PDA

View Full Version : Kizzie - went to USA and left behind her GallBladder

Kizzie
November 29th, 2011, 04:51 PM
ok... yeah its gone... I had 3 more gallbladder attacks since thanksgiving

Went to ER AGAIN on Sunday in absolute agony AGAIN - waited 4hrs in ER before I was seen by a doctor crying on the floor in absolute pain.

Then finally got through to triage then to a doc and she said yup its your gallbladder... did my blood work and my my liver enzymes (I think she said) had quadrippled since the thanksgiving bloodwork...

so anyways I was admitted... I was sooo scared then I met my surgeon. a Fellow Australian he said I was going to leave you for my partner to do in the morning but then I heard you were an Aussie!

So he took me under his wing - twisted my arm lots about him only having done 3 surgery's etc and me BELEIVING HIM!!

Well by 12.30am my gallbladder was gone then he put a dye in my system that showed there were stones that had escaped so the next morning he said he was going to try get hold of his good doctor friend as he knew I had Matilda etc so this new doc took me in at 4pm for a procedure with the camera down the throat and removed the gallstone (one was not worth worrying about but there was this one in my common bile duct) which was very important to be removed.

Anyways I have 4 cuts on my tummy... none which are hidden but we will see how they heal up after the bandages are off etc. Matilda once again was the star of the hospital - I had an Aussie nurse take care of me in the daytime and a lovely American lady in the night who was sooo good not to wake matilda up during her sleeps etc while checking my BP and my vitals etc. Glenn stayed with me the 2nd night...

Gosh it has been a real tiresome couple of days and I wont be on for a little while - whilst im healing up I just wanted to thank you all for your private messages and your thoughts and concerns - I will respond when I get the chance. Thankyou - I appreciate it...

Right now I'm truly sore :( and Glenn has a week tomorrow to finish his thesis! Gosh timing for all this is really bad. I need to rest and he needs to study and no one here for Tilly so we are gonna have to try and job share to get things done but im so sore :(

Anyways love to you all.. !

Now I'm not stressing about anything in the future I can get preggies and not worry about it! (just my tailbone lol)

Take care all

xxx

Monique
November 29th, 2011, 05:00 PM
Kizzie, looks like the decision was taken out of your hands. I am sure you are glad it is over. These things never happen AT A GOOD TIME.

Rest and let us know how things are going when you can.

Lots of cyber hugs to you.

Gayle8675309
November 29th, 2011, 05:19 PM
So glad that you are on the mend Kizzie. :)

K. McEuen
November 29th, 2011, 05:30 PM
Glad it's over and everything is ok. Now just heal up and you'll be back sewing in no time.

a1angiem
November 29th, 2011, 05:39 PM
i gave up mine years ago! you'll be fine...but i'm sure the re-hab is lots of time on the sewing machine! get well soon!

BellasQuilts
November 29th, 2011, 05:46 PM
Kizzie, glad you got that taken care of and you are on the mend. Sounds like quiet time at your house: studying and recuperating! Speedy recovery!

cyndiofthevortex
November 29th, 2011, 06:07 PM
So sorry to hear about this! It sounds like you were very brave. I hope you heal quickly and are back with us all soon.

I know that many of us will be praying for you.

Cyndi

mitzs
November 29th, 2011, 06:14 PM
Glad you got that out of the way hun. Rest every chance you get. I wish I was closer, I would love to come help you and glenn with tilly for a couple of days. It sounds like you did really good. Take care of yourself hun, we'll be waiting here for ya.

quiltingtrish
November 29th, 2011, 06:26 PM
Oh Kizzy - glad that is all behind you now. Prayers for a speedy recovery - I too, wish I were closer. I'd come and play with Tilly and take care of her for you. And - wow - you got an Australian doctor and nurse, very lucky girl!

Easy Hugs for you,

sally
November 29th, 2011, 06:35 PM
Kizzie, glad you got that taken care of and you are on the mend. Sounds like quiet time at your house: studying and recuperating! Speedy recovery!

HERE HERE! Bigs hugs to you!

Shauna

lucyviola
November 29th, 2011, 06:36 PM
Sorry you had to go through the experience but glad you're on the mend. Take care & I look forward to seeing you back here soon.

stitching woman
November 29th, 2011, 08:26 PM
Kizzy glad it is done and you are on the road to recovery and no more stressing. God has a way of working things out for us. With I was closer and I would watch Tilly and then you would really have trouble because she would be very spoiled by the time I was finished. Take care of yourself.

Hugs.

Loonwatcher
November 29th, 2011, 08:32 PM
So glad you had it taken care of (even if not by choice). Now it can't bother you again. Take it easy and hear fast.

Hugs,

Blondie
November 29th, 2011, 08:55 PM
Hi there Kizzie!
You'll be back in top form in NO time. You will feel sooo much better. I had mine out almost two years ago and what a relief it is to be able to eat without the pain and torment.
How wonderful to luck into a fellow Aussie as your doc. God was really watching over you!

quilter.martha
November 29th, 2011, 09:45 PM
Kizzie, so glad you'll be able to heal up now--no more pain from those stones! How wonderful you had an aussie to do the surgery, too! Keep low, and let yourself heal. Will be praying for your quick healing.

HandsOffItsMine
November 29th, 2011, 11:17 PM
Oh my, I turn my back for a day or two and here you go and lose your gallbladder to another Aussie!

Well I'm glad you were takend good care of and you are all at home together. Opa and I would jump on a plane but the folks are still here.

