PDA

View Full Version : One Week From Today.

auntiemern
April 25th, 2016, 10:19 PM
I will be arriving in Macon, GA....for the night, with the DD and DGK's. That will leave us but a mere 5-6 hrs from Kissimmee, where we will be staying for the week, to enjoy our time at Disney World. DD has the entire itinerary worked out. I am hoping to have a great time at "the happiest place on earth". I know we have 2 booked dinners, and the rest of the meals she has planned out as well. (we will see) I know it is gonna kick my butt, both physically and mentally....DD and I can only spend so much time together, lol (2 alphas don't mix well for long periods) I will be using a motorized cart to get me around in the parks though, so that will save my feet and lungs. (although the humidity is gonna be hard) Anyway, I am gonna try my very hardest to have a good time. How can you not at Disney ?
I will get to meet up with Blondie's daughter Sarah, and KCGrammie (Karen Caswell) from the forum. I can't wait to meet up with them. Sarah of course has a special place in my heart, just as her momma does.
Karen will be able to fill me in first hand, with the details of her cruise with Jenny and Lynn Haggemier. I am looking as forward to meeting up with them, as my entire trip.

K. McEuen
April 25th, 2016, 10:50 PM
Oh crap! I have got to go to the post office tomorrow and ship priority then. Your vacation crept up on me.

Judy, USMC
April 25th, 2016, 11:09 PM
Pm'd you. Very good idea to get that motorized cart. We were at the complex for a week just after Steve had his bypass and by day 4 he finally agreed to a push wheelchair. Epcot has some pretty good hills and I had a bit of trouble getting him up a few of them.

The expressions on the kids faces will be priceless ... Hope you have both family and forum friends fun!

Hulamoon
April 25th, 2016, 11:21 PM
You will have so much fun! Chairs go to the front of the line. Just do the mellow stuff, at least one or two. I loved Animal Kingdom. The ride thtough the park and shows were really nice. There is so much to do without the excertion. If you skip rides you could spend a week there. I'm not into rides, just how well the whole place is so pretty and happy. lol

auntiemern
April 25th, 2016, 11:51 PM
You will have so much fun! Chairs go to the front of the line. Just do the mellow stuff, at least one or two. I loved Animal Kingdom. The ride thtough the park and shows were really nice. There is so much to do without the excertion. If you skip rides you could spend a week there. I'm not into rides, just how well the whole place is so pretty and happy. lol
Oh I love the rides..total roller coaster fanatic....If need be I will take a real week of vacation after I get back home, lol.

K. McEuen
April 26th, 2016, 12:23 AM
Make sure and wrap yourself in bubble wrap before rising the coasters or you won't have any skin left.

jjkaiser
April 26th, 2016, 12:56 AM
Oh I haven't been there in a long time. Have fun! And what a bonus treat meeting up with some forum members. You are a great vacation planner!

stationarymom
April 26th, 2016, 01:36 AM
I hope you have a great time.Don't be afraid to sit out the hottest part of the day if need be.Make sure to take lots of pics.

kensington
April 26th, 2016, 01:42 AM
Humidity isn't that bad this time of year... June, July, August... Yes... right now, it's about perfect there.

dwil23
April 26th, 2016, 01:47 AM
Humidity isn't that bad this time of year... June, July, August... Yes... right now, it's about perfect there.

The weather has been perfect for the past month. It is starting to rise, though , and by the end of this week it will be close to 90. UGH. But still better than July or August!

EnumclawGramma
April 26th, 2016, 07:03 AM
Aw how awesome! I hope you have a wonderful time! Please say hi and love to Blondie's lil' gal! And PICS please!!

Monique
April 26th, 2016, 08:34 AM
I was there a hundred million years ago. Have a wonderful time and say hello to Sarah and Karen for me.

Bubby
April 26th, 2016, 08:42 AM
Have a great trip....it sounds like a blast!!

Iris Girl
April 26th, 2016, 08:43 AM
Have a wonderful trip. Enjoy yourself and your friends. How exciting meeting up with Sarah and Karen. Keep us posted as to all the fun.

mischiefkat
April 26th, 2016, 09:26 AM
I live in Fla, so it would be a sin for me not to have been to Disney. There is so much to do,and see, My favorite places are Epcot and Animal Kingdom. Have a good time, eat lots, and make great memories. Nice that you can meet up with Forum Friends too. Kathy

WendyI
April 26th, 2016, 09:55 AM
I personally did not enjoy Disney but might have been because....well a lot of things. I did rent a scooter for the duration and it saved my knees a lot, and they are very accommodating with the scooters for most of the attractions. You're going to have an awesome trip!

Jean Sewing Machine
April 26th, 2016, 10:17 AM
I am so glad you are getting a motorized cart! There is a lot of walking there and sore feet can ruin the day! Have a great time!

amartin24
April 26th, 2016, 10:23 AM
I just got back last night from my Orlando vacation. The main reason we went was for a YouTube convention called Playlist Live. Teenagers and even younger are Verrry into YouTubers these days. I took my 14 year old daughter, her friend, and my 10 year old daughter. We were also able to do a day at Typhoon Lagoon water park, Magic Kingdom, and we visited Downtown Disney (now called Disney Springs). I LOVE Orlando vacations as there is just sooo much to do! Lots of fun but it can be tiring. Good thing you got a skooter to help out. One thing I would recommend is checking out the new FastPass system ahead of time. You can buy the park tickets online ahead of time and schedule your Fast Pass ahead of time too. We didn't get our tickets until we got there so we weren't able to get to the big rides until much later in the day. But, sounds like your daughter is well-planned and I'm sure she has already checked this out. The other thing I would recommend is not to have dinner at Ohanas in the Polynesian resort, if that is one meal you have planned. We have always loved it there in the past. This time, the steak was rather fatty and some pieces weren't even cooked Medium, but more on the rare side. Also, the chicken was not breast but tasted like pieces of thighs. Of course, the salad and awesome bread pudding were the best parts of the meal. I was very disappointed as this places is Very expensive per person but it wasn't up to Disney standards in my opinion. Enjoy your trip - it's Magical! Oh, yeah, make sure to download the My Disney Experience app for the phone. It's very helpful in the parks and up-to-the-minute attraction wait times, closed attractions, and your FastPass times. You can scan each person's entry pass or wristband into the app and coordinate everyone in your party for FastPass. It's easy for dining reservations too. Highly recommend this app.

ceiliam
April 26th, 2016, 10:40 AM
Glad you have a cart. Just stop if you need it. It's a great place. Glad you get to meet up with friends. Just take care of yourself, and don't be afraid to say no if you can't do something.

judimccl
April 26th, 2016, 09:45 PM
Oh, you will have a great time, especially with the DGKs. When my first granddaughter and my 2 nieces were about 4 (which is 22 years ago, lol) I used to take them to Disney for at least a week around Christmas, and take just my granddaughter for 2-4 weeks in the summer. Such beautiful memories. Nothing like seeing Disney through the eyes of a child! Sometimes, if it was a shorter trip, I would take my mother with me, and after she passed I took my dad. The girls still remember those special times with GG and GP. So sit back and enjoy every minute of it, and build up those special memories. :icon_wave:

judimccl
April 26th, 2016, 09:58 PM
When I used to take my granddaughter and nieces, we would always stay on grounds in a hotel. That way in the heat of the day we could go back to the hotel and use the pool, and get a little rest. Then when it cooled down a bit we would head back to the park for the nighttime activities, and end the day with the fireworks. :icon_wave: