PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday

Blondie
November 29th, 2011, 08:02 AM

Good Morning Folksies!
I am still feeling a little bit out of the loop due to the holidays but slowly I will be making my way back. I have been having issues with my computer recently and I think I see a new one sometime in my future. Just wish it would hold off. S-L-O-W is the keyword and of course other issues. It ain't dead yet, just ready to go to the basement and be used there while I sew. I really don't have time to wait, wait, wait for pages to load. It is old as computers go, so I can't complain.

So, yesterday I made a few more ornaments, a few mini stockings, a plain table runner in leftover strips for DD, and even managed to make a good crock pot dinner. Good grief, whoever invented the crockpot KNEW quilters and busy women. I love my crock.

Sandy, I am saddened to read of your recent loss and news. I am extra saddened that your BFF Donna's Dr.had the chutzpa to write on her discharge papers but lacked the morality of an eye to eye discussion. I will keep Johnny and Donna in my thoughts and prayers today.

Today is Mom day. I will go down the hill, check on the old gal and see what progress she is making on crocheting for oldest son's baby gift. She really doesn't have the interest to do much these days except to go through mountains of paper work that seem unnecessary to me. I would flip them all in the woodstove. Truly, this is not important paperwork. It is for the most part junk mail that she goes through with a fine tooth comb. Oy.

Well, time to get up and turn the news off. I am going to have a wonderful day and have my fingers, eyes and toes crossed that you will too! Smile!!!

Loonwatcher
November 29th, 2011, 08:12 AM

Good Morning,

Blondie, I too have been out of the loop and there are so many friends here I confess that I sometimes don't have time to read all the posts.

Today after work I'm going to play racquetball. Haven't played since spring, not have I gone for my walks. Managed to put on a bunch of pounds which, with my diabetes, I can't afford to do. Got to get back in shape. wish me luck.

Sewed a bunch more blocks for my iron quilter project. Been trying to think of what to make for my neice and decided to make a sofa pillow (I have the form already) using the dresden template (finally). Hope that goes okay. Still need to make the little boxy bags for the guys and a handbag then I'm done.

Hope everyone has a great day.

mianmom
November 29th, 2011, 08:47 AM
Morning all! Had a great sewing day yesterday and hoping for another one today. Even made a couple kleenex holders! Might see if I can make up a few more for the bazzar this weekend.

Well going to have to make this a short one DD is starting to find the morning!

Have a great day!

MRoy
November 29th, 2011, 09:03 AM
Good morning! Wishing everyone a great day!

Beakkmom
November 29th, 2011, 09:38 AM
Good morning ladies - I was up last night finishing the sashing on a block exchange quilt. I wasn't sure about the quilt, but with the right sashing it is fabulous! I need to get in gear for Christmas now. My DH asked me what I want for Christmas this year, I can't think of any THING. I feel so blessed, what more can a gal want?

Blessings to all!

Lin

KiltedQuilter
November 29th, 2011, 09:49 AM
Tuesday here is yuck(yes, that's an ACTUAL weather term in Scotland)!
It's the kind of day you want to snuggle under a quilt(of course) on the sofa and watch movies and eat naughty things like brownies and have hot chocolate with EVERYTHING on it!

Today I am getting caught up on the housework that has accumulated while we were away(how can one man go through as many clothes in just a few days?!)
I am also may try doing some sewing/crocheting......try at least!

Bubby
November 29th, 2011, 10:01 AM
Good Morning from frozen Licking, Missouri,

We got our first winter weather last night and everything is under a light layer of ice. Not much hope of it melting off today but maybe tomorrow.

Wanted to let you know I may not be online for a day or so, as my Auntie is arriving this morning for her visit. She drove down from Chicago to spend Thanksgiving with grandkids in Springfield and our house is on her way home! I always love to see her...she's ancient and as lively as can be! If we could harness her energy we would really have something!!

I wish you all a wonderful and productive day. Special hugs to all my quilting sisters and their families who need them. Jan, Emily is in my prayers daily.

