PDA

View Full Version : Oh gosh, it is the LAST Monday this month.

Monique
April 25th, 2016, 07:44 AM
Where o where has the time gone? We had a beautiful weekend, although a little cold. Friday Bonnie and I went to the big city and yes there was a little fabric shopping involved. They were having a great sale at Fabricland and I got some interfacing for my NCW. I did not find a clasp yet so I may have to order that right from Emmaline Bags. On Saturday we went for a drive to Almonte, what a cute little town. There is an antique mall right beside the quilt store. Uh huh! And yes I did buy a charm pack. There is also a bird store that I visited. While waiting for hubby, I also found another little store, a division of Lee Valley Tools. I bought an ant moat that will surely keep out those pesky ants from my hummingbird feeder. Off to Ottawa again, stopped in to see our niece and she joined up for supper. We had a fabulous meal and then back home before dark no less. Sunday was our Lionette Rally, Asian themed. A wonderful lunch was served, minutes and reports read and a little entertainment. It was another great day.

I think today Les and I may fix the back fence. It is just sort of a snow fence but enough to keep out 4 wheelers. Most of them around here don't respect private property. They are not coming through the back yard, no way. Les is with his Momma tonight so I may get some quilting done. Tomorrow morning I start physio, we shall see what is going to happen with that.

WOW sorry to be so long winded this morning. Have a great day friends.

P.S. I got a note from Blondie that she will be MIA this week, busy with 'stuff'.

dwil23
April 25th, 2016, 08:16 AM
Good Morning all!

Sounds like you had a very busy weekend, Monique! Glad you had fun.

We had a family get together on Saturday and I slept all day yesterday. I am trying to make sure I sleep more than I have been. I have definitely noticed that the pain in my legs is lessened when I get at least 6 hours of sleep. I am dreading seeing the ortho doctor next week - I know he is going to say I need my right knee replaced. Just can't do that now. The surgery and recovery are bad enough, but the therapy is what I dread the most. I am still waiting on a date for my hysterectomy.

I have done no sewing at all for several weeks. I think I am going to make myself at least make some four patches today - just to whet the appetite. I got very discouraged with a baby quilt I was making and decided to scrap it all and start again. Just haven't been able to make myself do that, though. And, I still have my DGS "tummy time" quilt to be quilted. If I don't get that done soon, it will be too late - he is already rolling over and sitting up (when you sit him up - he stays up). We are still working six days a week and time is just flying by.

Two updates on previous prayer requests. First, you may remember the little 15 mo old, Lilly, who had liver cancer. I am so pleased to tell you that at her one year checkup, her tumor markers are exactly where they should be!!! On a sad note, my friend's son, Jason, lost his battle with stomach cancer this weekend. He leaves behind a wife and two young daughters.

I hope everyone has a Blessed Day - prayers for those in need.

Monique
April 25th, 2016, 08:28 AM
Good Morning all!

Sounds like you had a very busy weekend, Monique! Glad you had fun.

We had a family get together on Saturday and I slept all day yesterday. I am trying to make sure I sleep more than I have been. I have definitely noticed that the pain in my legs is lessened when I get at least 6 hours of sleep. I am dreading seeing the ortho doctor next week - I know he is going to say I need my right knee replaced. Just can't do that now. The surgery and recovery are bad enough, but the therapy is what I dread the most. I am still waiting on a date for my hysterectomy.

I have done no sewing at all for several weeks. I think I am going to make myself at least make some four patches today - just to whet the appetite. I got very discouraged with a baby quilt I was making and decided to scrap it all and start again. Just haven't been able to make myself do that, though. And, I still have my DGS "tummy time" quilt to be quilted. If I don't get that done soon, it will be too late - he is already rolling over and sitting up (when you sit him up - he stays up). We are still working six days a week and time is just flying by.

Two updates on previous prayer requests. First, you may remember the little 15 mo old, Lilly, who had liver cancer. I am so pleased to tell you that at her one year checkup, her tumor markers are exactly where they should be!!! On a sad note, my friend's son, Jason, lost his battle with stomach cancer this weekend. He leaves behind a wife and two young daughters.

I hope everyone has a Blessed Day - prayers for those in need.

I am so sorry Donna to hear the bad news. Prayers to his family.

MRoy
April 25th, 2016, 08:48 AM
Good morning! Prayers for your friend Donna.

