hope everyone has a great job

Carol336
April 28th, 2016, 08:55 AM
Good morning all.

Wow Monique - it sounds like you have a very productive day yesterday - hip hip horay!!! Sending good thoughts and prayers for a positive outcome with your dr today.

Celliam - isn't it funny how our mind set changes with a little maturity. I attended High School for the sheer social aspect of it and couldn't have cared less about my grades. Then years later when I took a few college courses I loved every minute of every class and studied like a maniac to get an A in all of them.

Spent the day yesterday pricing my "slightly used" items for our community yard/craft sale coming up on Saturday morning. All I have left to do is price my bags and totes for the craft table.

Looks to be chilly and rainy here today - ugh!!!

Have a great day everyone

MRoy
April 28th, 2016, 08:56 AM
Good morning! It's raining here and we had storms with hail late yesterday afternoon. I hope to get the borders sewn on a donation quilt today. It's a rail fence diamond quilt made with batik strips that Hoffman Batiks gave to our guild. Having some donated fabric on hand helps with our charity projects. Guild members are going to Whittle's Fabrics tomorrow to look for fabric for our next raffle quilt. I'm looking forward to the trip.

Bubby
April 28th, 2016, 09:11 AM
Morning Everyone,

Our storms are gone for now but they are predicting more over the weekend. For now I'm enjoying this gorgeous weather.

I have all the pieces cut for another modern quilt. I got a package from M* yesterday with a darling layer cake called Bee Creative. It seems I'm in a bee mode right now. I will have some time alone this weekend and I want to spend it sewing.

Monique, good luck with your doctor appointment.

Wishing everyone a sweet Thursday.....

MayinJerset
April 28th, 2016, 09:15 AM
Feeling good this morning and plan shopping and other errands today. Yesterday I fell into a funk and nothing much got accomplished so it's catch up time today.

Monique hope for the best news from your female doc.

Celliam - After working in the academic area of a college and also being an 'older' student I can attest that the older and/or returning students are better motivated, contribute more and get the most out of their classes than the younger students.

mischiefkat
April 28th, 2016, 09:55 AM
Good Morning All,
We were up early and did the Wally for our monthly stuff. Oh Lord, how I hate to shop.If it wasn't for DH, I would do without before going to the Wally. I did walk through the fabrics,no Creative Grids rulers there,just Fiskers. I think some sewing will be my goal today. I have a YBR in progress,and I managed to sew one set of squares on the short side of the big square.So I took the stitching out several days ago,just need to put it back together correctly,and sew the squares together. Other than that all is well here. Warm all ready. We have nice weather Feb, Mar, some of Apr, then it's like someone turns up the heat, and that's it till Oct or so. But then that's Fla. Everybody have a great day. Hugs and prayers to those who need them.Good reports from MD appointments. Kathy

dwil23
April 28th, 2016, 10:05 AM
Good Morning all!

Yes, Kathy - that is Florida! - the heat has been turned on. I drove DS car yesterday and the air doesn't work - I was wiped out when I got home. Hope to get some energy back today, so far, so good. But, then back to work tonight. :(

Monique, I hope you hear what you want to hear today. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. I got "the call" yesterday. My surgery is set for Monday the 16th. Three pre-op appts before that - one with each doctor and then the hospital. I also got a call from the ortho doctor cancelling my knee appt next Wednesday. My Dr is the team doc for the Tampa Bay Lightning and they will be on the road, so he won't be in town. Just as well, I guess, I couldn't do anything about my knee at this point anyway. Speaking of the Lightning, not sure what happened to them last night! DS got up and went to bed at the end of the 2nd period.

So....guess I better get a move on - lots to do and no time to do it in before the 16th. We thought for sure they would tell us that we were cutting back to 5 days a week at work, but, no keep on keeping on, was what we were told. The extra $ will be very useful when I am out of work for 6 weeks, so off to work I go....

Hope everyone has a Blessed day - stay safe if storms are in your area today.

mischiefkat
April 28th, 2016, 10:19 AM
Oh, so sorry to hear your air is out. Kathy

Grandma Nan
April 28th, 2016, 10:49 AM
I am hoping to work on some of those UFOs today Monique. I am in a round robin type exchange with one of the guilds I belong to and so I need to get my row done for that. We exchange our things at the end of May but I don't like to leave it too late in case something happens and I don't get it done. I don't want to be the one who hasn't finished their share of the work.

Nice and sunny here but believe me Donna if your air conditioner didn't work here it wouldn't be a big deal cause it is still way chilly here. I wish we had a little bit of your heat, our Spring has been slow coming. Good luck on your surgery.

Monique I will be thinking of you tomorrow- hope you get the answers you are looking for.

I am going out with some of my friends from "Pampered Chef" (I used to sell it) for dinner tonight. Looking forward to that for sure.

