PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday Night Owl @,@

kimsophia
April 21st, 2016, 12:58 AM
Hoot hoot! My owl eyes are blinking shut but I wanted to say hi first. How's everyone doing? No stitching here. I took my sampler in to be framed yesterday and today I sorted through my threads for the next pattern, called "Strawberry Fields". I ordered the linen but it hasn't come yet. I also ordered the directions for "The Village" which is the Kaffe houses quilt. I watched some applique lessons on YouTube by Jan Patek. She cracks me up! :D

What's up in your tree?

Kat Smith
April 21st, 2016, 01:57 AM
Not much happening here lately, just lots of family time. My Dear sweet Mother in Law passed on Tues morning, exactly 2 weeks after going into palliative care. She was a wonderful woman who accepted my son and I with open arms and never ever made him feel anything but that he was her grandson. She helped our 2 daughters go to University, one followed in her footsteps and became a Teacher. She loved to regale us with stories of her first teaching job and how she lived with a family up north in Manitoba, and her and the families children would harness the horse in the morning and she would drive the cutter to school in the winter, and the buggy in the spring. May 2nd she would have been 97 yrs old, the things she has seen and done in her life time is amazing. She taught elementary school for years then went on to be a reading clinician. During the summer when my daughter was going to University she would work for the school division doing a summer reading recovery program, the lady who ran the program had been trained many many years before by my Mother in law. She was a brave, strong, fighter. She had been diagnosed with colon cancer July 12, 2014 and given 3-6 months. She stayed in her home and looked after herself until the last 2 weeks. When I grow up I want to be just like her. I will miss her dearly.

Feel like I need to sew, to create, to keep busy, but there is so much other busy that is needed right now.

Praying for all in need good health, peace, love and comfort.
Kathy

stationarymom
April 21st, 2016, 01:59 AM
I'm glad your eyes are open I thought you flew the coop.I just went to a friends for dinner coffee and a haircut today not much else happening here.Kim are you going to post a pic of your sampler here? The quilt with the houses is a really nice one,I like the traditional house quilt.I'd like to make one of those some day.

stationarymom
April 21st, 2016, 02:03 AM
Kat I'm so sorry for your loss.It sounds like your DMIL must have been a special woman.I used to work in a nursing home and the best part of that was listening to the stories the residents could share from their history and own life time.

kimsophia
April 21st, 2016, 02:08 AM
I'm glad your eyes are open I thought you flew the coop.I just went to a friends for dinner coffee and a haircut today not much else happening here.Kim are you going to post a pic of your sampler here? The quilt with the houses is a really nice one,I like the traditional house quilt.I'd like to make one of those some day.

I put some more up in my album tonight

http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/members/kimsophia-albums-easter-egg-hunt-sampler.html

Judy, USMC
April 21st, 2016, 04:24 AM
Kat - So glad you had time to know your MIL. Sounds like she was a shining example of strength and independence.

Kim - Beautiful sampler ... wish I could do counted cross like you do!

Haven't been checking in lately. Going to doctor's appointments is getting soooo old. At least today it was only a trip to Steve's podiatrist. Originally we met when she was on active duty and operated on me almost 30 years ago. We lost contact for a bit ... but now we know we'll see each other every 3 months or so.

Granny Judy
April 21st, 2016, 05:12 AM
Hugs going out to you... don't cha just love the history of our elderly's life time. I for one am happy with all our new conveniences... That trip to the outhouse in the winter was a killer.

Love the sampler, Kim. Wish my eye sight would let me do embroidery work. But alas.. not able. so I'll just live thru you and your works of art.

Things are settling down to a dull roar around here. Getting a little raised bed gardening done. I love fresh veggies & salads. So I am growing my own. Still got a few more seeds to sew. and the front flower beds to clean out and plant some annuals. I love my marigolds and pansies. Got the Geraniums in the larger pots out there.. I think I buy new ones every year. I should start saving/ bringing in those beauties, but there isn't a spot inside to keep them.

DD has physical therapy scheduled for this next month.. Her surgery site (cancer) has a build up of fluid since they took all the lymph nodes in that left arm pit area. But we are thankful all her tests have come back negative. Will be checked every 6 months now.

Off to see what the DD is and maybe do a bit of hand sewing tonight. Just can't get to sleep, so I may as well make good use of this quiet time.

MayinJerset
April 21st, 2016, 05:39 AM
Hooting a quick Hello while admiring Kit's beautifully creative cross stitch panel. Sorry to hear that Kit's wonderful MIL is gone, that spunky woman was a good role model.

Nothing too much going on here. DS#1 called to say he would be stopping by for dinner around 6 pm, no problem as we were having leftovers from the freezer and fridge. All I needed to do was to pop the frozen veggie lasagna and small stuffed chicken breasts into the oven around 5:30. and microwave some mixed veggies around 6:20. Would have worked out great but I fell asleep watching TV and when I woke up it was almost 6:30 and too late to heat the frozen foods. Good old Pizza to the rescue. We will have those leftovers for tonight's dinner. Would one of you guys Hoot me around 5:30 tonight so I get the leftovers into the oven on time?

pcbatiks
April 21st, 2016, 06:55 AM
Well, I'm not sure if I'm a night owl or an early bird. Woke up about too early I guess.

Kat, so sorry to her about you DMIL but happy that you have great memories of your time with her. She sounds like a very special lady. Sending prayers and hugs.

My Grinch quilt is now sandwiched and ready to quilt. I did a practice piece first that can be a mug rug. I think I will use the walking foot and do random wavy lines.

Hoot....hoot....

Claire Hallman
April 21st, 2016, 11:15 AM
So sorry you lost your DMIL. She sounds like a special person and I know you will miss her.