PDA

View Full Version : Saturday morning

Ginny B
April 23rd, 2016, 09:08 AM
Good morning everyone. It's Saturday! A bit of light rain out there this morning but I think it's going to clear up a bit later on. I went outside earlier to refill the bird feeder and it really felt and smelled like spring. :icon_bigsmile:

Today we have grandson #1's birthday party. He is 6. Not sure what else the day will hold. I have a craft fair coming up in about a month ago I will probably be in the sewing room for a while. What fun plans does everyone else have?

Have a great day everyone

mischiefkat
April 23rd, 2016, 09:44 AM
I'm going to put my sewing room back together. Was looking for some material yesterday, and pulled a bunch of stuff out. Want to get it under control before,my room looks like a tornado hit J's. Am going to look for a FQ ( I hope) I had of little fairies on muted pastel background. If there are 6 FQ , I can make another YBR. Love that pattern,have made 3 of them last couple weeks.
Have a haircut late this pm. Temp here is 74,nice breeze blowing, going to get warmer today, no rain on the horizon.
Think maybe we'll go out for dinner, or get some take out tonight. Have been eating soup and sandwiches this week. Shingles is still very painful so thought of food is augh. Hubby is good about sandwiches,but I'm sure he'd like a change. Hugs to all who need them. Have a good day all. Kathy

shermur
April 23rd, 2016, 09:53 AM
mischiefkat......I'm doing the same thing, sweetie! After moving twice in the past two years...I can't believe all of things I forgot I had and hasn't been able to find for a long while. I have got to stop buying fabric!!!!
And, after I get the sewing room/fabric organized? I will probably be amazed how many test blocks and UFOs there is.....the number of it all will probably be astounding!
I have a hair appointment this morning; for the first time in many years, I'm going to get a perm and hopefully get some body in my fine, thin, straight hair! I have high hopes it turns out decent.....

mischiefkat
April 23rd, 2016, 10:00 AM
Good luck with your perm Shermur. I also have fine, thin, straight hair. Gave up the perm business years ago. Never looked any better than a Q-tip with Brillo instead of cotton. Just get whacked off these days. have a good day. Kathy

Lyndaj
April 23rd, 2016, 10:09 AM
It's a sunny Saturday morning here.

Will be paying off my Janome this morning :icon_bigsmile: and taking my quilting conundrum to the shop so they can help me with butting my diagonal seams, because I can't figure out how.

Also, off to the salt water fish store with DH. Yippee. Not.

Have a great weekend,

Lynda

ceiliam
April 23rd, 2016, 10:19 AM
Morning all been up for hours got up to feed critters and found yucky sugar ants on kitchen counter needless to say spayed cleanened out the cupboards I hate them. Even after you clean them up feel creepy crawly . must be time for pest guy to come again. Here you have to spray every 2 to 3 months. So was on a roll and vacuumed and dusted Shemur have fun with perm hope it makes your life easier. Haven't had one since I was a kid mommade all of us get them, she has stick straight hair. Problem is I have my dad's curly hair and extremely thick so I looked like Shirley Temple. Hated it.
I did get my Mom's humanitarian quilt done and working another done she needs 2 per month. My sister does one and I do one.....recovering still from steroid injection in back, never had it hurt that bad. Need to get moving and get dressed and take Petey pup out for his walk. Hope all have a great day. Cecelia

TMP
April 23rd, 2016, 11:09 AM
Good morning everyone. We picked up DG from school yesterday and she spent the night with us. The child was up until 11:30 last night and still woke up at the crack of dawn ! She and DH have gone on a walk. We are celebrating DSL birthday tonight . It seems like someone has a birthday every other week here. I was bad myself and stayed up almost all night working on my prairie flower quilt last night. I have one block completed .
Shemur hope your perm turns out well. I haven't had one in many years. I have straight thick hair that never would hold a curl even with a perm. I always wanted to be tall with long legs and curly hair. Funny how you always want what you don't have.
I hope everyone has a great weekend

