PDA

View Full Version : Friday, last working day of the week

Monique
April 22nd, 2016, 08:15 AM
At least for some it is the last working day of the week. It is a rainy day today. We had high temperatures yesterday. Today I am off to the city with Bonnie for my birthday. There may be a fabric store stop in there as well. I am having a great time watching my birds. I have had some new visitors of late. I have also gotten some really good pictures.

Yesterday I got the butterfly quilt sandwiched and on the frame. I started quilting just simple butterflies. Hopefully it won't take me long to get this done. Maizyn will be excited, I have no doubt.

On Sunday, we have our Lionettes Rally, so I will be away most of the day. Next week should quiet down some. No work scheduled as yet, but that may change.

Aside from that, there really isn't much to add. Have a great weekend everyone. Stay safe.

129580 This is a white throated sparrow, who by the way sings the Oh Canada song

129579 This is an evening grosbeak

MayinJerset
April 22nd, 2016, 08:53 AM
Thanks for posting your photos, what beautiful birds you have in your backyard. Do you have a special bird feed? if so I need to get me some for I would surely love to see some colorful birds in our backyard.

Ready for my coffee and then need to get my self moving for last minute prep for this afternoon's lunch. It will be good to see all the gals again and spend the afternoon catching up with each other. 129583

ceiliam
April 22nd, 2016, 09:06 AM
Morning all had steroid injections in ower back, never had issues before however it really hurts this time and unable to sleep. Did get some scraps cut down for use and jelly roll race finished for Moms humanitarian group done, have a special pillow I'm sitting one but mostly in 10 min increments. Did not even go to my class at university yesterday as I just couldn't sit that long.hope you all have a great weekend. Cecelia

URIBARRI-MAYOR
April 22nd, 2016, 09:34 AM
Good Friday for everyone, this weel Ive been busy in the mornings and have not posted here, but I have every morning off today, so Im reading some very interesting threads, we had a week with a crazy time, typical of the Spring and if early in the morning you had to carry an umbrella but at noon he left a splendid sun and too much all the clothes you had made , you say that by June we will have a safe sun time so that we will take the rays of sunshine that we day by day. This weekend I have to get to sew because some jobs are falling behind and so can not start anything new and our Jenny encourages us every week with easy and beautiful things that are added to the list of "I do". Well wish everyone a good weekend, do what they like, smiles and greetings

WendyI
April 22nd, 2016, 10:01 AM
Happy Friday everyone. A bit tired here today. First week back to working 5.5 hour days so it's kinda kicked my butt. Nothing new here. My g/f and her boys are coming for dinner tonight which will be nice. I am not a huge fan of Friday nights because Liam stays overnight at his dads. It's been raining here which means headaches for me. Going on Saturday to get supplies to make the babies quilts for my neighbour and then will spend some time organizing my sewing room and see if I can get things moving in there.

Still thinking about Divine Daisy and hoping someone has heard something?? Sure hope she's okay. Lots of Hugs and Love to those who need it. xox

grammaterry
April 22nd, 2016, 10:09 AM
May is that really your coffee? Its beautiful. I am never that creative early in the morning

grammaterry
April 22nd, 2016, 10:10 AM
At least for some it is the last working day of the week. It is a rainy day today. We had high temperatures yesterday. Today I am off to the city with Bonnie for my birthday. There may be a fabric store stop in there as well. I am having a great time watching my birds. I have had some new visitors of late. I have also gotten some really good pictures.

Yesterday I got the butterfly quilt sandwiched and on the frame. I started quilting just simple butterflies. Hopefully it won't take me long to get this done. Maizyn will be excited, I have no doubt.

On Sunday, we have our Lionettes Rally, so I will be away most of the day. Next week should quiet down some. No work scheduled as yet, but that may change.

Aside from that, there really isn't much to add. Have a great weekend everyone. Stay safe.

129580 This is a white throated sparrow, who by the way sings the Oh Canada song

129579 This is an evening grosbeak

does it really sing o Canada or are you spoofing us?

JCY
April 22nd, 2016, 10:44 AM
I made a great start yest. on a Circle of Comfort quilt with fabrics for a man. Fabric cut out, chain pieced squares, & got several 4-patches sewn together. I finally figured out the Heat'n Bond applique procedure after 3 attempts & gumming up my ironing board! I ordered a new cover from Amazon last night. I like the silver silicone covers. Now I need to set it aside this project to finish getting ready for the baby shower next Tues. I need to make 2 doz. burp cloths. FQs work great for these. I do them assembly line fashion, so it goes fairly quickly. I may need to label & wash one more baby quilt. (Four new babies.)

It was sunny & 76 yest. Should be close to 80 today. Lots of tulips & daffodils now blooming in my yard. Also primrose & hyacinths. The crabapple trees are in full bloom. That recent rain & snow really greened up the lawn. I need to get outside & work in the flower beds; the weeds are abundant.

I hope everyone has a good Friday & week end.

MayinJerset
April 22nd, 2016, 12:14 PM
May is that really your coffee? Its beautiful. I am never that creative early in the morning

Don't I wish I could have a cup of smiley cappacunio every morning. I like mine without any sugar or any of those sweetners the cappacunio bars have. Maybe a dash of cinnamon or chocolate on top would be nice also. Not a fan of espresso. Some of my grandkids love those lattes drinks. I tell them I drank lattes way back before even their Dads were born. Growing up my mother made a pot of coffee in the morning, adults theirs first and then we kids. Our first coffee began with half milk and half coffee and as we grew older the milk was decreased little by little. Guess that's why I like my coffee with just a dash of milk and I gave up sugar in my coffee years ago. Do you serve cappacunio at your restaurant?

rebeccas-sewing
April 22nd, 2016, 01:17 PM
Wendy, I just sent Divine Daisy an email. I hope she responds. I worry about her. If I hear from her I'll let you know what she has to say.

Cokie
April 22nd, 2016, 05:42 PM

That's what I wondered too! I'd wake up happy in the morning if I knew that was waiting for me. Gotta smile just looking at that.

Didn't go to work today - woke up with a migraine. It's my fault because a couple of days ago I thought, "Hey, I haven't had a migraine in a while." I think I jinxed things...or it's more likely the changeable, rainy weather we're having today. I slept most of the day. So, I'm late to the party but I hope you all had a wonderful day today. Hope to work on some UFOs this weekend.