PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday, on our way to the end of the week

Monique
April 26th, 2016, 08:02 AM
And the month. Good morning friends. It is a cloudy one today. Yesterday, Les and I fixed the back snow fence. It was a simple job but one that needed to get done. Laundry got washed and hung outside for the first time this year.

I cooked a big lunch yesterday because Les was staying with the Momma last night, so he brought her a plate last night. Well, the meat wasn't cooked enough and was tough, so she says. I think Les was the one who was more insulted than I was. He got pretty angry with her. She ate the mashed potatoes and carrots. The problem these days is she forgets to swallow so she is like a chipmunk, filling her cheeks. Not sure what to send today.

I also made Maizyn a mermaid tail blanket, which I posted in Show and Tell if you care to take a look, and I also put the link there for the pattern. It was relatively easy to make and did not take too long. I think she will be gaga over it.

I was on facebook after dinner and lo and behold, there is a Featherweight for $50 on one of the yard sale sites. So I contact Nancy to see if she is interested. I would have, but I already have two and don't need a 3rd. Long story short, it's hers. She can finish the story. And yes, I am an enabler.

So this morning I have physio. We will see how this plays out. I personally don't feel that physio is going to help. I will let you know on that front.

Prayers going out to those in need. Have a great day friends. AND SMILE even if it is for no reason.

songbird857
April 26th, 2016, 08:22 AM
Good morning :)
Monique, I'm going to pop over to show and tell in a minute - the mermaid tail blanket sounds adorable! Praying for Les' mom...

I found out that the treadle singer in my FIL's house in Portugal is a 201K - we will try to have it shipped over at some point!

Lots of planning and cleaning, replacing flooring, painting and such, that will go on into the summer. First room will be FIL's old room, the carpet is quite icky in there...
But first - today - taking DD to school, visiting a friend, and cleaning...
I hope everyone has a great day today :)

WendyI
April 26th, 2016, 10:09 AM
Had a really bad day yesterday. My ex showed up after work with all my things from storage using his girlfriends truck. So I hid in my room and cried for two hours. It was also his night with Liam so I spent the evening alone. I couldn't bring myself to go through the boxes he brought. Apparently there are 6 or 7 left so I will have to go through this again on Wednesday and whenever he brings those that he can't fit in his car. Then just have to get my name off the trailer loan and get through grade 8 grad for Liam and I can be done with having to deal with him at least until high school graduation. Sure hope by then I will have healed enough to be able to cope.

Today I feel stable but tired...I find crying to be so exhausting. Nothing else new. Having some friends over for cards or board games on Friday night and dinner so I'm trying to look forward to that.

Thinking of you all and sending warm hugs to those who need them. xox

ceiliam
April 26th, 2016, 10:26 AM
Monique sometimes as people age tact is one of the first things to go. I am beyond blessed my 90 year old mom is in wonderful health(for someone her age.) I hope I can be as swet ad kind as she is at her age. Got to check out your quilt. Songbird you are busy will be a great house.
Wendy I am so sorry you are going thru this, on the other hand you are getting your Quilting stuff. Make a quilt and think positive thoughts. It's my last class day at university we have a fashion show. Not so sure about this old lady modeling.
The final is Tuesday. I have so loved this class sorry to see it end. Hope everyone has a wonderful day. Cecelia

JCY
April 26th, 2016, 11:22 AM
Sunny right now., which is a surprise. It was cloudy & sprinkling earlier. Had a thunderstorm last night. The first lightning of the spring. Much cooler weather expected this week. It's been snowing in the mts. I-80 between Laramie & Cheyenne was closed this a.m. due to snow & black ice.

Today is the church baby shower. I have my 4 gift bags of quilts ready to go -- 3 boys, 1 girl. Every baby at our church gets a shower, whether it's #1 or #5. We're being served lunch today, which will be a treat. We hold the baby showers only 3-4 times a year, so I'll have a reprieve for a while to work on other projects. I made a start last week on a COC for a man, but had to set it aside to get ready for today. I also want to get the Carolina Chain sandwiched & quilted.

I saw on Amazon that Angela Walters has a new FMQ book coming out soon. It's available for pre-order, but I'll wait a bit. I find her books very user friendly, with easy instructions & lots of pattern ideas. I've used quite a few of her quilting patterns.

A good Tuesday to all.

geegeequilts
April 26th, 2016, 02:25 PM
Wendy

Don't let your EX get you down. He's not worth the red puffy eyes & headache. Think of more positive things & don't let him have ANY power over you. Now, get to quilting & get to your "I don't need him in my life" happy place.

Gina

judimccl
April 26th, 2016, 10:11 PM
So sorry you are having to go through this Wendy. I went through it after 25 years of being married, but I had finally reached the point that I didn't like the person I saw when I looked in the mirror, and realized I had to get out for MYSELF. we all have to deal with it in our own way, and it definitely takes time. I never knew I had that many tears in me! 15 years after I left, I still cried when my niece called to let me know he had passed away. Special hugs being sent for you! :icon_wave:

KarenC
April 26th, 2016, 10:45 PM
A busy day at work today. Came home and wrapped wedding gifts for a niece. Need to go to LA this weekend and drop off a carload of packages to different family members. Wendy, I hope you start feeling better soon. After 28 years of marriage and almost 7 of divorce now, I still find it hard once and awhile. There are so many reasons for us not to be together anymore, but it doesn't remove the love that is/was there, even though I know it's over. I went to a divorce support group at my church after 5 years. It was good to be able to talk to others going through some of the same struggles. Sending hugs and prayers for your healing.