DH learned Friday that his only surviving brother has liver cancer. We don't know the extent of it yet. Prayers for DH's brother would be appreciated.

It was a beautiful weekend here weather-wise. We went fishing yesterday and caught enough for a big fish supper. I really should cut grass this afternoon before the rain starts but I'm going to sit-n-sew and guild monthly meeting instead.

dwil23
April 25th, 2016, 08:54 AM
Thank you, Monique and will keep your BIL and family in prayer, Myrna - so sorry to hear.

WendyI
April 25th, 2016, 10:19 AM
morning all. It's a wet Monday here and supposed to be this way tomorrow as well. I am at work so it's just fine.

I actually bought fabric this weekend for the first time in over a year and a pattern to make some makeup pouches for xmas gifts. Otherwise I spent most of the weekend in bed with a migraine which was not fun.

So sad Myrna. Cancer stinks. Monique, hope your BIL pulls through.

URIBARRI-MAYOR
April 25th, 2016, 10:43 AM
Good morning everyone, we´re almost in May and almost yesterday was in Christmas, Saturday we had in the village a party where food is out on the street, in my country are very common to hold festivals in the street and as the Basques us like to eat there is aways a celebration where food is made, this was beans and cooked in a pot once used drivers of steam locomotives and has reached our days and is very famous, and also food was dancing typical and three of my granddaughters danced, so to brighten a bit week put some pictures of dances I hope you like it. Well hope that this week we have very good morning, and that all who have problems get fix meantime I have them in my thoughts and prayers, smiles and greetings129689129690129691129692

MayinJerset
April 25th, 2016, 10:57 AM
Week beginning with a mixed bag of good times and sad news, keeping all in my thoughts and prayers. Hosted a lunch here on Friday, a very good time was had with some family members with lots of good food and talk but it sort of wore DH and I out so we rested all weekend. Had plenty of leftover food to see us through in style.

mischiefkat
April 25th, 2016, 11:41 AM
Good Monday to all, We had a good weekend,slept late, went to 5pm Mass, then went for some Cracker Barrel dinner.
I am just about done with the wash. Have catechism class this afternoon, I'm a room aide. Enjoy the kids a lot. Then Papa and I bring the older twin home with us, will feed him and start him on his homework. I'm going to feed him his favorite Tater Tots, then "ice cream in a bowl" for desert . It is 80+ already this morning and humid too. Think there is rain on the forecast for this pm. Hugs and prayers to all that need them. Have a Good Day. Kathy

Bubby
April 25th, 2016, 01:06 PM
Morning...

Monique, I'm so sorry to hear about Jason passing. My prayers go out to his family.

It's a beautiful day except for the oak pollen which is unbelievably thick this year. Dot & Olive are being groomed today so I had the morning to clean house and run a few errands. We're praying for rain.

I'm off to Houston to pick up the Girls....have a good day everyone.

toggpine
April 25th, 2016, 01:25 PM
We are home from OK & TX. Em & I were sick while we were there, and it seems to be wanting to hang on.
Yesterday was kind of a slow day. Mother Nature was off her meds and was feeling very bi-polar. Between deluges of rain and sun breaks I caught up on our laundry, put away our travel stuff, cleaned the stock water tanks, and weeded some more of the veggie gardens.
Eric got some work done on the old goat shed/new turkey house while we were gone. After 10+ years the bottom of the MDF plywood had begun to rot. He replaced that and repainted it. Now we just have to do the same for the the other half that houses the weaned kids. That can happen a little later though. A few more tweaks and the shed will be ready for the new turkey chicks to arrive in two weeks.
Now I'm off to get Em ready to go to the doctor to see about the pain in her left ear. We don't mess with the ears with her, if they hurt, we go.

Claire Hallman
April 25th, 2016, 01:43 PM
Sorry for the losses, earaches, and diagnoses. I hope the earache and hopefully the cancer are cured soon.
I had a very nice weekend, rested and took it easy. I did make some more of the valances for my sister, one left to sew/turn and pressing needed on 4. I hope to finish today.
After those are done I am closing the sewing room and packing things. I want to paint the tables I am taking so need a little time for that. We move in less than a month but things are getting packed and ready very gradually so I don't aggravate my back again. Today it is feeling good, I want that to continue.:D