PDA

View Full Version : Too early for night owl......

Ginny B
April 25th, 2016, 11:20 PM
......way too late for an early bird. But I haven't been able to get here early and I am usually tired and heading to bed before night owl time. It's been a busy time in Ginny-land for sure. Since we are selling the house in Brooklyn, on weekends, I have been going through things there and packing things up or putting them aside to donate or getting rid of them. Of course, since some things are coming to this house (actually some already have), it means I need to reorganize and purge some things here too so during the week, that's been keeping me busy. Then while taking a bit of time to browse around here, I read about people reorganizing their stash and their sewing rooms. Of course, I started thinking about how I could set my sewing room up differently and started pulling that room apart too. What a mess it is right now!! But it will be great when I'm done. I did manage to get a little library book tote bag made for our grandson's 6th birthday party this past weekend. Other than that, no sewing happening. Truth be told, I couldn't even get to my sewing machine to use it at this point.

This weekend, dh and I are going away for a few days of r & r. It's our 13th anniversary tomorrow and we just need a little "us" time. I am going to try and have my sewing room put back together before we leave here on Saturday morning. I do a bit of work in the morning before work and then after dinner I head back in there for a while. So, if you don't see me around for a bit, no worries, I'm just moving things here and there and will emerge when I get it just right. Or at least just right for now until I change my mind down the road a piece.

I am really going to try to be done with it before this weekend because the following weekend my sister and I will both actually be in Brooklyn together and we hope to get a lot accomplished.

Time to go through a few more magazines before heading to bed. I came across craft and decorating magazines from 1996!

Sleep well everyone.

stationarymom
April 26th, 2016, 02:00 AM
Isn't it amazing to see how much stuff you have in a house that you didn't realize you had.I'm like you I start with the intention of doing one room then end up in another and maybe even another.I hope you get all your things organized and will be able to find and use your machine again.I bet it misses you.
Happy 13th Anniversary! enjoy your r&r with your Dh

toggpine
April 26th, 2016, 02:58 AM
Long day here.
Something is wrong with the car. We have water leaking in from somewhere. It is filling the columns along the front of the windshield frame. Then it is leaking out and all over the seat, floor and door. I even had water coming out of the two screws in the sun visor mount. Ugh! The car peed on me all morning.

I had to take Em to the doctor for her ear ache today. The sinus infection we had while away should have come with a steroid to dry it up, but no. So Emily's turned into an ear infection and the left ear jumped the drum and has inflamed the ear canal. So, back on the antibiotics with steroids, and ear drops at night. Those are supposed to be three times a day, but the solution will turn her hearing aid ear moulds from soft silicone to brittle plastic, so only at night it is.
We had to wait in the reception area for 75 minutes and another 15 in the room. Ugh. Then all of the Target pharmacies are changing to CVS pharmacies. Another delay while they sorted out tech problems. We finally made it home about 5:30. Crazy!
I'm having trouble staying awake, so I'm off to my nest. I'll try to get stuff done tomorrow. Yeah right!!!
Hugs, C

bubba
April 26th, 2016, 03:58 AM
Cathy, do you ever get the rx filled at Costco? I used to get Tyler's there because he was not on our plan and it was the cheapest place to be found. You do not have to be a Costco member to access their pharmacy (or snack bar!).

I'm about ready to head to the doctor with what is probably the same stuff myself. I was fine on Thursday and woke up Friday morning sick. Can't be near MM when I have something like this because of his compromised immune system, so we have hardly seen each other except when he walked past the couch, and that was only if I was awake! My ear started hurting on and off tonight, along with wheezing. I was going to give it one more day and that will be tomorrow and I will decide then. I slept fantastic last night, but I took two codeine before I went to bed. I knew that is a good cough suppressant, but forgot it makes me nauseous and I forgot to take one of my antipuke pills with them, so woke up sicker than a dog at 0400. I was able to go back to bed and slept till almost noon!

I needed a hug so bad that I covered myself with a blanket and walked out to MM looking like Cousin It. He laughed at me and gave me my hug, so I was happy. Hope your girl starts feeling better!

toggpine
April 26th, 2016, 11:46 AM
Pat, don't wait. Go now.
It only gets worse, and it takes long enough to get over as it is.

bubba
April 26th, 2016, 04:21 PM
Pat, don't wait. Go now.
It only gets worse, and it takes long enough to get over as it is.

It was only in my lungs, but somehow during the night, it snuck up into my head. Taking sinus meds now :(