PDA

View Full Version : Where are all the Night Owls?

stationarymom
April 25th, 2016, 02:05 AM
I hope everyone had a nice weekend.I didn't feel well this weekend I had 2 seizures and slept most of Saturday.I didn't sew anything this weekend.I need to find border fabric that I like does anyone have any ideas of where to look? Tomorrow I'm going to go out to lunch and whatever with a girlfriend I've known since Highschool.

toggpine
April 25th, 2016, 03:05 AM
We are home from Oklahoma and Texas. Me and I had a doozie of a sinus infection while we were gone. Now Em is complaining of a sore ear. She says it hurts like a bee sting in there. Ugh. I really don't have time to run to the dr tomorrow. I don't want her to wait though, so if it's still aching in the AM, we will go.
I'm tucking in shortly. We got stuff done in the barn, and squeezed in some weeding between rain storms. Now I'm tired!
Happy Hooting! C

Granny Judy
April 25th, 2016, 06:32 AM
I'm getting over an inner ear infection.. gave in and got some antibiotics.. otherwise I couldn't walk across the floor without falling on my face. Lost my balance center with this infection... egh!!

Anyhow.. getting better and will be getting my raised beds planted, and the front flower beds cleaned out this week.. gonna take one more day for myself and let the drugs do their job.

judimccl
April 25th, 2016, 03:08 PM
Take care and hope you feel better. :icon_wave:

kimsophia
April 26th, 2016, 02:02 PM
Hi, night owls...I have been unable to post due to getting horrible computer viruses called Rockettab and DNS Unlocker. It put up pop-ups that then froze the page so I couldn't post. Anything I used my mouse to click would just bring up an ad page. I had a few seconds at the very beginning of loading a web page to click on one or things, before all the jamming took place, so I did read this thread last night but I couldn't post. My husband spent four hours total fixing it as it was invisible and three antiviral programs missed it. The trick was to delete all the Chrome extensions.

So I've been ordering more Kaffe Fassett fabric to make the Village applique quilt and practicing my hand applique skills with scrap fabric. There are a lot of curves and wiggles so it is somewhat tricky. I'm not used to having to clip curves. I'm debating whether I'll need to use more involved applique techniques than needle turn, as that's what the designer said she uses. I managed to use invisible thread to do hand applique, which would match all my fabrics, but I found that it is scratchy to run your hand over. So I am still debating thread choices. I had to send my little Kai scissors in to be sharpened as somehow I managed to dull it badly or maybe it needs aligning. I got the freezer paper. I've already got some Mylar if I decided to use starch and an iron to turn the edges.

I hope everybody gets healthy. :( Feel better!