PDA

View Full Version : Thursday already?

Monique
April 21st, 2016, 08:31 AM
Where did the rest of the week go? It is supposed to be a warm day today with showers later in the day. I guess April showers will bring May flowers? I did nothing in the way of sewing yesterday. Worked, that was about it.

Hubby last night says "Want to do something tomorrow?"

Me: What do you want to do?

Hubby: I decided last time, it's your turn.

Me: He wants to do something, but I have to decide what to do. Let's see, movie?

I want to stay home and SEW!! but I won't tell him that. We shall see what happens later. Wish me luck.

Have a great everyone.

redcaboose1717
April 21st, 2016, 08:36 AM
Good Luck Monique...maybe you can chose something you both enjoy doing.....and then you can go home and sew !!

dwil23
April 21st, 2016, 09:05 AM
What about a visit to a quilt shop, lunch at his favorite restaurant and then home to sew??? :D

Not much sewing happening for me. Dr. appt @ 10, then home for a nap so I can go to work tonight. I may, time permitting drop in to my LQS - they are having BOGO on FQ's, ends Saturday. Nothing I need, just an excuse to visit and sometimes they have some really nice scrap bags.

My kids are headed for Game 5 tonight - GO BOLTS!!! Would love to see them clinch it while the kids are there to see it (apologies to any Redwings fans)!! ;-)

Have a Blessed Day everyone.....

Bubby
April 21st, 2016, 09:54 AM
Jeff is taking tomorrow off to hunt turkey in our woods. I need to make a quick run to WM to pick up a few food items and get myself back home and sew. The fabric I need to finish my latest quilt is supposed to get here today, at least according to the tracking.

It rained off and on all day yesterday but it's all sunshine here today. Saturday it is supposed to hit 80....good news for us. We want to get the rest of our flowers planted this weekend.

Life is good...wishing everyone a wonderful day...

WendyI
April 21st, 2016, 10:20 AM
Nothing new sewing wise for me here. Ex was supposed to bring my stuff out of storage tonight but informed me that he won't be doing it until Monday now so that's frustrating. Was hoping to get into some of my quilt stuff and maybe try my hand at doing some organization in my spare room. Guess I will just have to wait as usual.

Supposed to rain here today which is ok with me. Might go buy a book this afternoon and just cuddle in tonight and read and then maybe spend some time in my spare room organizing.

MayinJerset
April 21st, 2016, 10:24 AM
We have PT at noon, that really cuts into making big plans for today although we'll do a quick supermarket run on the way home. Having the girls over for lunch tomorrow and need a few odds and ends to fill out the menu. Would like to get the annuals I bought the other day into the big pots by the front door and then hope for some April showers to bring May's flowers into full bloom.

Some Throwback Thursday photos of me and DH.

JCY
April 21st, 2016, 10:32 AM
I hope to get some sewing done today. First order of business, however, is to do my shoulder/arm exercises, which I haven't done for 2 days. I have therapy tomorrow. I was gone much of the day yest., then cooked up a big kettle of beets for the freezer, so didn't feel up to doing them yest.

My 2 internet orders came this week: 18 mm & 28 mm rotary cutters & replacement blades from Amazon, plus the circle cut ruler from Craftsy. In the reviews from Amazon, more than 1 person stated their ruler arrived broken, so I ordered it separately from Craftsy. It is fine. I'm hoping this combo of ruler & cutters will work well for making the circles. I wantto make at least 1 COC quilt to gift back for the one Blondie sent DH last year. He so appreciated it that someone thought of him. He uses it every day to cover his legs; he's cold all the time. Well, at 106 lb. he doesn't have any meat on his bones! He's 6 ft. tall, so you can visualize how skinny he is! At least he hasn't lost any more wt. in the past mo. In Jan. 2015, he weighed 143 lb., so he's lost a lot of weight in the past 16 mos. He has his annual physical coming up next week. We'll see if the dr. has any ideas. I really think his body just is wearing out.

Monique, count your blessings that your DH is well enough to go out & do things with. It's been so long since my DH & I have done anything together, I've almost forgotten what that was like. (I'm not complaining; it is what it is--our new normal.) He's had health problems a long time. So many food allergies & intolerances, that eating out together went by the board years ago. He's deathly allergic to MSG! Although he's still independent with all his activities of daily living, he's weak. He goes no where anymore except to an occas. dr. appt. He hasn't driven the car for 8 yrs. We take life one day at a time.

cv quilter
April 21st, 2016, 10:48 AM
Good morning everyone. Going to be 84 today here in Chino Valley! Pretty morning, no wind. We finished putting our greenhouse all together yesterday!! WOOHOO! Well, all but the roof vent and the door. That will be done today and then we'll start putting shelves and plants in it:icon_woohoo: So excited!! Tonight we go to dinner with our friends/neighbors...Mexican food. My favorite.

Monique, I'll be interested in finding out what you ended up doing today.

No sewing done here for days because of the greenhouse build. Tomorrow!!! I hope. Seems I never know too much what each day will bring until it comes along.

Have a wonderful day and whatever you do, be safe and be healthy.

SewnByBee
April 21st, 2016, 11:23 AM
Good morning,
I'm finally getting here.
I'm a slow starter these day's. Hopefully, the warmer weather will help.

We're all doing well. K is starting her "Weekly" Dr visits, starting today.

Wishing everyone well, happy and all kinds of goodness. Be Blessed.

..................129554 :icon_wave:

LauraP
April 21st, 2016, 12:40 PM
Monique, how about a romantic back rub for each of you? Doesn't cost money but sure is special.
Wendy, do you have a few friends who could help you at least get some of the little stuff out of storage? Take the power out of his hands!
May, your pictures are adorable. I'll bet you're both still that cute.
JCY, when my Dad got done that low in weight due to his cancer he wore a pair of insulated coveralls. Said it was the only way he could keep warm. Might work for your DH.
Bee, did you see the adorable baby bibs on Sew Can She this morning? Don't know if you are having a girl or boy but they could be adaptable.

Now to my day. As soon as DH gets the last water leak fixed under the RV, we will be taking off for Golden, MO for a weekend of flying fun. If you are in the area come see the great planes. Some are antiques and some are jets. Lots of rides given.

Have you ever noticed how some people have to wait until the day they need something before they can fix it? And then it stresses them out and makes them cranky? I am packed and ready to go.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. See you next week. Laura

SewnByBee
April 21st, 2016, 01:01 PM
My ' lil DAISY-MAY..........look at these eye's.........

I finally got a picture of them......
upside down.....but....it will have to do....lol.

Have a grate day.....:icon_wave:

Monique
April 21st, 2016, 01:38 PM
UPDATE: Not doing anything today. He has gone to take a nap, lol!! That 's okay with me, I may also need a nap. Thanks for all the suggestions.

cv quilter
April 21st, 2016, 06:10 PM
Monique, a nap might be just what the doctor ordered!