Make sure you take care of yourself and keep a pillow near by for when you laugh or cough! 'Cause it can hurt when the muscles heal. :)

Lots of hugs and prayers for a speedy recovery. Love, Don and Ruby

MRoy
November 29th, 2011, 11:55 PM
Kizzie, I'm glad all went well for you and that you didn't wait too long to have the surgery. Your doctor made a good decision. My DH kept having attacks and postponing treatment. When his gallbladder was removed, it was big surgery with a 6 inch incision and a week in the hospital.

Take good care of yourself. ((((HUGS))))

Sandy Navas
November 30th, 2011, 12:21 AM
Sending healing thoughts. Wish I was close enough to help you with Matilda. Take care, Little Momma and heal quickly.

Lisaau
November 30th, 2011, 07:29 AM
(((((kizzie))))))).....get well soon

KiltedQuilter
November 30th, 2011, 08:41 AM
Blimey! I missed this drama. I didn't realise you were feeling poorly!

Glad you're on the mend girlie! Take it easy!

Bubby
November 30th, 2011, 09:49 AM
Kizzie!!!! So glad you got rid of your gallbladder...now you don't have to worry about it anymore. You will be feeling great in about two weeks. Take extra special care of yourself and let others pamper you. I wish I could watch Tilly for you during your recovery....You have my prayers for a speedy recovery! Hugs, Barb

janluna
November 30th, 2011, 07:17 PM
Hi Kizzie, Prayers are coming your way for healing, and love too. I, like Blondie, had mine out a couple of years ago. Even though they did the little incisions, it felt like someone tip toed through my belly. So keep that pillow close by and rest as much as possible and you will get stronger quickly. Prayers, love and hugs, Jan L.

MaryB
November 30th, 2011, 07:28 PM
All the best Kizzie. Great to have it all over and to hear you are on the mend. Hugs.

Kizzie
December 1st, 2011, 11:54 AM
Wow - what a response - thankyou ladies sooo much for all your thoughts and well wishes and prayers.

I'm able to sit today without being in too much agony, Matilda has been such a good girl - I know it is hard but I think its also good father daughter bonding time too. I think she must pick up on me being sick as she has been soo well behaved everything has gone quite smoothly.

Hubby is up to 40 pages on his thesis!! I'm so very proud of him doing all this - must be so stressful - he needs around 50 pages and says he has lots more to write and thinks that length wont be an issue at all! He has 27 pages final edited and ready to send as a draft tonight hopefully that gets off tonight as planned.

Well I have to visit the surgeon early next week, I'm too scared to take off my bandages and see whats underneath - I'm suppose to remove them in 24hrs well its now been 36 - argh!! Its really hard feeding Tilly still - I'm so glad she has started solids! its been an absolute blessing!

Thanks once again everyone - wont be long till I'm back to my self. I have a question though for the Americans I am taking panadine forte as a pain killer its 500mg paracetamol and 30mg codeine - not sure what would be the similar brand in USA but the surgeon prescribed me a narcotic percocit or something cant remebmer now but I was taking one in the hospital and it made me terribly nauseated so I would rather stay away from that as the nurse warned me its very nauseating too. Any suggestions??? I'm not familiar with your brand names here I've heard of tylenol and a Z one.. and a D one.. LOL!!!

rebeccas-sewing
December 1st, 2011, 01:43 PM
So glad to hear you're squared away! No more pain!!! At least not the gallbladder stones kind of pain. Seems like these things always happen at the worst possible time. Are you in a position to have a sitter come in for a few hours during the day just to give you a break? Certainly a chance for a nap would be beneficial to the healing process. It's not easy raising children without family nearby to help out during times like these. I remember those days very well. Good luck to your husband with his writing. I remember being very pregnant and spending lots of time resting in the evenings after work while Joe was in his office at the engineeing school busily working on his dissertation. Not an easy time for us so I can sympathize. Take care. Hope you heal in a hurry.

oldgurl4
December 8th, 2011, 03:46 PM
Goodness Gracious!!!!!! ((((WHat Happened)))
~Kizzie~ I've been out for a while that I was not aware of you were even Sick!!!

Here I was thinking Of You enjoying and disecting and Your New Toy!(Sewing Machine).

Dear Lord I sooo WISH I LIVED Closer Too to help Out....so sorry you went thru all that.
and in not a sew Wishfull time.

But Hopefully you will be able to Enjoy Christmas now.

I read U are doing better, "Thank-God".

This Gaul bladder is a NASTY Piece of Organ that I don't know why God even gave it to Us if we don't even need it... LOL
Right along with that Other one...(what is it called??) located on the lower right part of the belly....
It's on the Tip of my tongue!! (Gosh I hate forgetting things!!.)
and i work in a Hospital!!! Oyeee...Yayy..
I'll remember later.

Anyhowww.... I'll be praying for your health Kizzie....
Tillie is so little she won't remember a Thing....
Years from nowwww.... When you tell her the story when Mum ended up in the Hospital on Thanksgiving week....
and the Amazing and Wonderful Aussie Doctors that came to the Rescue(hopefully become friends forever)...
You will all be Amazed how you endured and became stronger in the name of Love.
~AMEN~

Sending Many ~Cyber Hugs~ Feel Better Sweety!!
XOXO

"APENDIX"
There I remembered! Noww... I have a Headache!!

bobw103
December 8th, 2011, 11:24 PM
Wow Kizzie-I havent been on much and missed this whole incident! So sorry to hear that you had trouble but happy that all is well and you are on the mend!

oldgurl4
January 1st, 2012, 04:37 PM
Soooo

What's the latest Update?
Are you Healed?

Or Still Healing

"THAT! Is The Question!"

I got You on My Prayers Gurl!!

Nena
January 3rd, 2012, 12:54 AM
Oh my goodness--you have been through enough!!! Prayers to you for a fast and joyful healing!!!!!!!