irishrn
April 23rd, 2016, 11:17 AM
Morning all! Sun is out finally after a day/night of heavy rain. But we needed it so all is well.
DH is napping. He went to bed at 9 pm and woke up at 6 am so my morning has been busy already. His ex wife is not well and he is hearing from his kids every day that is making him very concerned and restless.
Been trying to get time in the sewing room but it is limited at best. Also trying to get the storage attic space cleaned out and rearranged but it is still a WIP. Problem is I can't hear DH when I'm in there, so I can only work when he's asleep! Having to pull up the carpeting in small sections so I can carry it out. Makes this go very slow!! And it can get very hot in there!!

Hoping all are well. Time to get busy! Hugs to all!

LauraP
April 23rd, 2016, 01:47 PM
Morning all! Sun is out finally after a day/night of heavy rain. But we needed it so all is well.
DH is napping. He went to bed at 9 pm and woke up at 6 am so my morning has been busy already. His ex wife is not well and he is hearing from his kids every day that is making him very concerned and restless.
Been trying to get time in the sewing room but it is limited at best. Also trying to get the storage attic space cleaned out and rearranged but it is still a WIP. Problem is I can't hear DH when I'm in there, so I can only work when he's asleep! Having to pull up the carpeting in small sections so I can carry it out. Makes this go very slow!! And it can get very hot in there!!

Hoping all are well. Time to get busy! Hugs to all!

get a baby monitor or some walky talkies so you can hear your husband. If you get the walky talkies you can talk back and forth and he won't feel so isolated.

redcaboose1717
April 23rd, 2016, 02:09 PM
Irshrn......I used to feel that way prior to my first DH passing away. We actually were never apart that much. He suffered from seizures and I was always on alert I guess. We did the baby monitor when he was where I couldn't see him. He was a model train enthusiast and used to go to a model train club 3 times a week ( Thank God the train members had no issues about Terry having seizures ) which was when I used to get a lot of sewing and other things done. It's really different here in the house now that I am remarried. My 2nd DH John has no health issues to speak of and it took me while to get rid of the anxiety of making sure he was okay. John did really good with my "mama bear" syndrome at first, and it has slowly went away now thank goodness !

Shermur.....I haven't had a perm ever. I had natural curly hair as a child. When I was 8 yrs old, my dad took my younger sister & I to the beauty shop and cut our hair. After that, the natural curl is no more ! My mom used to set my hair in rags to get it to curl like Shirley Temple. I must say I was a cutie back then ! I have had my hair long for years. I love to have it French Braided, although I am thinking about having it cut really short !

JCY
April 23rd, 2016, 03:31 PM
We had a high of 87 yest.! So nice. Felt almost too hot, too soon. Cloudy today & 72. I've been doing laundry & baking DH's spelt bread. The 2nd loaf will be done shortly. The house smells so good!

I made good progress yest. on the burp cloths. Cut fabric, got them stacked, then chain pieced them. I got all 24 stitched in good time. Now I have to reverse them (turn them right side out), press, then stitch around the edges. I should be able to finish them this week end.

My circle cut ruler & rotary cutters came this week. Neither the 18 mm nor the 28 mm cutter will work with the EZ circle cut ruler. Disappointing & frustrating! I'll be using a pen or pencil to mark the circles & cut out by hand with the scissors. Unless...I can find a plate the right size to cut around! ~ lol ~ But after having read various reviews on line, I half expected that these 2 cutters would not work in those grooves. I had fun playing around with the Heat'n Bond applique. Tried several different decorative stitches on my DSM. I think I like the blanket stitch the best -- so far. I seldom use decorative stitches because they use so much more thread. I see all kinds of possibilities using circle appliques. After watching one of Lori Holt's YT videos, I got several ideas how to use circles to make some cute quilts. I don't think I need her 4 pc. circle template set. I can use a jar lid or whatever I can find of various sizes to trace around to make circles.

Time to get some lunch. Have a great Saturday!