PDA

View Full Version : Purple Raining Thursday Night Owl @,@

kimsophia
April 22nd, 2016, 02:27 AM
What a bummer! I can't believe Prince died! I had a couple of his albums back in the 80s. What great dance music. I hopped happily to his music back then. Raspberry Beret was my favorite song of his. He was a trip!

No stitching here again. I did get the chart out and started prepping the linen for my mother/daughter cross stitch. I need to try Hobby Lobby for some of the thread colors as I'm not sure Jo-Ann carries them all. I'm still waiting for some olive green linen for another project. And I searched for a quilt pattern for the Valori Wells fabric I was given. I found one on Etsy that should work... https://www.etsy.com/listing/130681554/quilt-for-girls-blanket-birds-flowers?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=shopping_us_a-home_and_living-bedding-blankets_and_throws&utm_custom1=cc27a918-b0e9-4b8b-8baa-7c55288a7068&gclid=CL2Ym4yvoMwCFZA2aQod6v4Jrw

How the hoot are you?

stationarymom
April 22nd, 2016, 02:58 AM
What sad news about Prince,he was so young.
I just watched the new tutorial and love it! It's the tumbling blocks quilt or quilt using rhombus template.I know I'll have trouble with this one because like Jenny angles can really confuse me.

MayinJerset
April 22nd, 2016, 03:24 AM
I don't know what the Hoot is going on, had another scary dream. I was seeing big buttons that looked like hamburgers and something about them felt menacing. Maybe it's my body's payback for the Big Mac I had late Tuesday, I hardly ever eat fast foods but was so hungry and far from home so we stopped at Mac Donald's. Won't do that again. I hardly ever dream, or if I do I don't remember the dreams but lately I'm having dreams that wake me up because they are a little bit on the scary side. The attack of The Hamburgers! Maybe we Night Owls can peck them to death.

kimsophia
April 22nd, 2016, 04:00 AM
I had a really scary hamburger dream once! I sat up with a scream! It was in a cemetery and my aunt ate a hamburger out of my dead grandma cut in half! AIIIIIII D: I was around ten years old when I had that dream. And before that in the dream my grandma was driving the car really crazily in the cemetary and going up on grave markers and I was afraid the car would flip. I was in the back seat trying to lean to keep the car upright. I think that dream was brought on by these encyclopedias we had with clear pages that showed the inside organs of the body in layers.

redcaboose1717
April 22nd, 2016, 04:51 AM
Hi Night Owls......That's too bad about Prince. While I was in my 30's when Purple Rain came out...I remember the song etc. How sad it is that he died so very young....I mean I don't think 57 is old really. ( of course I don't think that.....I am 61 !!! LOL )

Nightmares ( especially repeated ones ) are scary.....I used to have this dream when I was a kid ( 8-9 yrs old ) about our house catching fire. In the dream we were home with my sister ( who is 8 yrs older than me...so she was 15-16yrs old at the time ) and upstairs getting ready for bed when we smelled smoke....the house was on fire ( in the dream ) I can remember my sister trying to protect us and we could hear a fire engine....but in the background this song kept playing over and over....the song ? It was called "Where The Boys Are" By Connie Francis.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDcvmrHV9Jc&list=RDiDcvmrHV9Jc#t=0

Now....years later, I occasionally still have that dream.....and it makes me wonder why. I mean, we never had a house fire, and my sister was never made to watch my younger sis and I at night.....My parents rarely went out when we were younger and if they did our grandparents took care of us. So, over the years, I have wondered about that dream.....????

I can't sleep tonight and really need to. I have 2 Dr. appts. today, one at 12 noon and the other at 2:30 pm ....These are return appts. so I am not worried about anything really...so who knows why I can't sleep.
Watch, I will go back to bed and have that silly dream !!! To this day, I get goose bumps when I hear that song...over the years I have grown to dislike the song a lot !

pcbatiks
April 22nd, 2016, 06:11 AM
I'm woke up a few minutes ago because of a bad dream. You know the kind where you worried if you go back to sleep the dream will continue...I hate those! And I didn't have a McD burger. :D

MomGram
April 22nd, 2016, 06:28 AM
Pizza Hut pepperoni pizza....anytime I eat it I dream the weirdest scariest stuff. Don't eat Pizza Hut if I can avoid it. My favorite Prince song is 1999. Loved dancing to it back in my youth.