Hugs, Barb

Mrs.Sew&Sew
November 29th, 2011, 10:26 AM
Hello and good morning everyone!
I NEED to get sewing so I can finish up Christmas projects. I hate to still be sewing right up until Christmas time. It stresses me out. I hope everyone has a great day!

stitching woman
November 29th, 2011, 10:33 AM
Good Morning all,

Love to read all the post first thing in the morning makes me feel connected to the world somehow. Quilted my On Point quilt yesterday, ready for the binding but that will have to wait until the weekend. Need to do some housework and some shopping today and tomorrow.
Barb hope you thaw out soon. Hugs to all and prayers for those in need.

Monique
November 29th, 2011, 10:54 AM
Good morning.

Well I did not get much done yesterday. Got my flu shot. Printed out tickets for a fundraiser we are having. That took quite a while.

Today I have my Lionettes Christmas meeting. Supper, meeting and gift exchange. As part of her gift, I am making her some homemade buns. Does that sound cheap? I don't have a whole lot of money to spend on gifts, so I do have a bought gift, some buns and a bottle of wine. What do you think? I thought I would make her something, but the woman is a senior and doesn't really need a bunch of stuff. Anyway she better be happy with what I have for her.

This afternoon, I am taking a friend to the doctor's as she is not well. So I don't think I will be doing much sewing today.

To all my quilting friends, have a wonderful day.

Gayle8675309
November 29th, 2011, 11:12 AM
Good morning to all of you! I so enjoy reading your posts. I don't have big plans today, I think I am going to play with my stash. I need to choose fabric for my next quilt...a couch quilt. (lap size). I love auditioning fabric for a new quilt! Have a great day! :)

ginampls
November 29th, 2011, 11:43 AM
hi all,i need to get a rolling. i work today. 10 to 2...greaatshift. but i need to be home when DD gets off the bus. the shop has great deals but... i may not have the time to shop...pitty. oh well. feeling the cold in my bones. MN gotta love it.

debinmalaga
November 29th, 2011, 11:54 AM
Morning all! Had a terrible evening last night - seems that when I tried to sew a too-thick tote I messed up my machine. Horrors!!! The top thread won't pick up the bottom thread now. I tried everything and Mike tried tinkering but to no avail. I'm hoping one of you lovely quilting ladies will have a suggestion but I'm sure the machine has to go in for repair. I don't have another fully functioning machine so I am REALLY bummed. Ah well wishing everyone a good day!

Sandy Navas
November 29th, 2011, 01:25 PM
Good morning ladies - I was up last night finishing the sashing on a block exchange quilt. I wasn't sure about the quilt, but with the right sashing it is fabulous! I need to get in gear for Christmas now. My DH asked me what I want for Christmas this year, I can't think of any THING. I feel so blessed, what more can a gal want?

Blessings to all!

Lin

You didn't take advantage of his generosity and tell him you wanted a maid . . . or a long-arm quilting machine with frame?

Sandy Navas
November 29th, 2011, 01:29 PM
Morning all! Had a terrible evening last night - seems that when I tried to sew a too-thick tote I messed up my machine. Horrors!!! The top thread won't pick up the bottom thread now. I tried everything and Mike tried tinkering but to no avail. I'm hoping one of you lovely quilting ladies will have a suggestion but I'm sure the machine has to go in for repair. I don't have another fully functioning machine so I am REALLY bummed. Ah well wishing everyone a good day!

My heart is crying for you! Sounds like a timing issue - and we all know that's a service call, right? Bonkers!!!!!

Sandy Navas
November 29th, 2011, 01:45 PM
Blondie has me laughing this morning - not that I'd wish computer problems on anyone. Yesterday I sent about 20 pages to my printer and while I was waiting I looked at my mouse and decided it hadn't been cleaned for a while. I was totally flabbergasted - took that little ball out and it honestly looked as if there was a rat's nest in there. I don't know how long it has been since I cleaned that thing but it was disgusting. Where did all that stuff come from? Is the mouse eating layers off my mouse pad? I really don't know how it even managed to move around.

