Wedding Dress fitting.........and yes it fits!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Divine Daisy
    Missouri Star
    • May 2011

Wedding Dress fitting.........and yes it fits!!

The 'Bride' and i spent yesterday at the wedding dress shop for fittings etc of the THIRD dress. It fitted like a glove, only needed taking up (like her mother she is vertically challenged). She loves it. She looks so amazing, i can hardly believe she is mine.

Now i only have to apply some antique lace roses i found onto her veil, finish covering the buttons for the grooms waistcoat, put her bouqet together... have saved veiling to add to that, and make Mr Daisy's tie and i am all ready. 2 weeks to go....could be worse.

Mr Daisy has an endoscopy on thursday to diagnose the hot spot in his upper bowel...hoping the lymphoma hasnt reached there.... and then he will have stem cells taken to be used later. After that everything will be left until after the wedding so he is able to give his princess away.

i am doing the 'father' of the bride speech, partly because he is so shy and hates speaking in public and partly so i can have the last word lol. I have various stories and thoughts, but havent yet decided how much to put in. I will probably 'wing it' on the day, see what the mood of the crowd is lol. I am almost sure though to mention that she looks divine even though she didnt inherit my perfect nose. This is a family joke. It seems only i am certain that i have a perfect nose and everytime it is mentioned it gets a groan and a roll of the eyes from everyone. So i feel obliged to include that just for the crack.

After the debarcle of my nine patch colour bleed i will try again and never ever everrrrrrrr use red as a backing. I am thinking green this time.

That is the end of the news from Daisy World. Now lets go to the weather..................
    Blog
    http://divinedaisydesigns.blogspot.co.uk/
  • Loonwatcher
    Missouri Star
    • Feb 2011

Re: Wedding Dress fitting.........and yes it fits!!

Sounds like you've got a beautiful bride there. I'm sure your speech will be perfect.

Praying for good results from Mr. Daisy's test on Thursday.

Hugs,
    ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

• Gayle8675309
      Missouri Star
      • Oct 2011

Sounds like you are way ahead of the game with the wedding preparations. So happy for you.

I'm praying for your husband, that his treatments will go easy on him and be very effective.
      Gayle

Comment

• stitching woman
        Missouri Star
        • Jun 2011

Glad the dress fit so well. Now you don't have to stress over that sounds like you have so many other thing to finish. Prayers for Mr. Daisy hope thing go well and he is in tip top condition for the big day so you can both have an amazing day with a beautiful bride.
        Bernice :icon_wave:

Comment

• Blondie
          Missouri Star
          • May 2010

My dear Ms Daisy! How exciting for everyone and your speech should be recorded as I am sure it will be truly "Divine"! Glad the dress fit as it should. Brides are always striking. Blessings to all!
          Sewing mends the soul.
          sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
          Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
          ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

• BellasQuilts
            Missouri Star
            • Jul 2011

Daisy, so happy the dress fit. The perfect one always seems to do that! Hoping that the test go well and that this era of new beginnings of sorts for you family is happy, healthy and bright!
            Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.
            Maya Angelou

~Megan~

Comment

• Sandy Navas
              Missouri Star
              • Dec 2010

I'm warming my buns and sending you lots and lots of good vibes for the impending nuptials, and special prayers for Mr. Daisy!!

I feel good things coming your way. But, I must caution you to prewash and color-treat that green backing.
              Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
              it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

• meemeecyn
                Missouri Star
                • Apr 2011

Thoughts of you remain, Daisy. Know that you will give a great speech and that the bride must look like her Momma! Will be praying that DH's tests give you good news. Take care of yourself, too, my Dear.
                Cynthia

Comment

• KiltedQuilter
                  Missouri Star
                  • Sep 2011

2 weeks to go...exciting!

Sending best wishes to Mr Daisy.
                  Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you plant.-Robert Louis Stevenson

Comment

• Bubby
                    Missouri Star
                    • Jun 2011

Hi Miss Daisy,

You're on the downhill slope of the wedding now! Glad the dress fits - that can be a real stressor if it doesn't. I hope your DH will feel his best for the wedding and that you all have a glorious day!!

Hugs, Barb
                    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• Monique
                      Missouri Star
                      • Jan 2011

Oh Daisy, she will be a BEAUTIFUL bride nonetheless, no matter what. As 'mother of the bride' you will shine as well. I do not know your speech but it already puts a tear in my eye. I am a sap for things like that.

Wishing Mr. Daisy the best with what comes next.

Hang a rosary on the clothesline the night before so it does not rain on the wedding day. I always add a little prayer to boot. It has not failed me yet.

We would love to see photos, when you can of course.
                      Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

• janluna
                        Missouri Star
                        • Oct 2009

Hi Ms. Daisy, I'm sure the wedding will be a great success! And your speech will be perfect. Prayers are on going for both you and Mr. Daisy. Hope to see some beautiful wedding pictures.
                        Love and prayers and hugs, Jan L.
                        Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

• quilter.martha
                          Missouri Star
                          • May 2011

Glad I finally got to read this post. I've been praying for you DH and was wondering what the status was. So glad all the wedding plans are coming together and that his treatment can wait until after the wedding. Rest assured you are all in our prayers. Enjoy these last 2 weeks and HAVE FUN!!! Post some pics when you can. We want to see the wedding
                          When life throws you scraps, make a quilt! :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

• phoots
                            Missouri Star
                            • Oct 2011

Not having any girls of my own, I tend to live vicariously through other women's brides-to-be! Sounds like everything is well in hand and your bride will be beautiful! As for Mr. Daisy, my prayers go out to him and the rest of the family! Prayers can never hurt! Good luck!
                            Pam
                            Pam in Vegas

Comment

Working...
                            X