PDA

View Full Version : What is with blondes and news ?

Hulamoon
April 25th, 2016, 11:30 PM
I was a natural blonde once. But what is with all these fake blondes on the news lately? I turned on the news and there was three on the panel. It's creepy. lol

shirleyknot
April 25th, 2016, 11:42 PM
Blonds have more fun?

GrammaBabs
April 26th, 2016, 12:14 AM
Not creepy at all for the "MEN"...LOL
I am a greying brunette and not coloring cause i've earned EVERY one of these greys...:icon_razz:

jjkaiser
April 26th, 2016, 12:52 AM
Well I saw something even crazier on tv. Our local PBS station recently had a week-long fundraising drive. The woman from the station that was trying to raise money had a half and half haircut. It was so weird looking. Half of her hair was chin length and the other half of her hair was not shaved but pixie short, about an inch long. It was weird seeing that on public television. I have some seen one more person on TV with that style. Strange! That is one hairdo I hope does not catch on!!

quiltsRfun
April 26th, 2016, 02:29 AM
Well I saw something even crazier on tv. Our local PBS station recently had a week-long fundraising drive. The woman from the station that was trying to raise money had a half and half haircut. It was so weird looking. Half of her hair was chin length and the other half of her hair was not shaved but pixie short, about an inch long. It was weird seeing that on public television. I have some seen one more person on TV with that style. Strange! That is one hairdo I hope does not catch on!!
I've seen a few with one side shaved and one side long. I'm afraid it's a new "thing" with hair.

bubba
April 26th, 2016, 02:35 AM
I would do that!!! Well, if my head weren't so large :(

Iris Girl
April 26th, 2016, 06:21 AM
I had a boss many years ago that had that haircut when the Asymetrical first came out, looked good on her.

Vonnie
April 26th, 2016, 08:30 AM
I was a natural blonde once. But what is with all these fake blondes on the news lately? I turned on the news and there was three on the panel. It's creepy. lol

I saw a well dressed lady the other day. She turned around and I thought she had a big hairy spider on the crown of her head - nope - just her roots showing!

Iris Girl
April 26th, 2016, 08:47 AM
I saw a well dressed lady the other day. She turned around and I thought she had a big hairy spider on the crown of her head - nope - just her roots showing!

I probably looked like that when I was growing my gray out. After coloring my hair since i had been about 14, last year at age 54 I decided was time to grow it out and see how much gray I really had. It is totally gray with some amounts of my natural brunette and even some nice silvery white. Am I sorry? Nope not at all Have gotten used to the gray and don't miss the every 3 week bottle routine of coloring. I have been every color you can imagine over the years but never blonde. I don't have the right skin tone for blonde.

Sandy Navas
April 26th, 2016, 09:12 AM
Assymetrical (typo intentional) - men did this for years allowing for hideous comb-overs, before they realized that bald was sexy. Some women are just trying to catch up. (Did you ever go swimming with a guy who had a serious comb-over?)

TMP
April 26th, 2016, 09:24 AM
I am a dyed blond and my granddaughter told me my hair was really nasty and I needed to wash it when she saw my roots growing out.

Jean Sewing Machine
April 26th, 2016, 10:23 AM
I'm a bottle blonde and proud of it! If it weren't blonde, it would be an icky patchy grey!

ceiliam
April 26th, 2016, 10:33 AM
Am blonde not dyed will be 65 in Dec, sure there is grey and white in there, just doesn't show. My mom is 90 and still is blonde, great genes. I think if the dying is done right and kept up can look great. As far as shaved head 1/2 long is going to be a bear growing out lol

Hulamoon
April 26th, 2016, 11:07 AM
I used to dye mine using those bags you put on your head and pull strands out for highlighting. My stepdd would do it for me. So the last time she say's auntie this doesn't seem right, it's watery. Well I looked like a blonde lepopard. I had to go in for a reverse highlighting lol

From my orginal comment it wasn't against blondes. It's all these ladies on political shows. I just need a break I think.