Finished a really fun project day before yesterday - won't be able to share here for a little bit, though. I'm also hand stitching a Christmas panel of the Nativity for DD and family. That's a 'sit in front of the boob tube project'. Had two of the granddaughters over yesterday to stamp designs on paper for Christmas wrapping paper. That didn't last long - they have been begging to paint but about 5 minutes was all they were good for. I even offered them water colors and brushes. Of course they knew I still had chocolate milk in the refrigerator from Thanksgiving (who gave these little monsters permission to walk in my front door, say they are hungry, and let them open the refrigerator?????). They are a hoot and a half. So funny.

Today is another Gkids day - three today who are making Momma and Daddy presents. I'm suggesting a pocket tray for Daddy and a dresser scarf for Momma. Things I think they can handle okay. They may also work on gifts for the three little ones. I stopped in the dollar store while I was out a bit ago and stocked up on items for their Christmas gifts that I'm making. I have a pattern for a teacher's tote/portfolio and I'm customizing it for each of the girls. Since they are homeschooled they can make good use of them.

Had an appointment at the eye clinic this morning and had visual fields done. I was pleasantly surprised to see improvement since the last one was done. Even my really bad eye looked better today. Must be the new eye drops and the specially formulated vitamins he has me on. Sure hope it continues and holds!!

Talked to my BFF Donna for about an hour last night. I can't believe how flippant she is about her new diagnosis. She did call the doctor's office and his nurse called her back and told her that 'yes, she definitely shows about 6-7 areas of malignancy', and 'no, I don't know why the doctor didn't mention this to you . . . ' Donna has shared the news with me and her two grown children but isn't going to tell the rest of her family because she doesn't want anyone having a pity party for her. I joked around with her about tying her up on a loft and setting it on fire, or shipping her to Alaska and putting her on an ice floe. She still has residual problems from her first chemo (neuropathy), and radiation (burns) so doesn't want to go through that again. All I can do is keep loving her.

Keep your fingers crossed for me that I can finish my list of projects before Christmas. I feel like things are starting to fall through the cracks. I have the girls scheduled to be here in the afternoons eleven days between now and the holidays. I'll be bald by then.

Love you all - special prayers to those in need, hugs to those who need a shoulder, and know that I'm thinking of you!

toggpine
November 29th, 2011, 05:53 PM
Achoo! Snort. Cough, cough.

Sorry. I'mb not feelink too good today. Darn doze little kid germs! I'mb gonna go blow my noedz and hab a cuppa tea. Once i can breathe adgain I'll try to do somb sewing.

You all hab a good day. I'd gib you a hug, but I'mb probably contagious.
Cathy

sally
November 29th, 2011, 06:49 PM
It was snowing here this morning. Made the drive to work very pretty...working out of town for the next two days. More snow tonight but that is okay. All our snow from before in the valley had melted away and it was grey and depressing. I have been hand quilting one daughter's Christmas quilt in the evening but tonight my DH and I are going dancing. We are joining a local group that does Scottish folk dancing...Reels and such. A Bonnie time we will have and great excercise too!
Cathy hope you feel better soon!
Take care everyone! Shauna

Blondie
November 29th, 2011, 08:15 PM

Okies, just stopping by for a quick minute to see whatcha been up to girlies.
Sandy, love your piggie avatar. However, that should be mine since my sis and I always joke about us being valleydale hotdog (southern brand of pork stuff - you know the yummies, bacon, sausage, hot dogs - and their commercials from years ago would be piggies dancing and marching singing hooray for Valleydale. Then I moved to Bristol, Tn area near a Valleydale plant and couldn't eat anything like that for quite a while. Thank goodness I have a short memory to go with my short attention span) AnyWAY! I'm with Donna, your BFF. If she isn't willing to go through chemo again, who can blame her? She is blessed beyond words to have you as a precious friend and sister of the heart. Stupid doctor - what a wuss.
Cathy, hope you feel better. Nasty cold, allergies, sneezy, coughy, get a heating pad and some of my rum balls. They will cure you of anything that ails you in that dept. Oh, and they are chocolate too. That's a definite cure all.
Deb! Good grief, girl! Hope you figure it out before you have to bring it in for service. I feel your pain. Wish we lived closer, I would let you use my spare. Although, you would have to use your knee, since it's an old knee press. Love it but I walked funny for awhile after I first got it.

Have a great evening, everyone! See you in my dreams, prayers and in the morning.