I hope everyone has a safe and productive or relaxing day-depends on what you want- I hope you get it.

SewnByBee
April 28th, 2016, 11:09 AM
Monique, wishing you well, and a blessed Dr. visit. You stay positive and strong, hopeful, and focused, and determined, on what you need to do here, in this situation....... My cousin, had BC, Dr only removed a portion, cause insurance wouldn't agree to do reconstructive. Well, two or three years latter, they found, it had came back. I can't believe , she, had to get cancer twice to have the option to remove them, and get some new ones. It brakes my heart. She is better now, THANK GOD. She is a single mom. Her daughter is only 7.
I'm sharing this in hopes, we will all be more aware, aggressive, proactive in our health, and insurance options.
(((( HUGS )))) , Prayers, positive thoughts to YOU MONIIQUE ♡ ♡ ♡

I have had a hard week.
I , over did it. so I've been Paying for it , ....lol �� �� ��
I think, I need a misuse.....a message, might settle down these muscle spasms...... there so painful.....I can't stand my self, right now. My sweet hair stylist, had told me a while back, that she knows a lady, who will come out to me at my house.......which, would be a BIG help, because I don't drive.
(The vision issue ) . I hope she will......

I was trying, to get some more cleaning out done. We are only weeks away from the arrival of our grandson. I know I will be spending a lot of time there, so, I would like to be done , with this stuff here, first.....so I can focus on them.

Hope you all have a grate day.

......129793 129794 ....lol.

JCY
April 28th, 2016, 11:28 AM
Morning! Cloudy here & 40 deg. Cool weather predicted for the rest of the week with chance of rain and/or snow showers. I took advantage of the cooler weather yest. to spread fertilizer on the lawn & hand watered some of the flower beds. My flower beds have so many weeds! I need to put quilting aside & get some yard work done, but it will have to wait for warmer weather & no rain. The dandelions are popping up everywhere! We have a big yard. The older I get, the harder it is to keep up. (DH hasn't been able to help with the yard for several yrs.) I'd rather be sewing! This will be the 4th season we're used a lawn service. The weekly mowing cost is reasonable. The spring & fall clean-ups are more expensive, as they charge by the man hour. I used to do it all, but with increased caregiving responsibilities, we now hire some of the work done.

The church baby shower is over; I can return to the COC quilt I'm working on. I'm in the process of appliqueing the circle 4-patches on to the blocks. I'm using the EZ Quilter circle cut ruler. I have to draw the lines, then cut with the scissors, which takes longer. Neither of the Olfa rotary cutters I bought will work. I do not fold the fabric in half. I draw one side, turn the block, then draw the other half of the circle. It's more accurate that way. Anyway, it's coming along. I hope to get some sewing done today.

Happy Thursday to everyone.

toggpine
April 28th, 2016, 11:53 AM
It has been a busy week catching up on all that was left behind for those 10 days. Today is Reading Is Fundamental (RIF) day at the school. I get to be there all day handing out books to the kids. Much fun to see them pick books of their very own. Then I have after school sewing class. Somewhere in there I am supposed to be putting the finishing work on Teacher Appreciation Week for the PTA. Friday the decorations are supposed to go up, hmmm. I might need to finish those....

Gotta run! I'm going to need my coffee this morning for sure!

WendyI
April 28th, 2016, 02:44 PM
I'm late getting in here today holy! Meetings, testing, meetings, meetings! An I have another one in 20 minutes to talk to my boss...wish me luck!

Monique, hope things go (went?) well with your doctor. Take care.

All this weather bouncing around out there is wreaking havoc on my poor head. I'm all fuzzy and mildly headachey...feels like allergies but I don't really have allergies...it's def. weather related. Hoping it will all settle down because I have a lot to do today when I get home! Having a dinner party tomorrow so have to get the house tidied and there's a few big jobs that MUST get done so it's going to be a busy night.

Hoping to also get into my sewing room this weekend and get started on the baby quilts. again, wish me luck!

Sending love and hugs to those who need them... you know who you are! xox

judimccl
April 30th, 2016, 05:35 PM
Hopefully this new surgeon will be more sympathetic. When I developed breast cancer I was lucky enough to be referred to a wonderful female surgeon who totally understood my feeling about having a double mastectomy. I told her they came in as a set and they would leave as a set, plus the main thing was I didn't want to have to worry about developing cancer in the breast that was left. She totally agreed and got the insurance company to okay it. Unfortunately, my SIL has been battling breast cancer for 7+ years, and they are keeping her in remission so far, but no surgery. Just recently they discovered another tumor in her breast and are recommending she have a mastectomy, but said if there are no problems with the other breast the insurance company will not okay a double mastectomy. I find that just totally unacceptable! Anyway, if removal of the other breast is what you want, I will say prayers for you in your endeavor. :icon_wave: