PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday middle of the week day!!

Monique
April 20th, 2016, 07:32 AM
Good morning dear friends. I thought I would go ahead with today's chat as I don't see Blondie this morning. So it's Wednesday, middle of the week day. I have another work day today. Man, my legs were hurting something bad last night. I got the results back from the MRI, all is fine, no surgery required. GREAT? Not really, because I still don't know what the problem is. The report reads "The appearance of the ACL is consistent with mucoid degeneration. There is chondromalacia in the medial and patellofemoral compartments." Ok, I have no idea what the heck that means, but if it means SORE!! then I have it.

So I did not do much of anything last night, only laundry. I sorted greeting cards as I have accumulated a lot. WOW!!

That's it for today friends.

Have a fun and safe day, whatever you chose to do.

Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go.

Bubby
April 20th, 2016, 08:17 AM
Morning Everyone,

I knew someone who had chrondromalacia and she had a good amount of pain. In fact, she had to change occupations because of it. I hope you feel better soon, DF.

Things here are good. Half of the new quilt is put together and I am waiting for more fabric to arrive. We had gentle rain yesterday with heavy rain predicted for today. I have a load of laundry going and two Scotties that are wanting attention.

Wishing everyone a blessed day.....

gshannon1008
April 20th, 2016, 09:20 AM
The weather in my part of North Carolina is gorgeous, so I have been in the yard for two days and not in my sewing rooms. (Such a blessing to have 2 Happy Places in my life). My roses are coming along nicely and those "surprise" plants that you forget your planted are coming up. ( Don't know if they are weeds or flowers...but the blooms are pretty) :D I hope everyone has a blessed day.

Grandma Nan
April 20th, 2016, 09:44 AM
Finally Spring has arrived. We have another beautiful morning here with the sun shining brightly. I don't know about other people but since I had my cataracts fixed I almost need my sun glasses in the house when the sun is shining as I seem to be really light sensitive. But that's ok, I can see really well now and I love the sunshine so I'll just be singing that song "I wear my sunglasses at night...."

Yesterday was a big guild day, we sewed all afternoon for the boutique to start getting ready for our Quilt Show next year. I made half square triangles most of the afternoon to make some small children's quilts. Then we had our Guild meeting last night which I always love. I won a package of fat quarters which was fun. We had a wonderful trunk show from a local lady Greta Christensen who has had a long and prolific quilting career and she does beautiful work and has won many awards. Her signature is the New York Beauty designs.

I am looking for a pattern for an iron caddy/ironing mat. Can anyone point me in the direction of a pattern (preferably free- its for the guild. I saw one but it was $17 which I am reluctant to pay) Also anyone out there have any new or good ideas for boutique items that sell well. Trying to find something new or different to offer people attending the show.

Hope that knee gets better Monique soon, it is not nice to be in pain but especially before we go to Quilts Canada in June. I think there will be lots of walking there (and shopping). I know we will have fun.

Very excited as today an old friend from when I worked at the hospital is dropping by to give me her mother's old quilting frames and legs. I am looking forward to being able to do a full size quilt rather than my little PVC frame. I am lucky to have a space big enough to put it up and leave it without it interfering much with life.

I guess I better get moving or Kathy will arrive and I am still sippin' a cuppa and in my jammies!

Hope everyone has a good day.

mario1360
April 20th, 2016, 09:46 AM
hello friends, working from home today. Shingles are letting off slightly, thank heaven for that. Meds drain me, no energy for fun barely enough to do my job....I'll second the Hi Ho Hi Ho melody....

Bubby
April 20th, 2016, 09:57 AM
Mario....glad to hear your shingles are getting better. Take care....

MayinJerset
April 20th, 2016, 10:58 AM
Lots to do today, having the 'The Grannys' (Grandmothers Who Lunch) over for lunch on Friday so need to get sewing machine and supplies out of dining room. My sisters are joining us as we all are cousins. Maybe I should have met them at local restaurant but we haven't sat and talked for so long we'd be there from lunch to closing time.

Told gals it would be a no fuss salad and sandwich lunch but I know they will be bring loads of stuff with them no matter what I say. I like to plan my menus with foods that go together so while I love eggplant parm it doesn't go well with the salads (chicken, black bean and leafy green) and the low sodium cold cuts I'm serving. Convinced one gal to bring a fruit platter instead of the a big cheesecake - you know who would be eating the leftover cheesecake -ME!

Did several big loads of laundry yesterday so there is a big pile of clothes that has to be folded and put away. I better get to it so wishing everyone has a good day. 129500

mischiefkat
April 20th, 2016, 11:04 AM
hello friends, working from home today. Shingles are letting off slightly, thank heaven for that. Meds drain me, no energy for fun barely enough to do my job....I'll second the Hi Ho Hi Ho melody....

So glad somebody's shingles are better. Not mine for sure. Kathy

cv quilter
April 20th, 2016, 11:15 AM
Good morning all. It's a beautiful morning with a predicted high of 80 degrees today. Yikes. Getting warm already. We're going to try to put the rest of our greenhouse together today. Got the bottom half done on Monday and got burned pretty bad. Then the wind came up so had to stop. DH did some tractor work for a neighbor yesterday, so we'll be back at the greenhouse today. I finished the top for a D9P f or my future GDIL and am anxious to get back in my sewing room to sandwich and quilt it, but that'll have to wait. That's pretty much what our day will be.
Monique, so sorry for your hurts! Hope you can find a help for the pain you are experiencing.
Mario, so glad your shingles are getting better.
Kathy, sounds like you, too, are suffering from shingles. I hope that you start feeling better very soon.
Have a good day everyone. Do something fun and be safe.

EnumclawGramma
April 20th, 2016, 12:39 PM
So glad somebody's shingles are better. Not mine for sure. Kathy
So sorry to read this. I know this is hard, but there is an end to it! Hang in there and get the rest you need!

oldsewer
April 20th, 2016, 01:40 PM
Mario and Kathy, a friend of mine who was near to the end of her rope with shingles tried Tea Tree Oil on the recommendation of her doctor, and discovered a miracle that really helped her. You can buy it over the counter many places and just wipe it on. Might be worth a try, I don't think it could hurt you since it's just topical. Sharon

WendyI
April 20th, 2016, 01:59 PM
Hi all...I'm late getting in here as work was busy this morning...which makes me happy. I hate being bored at work.

I woke up this morning and I am completely deaf in my right ear and it's ringing to beat the band! So frustrating! Thankfully, my doc had a cancellation this afternoon so I get to see her at 3 today. Hopefully she can provide some relief because this is driving me bonkers! It's like I have my finger stuck in my ear. Can't hear hardly a thing at all in that ear. So weird!

My ex is finally bringing my things to me out of storage tomorrow. Hoping the first load has my quilting things in it as I really want to work on some of it. Apparently it will take several loads...I don't even remember what all I am missing other than books and quilting items. Hope it's not much more than that because I don't have room for much more in my place.

Monique, sounds like you are suffering from the same thing I had with my knee. It's arthritis causing degeneration in the soft tissue of the knee. Once it goes through all that the nerves will deaden and it won't be quite so painful. That's the stage I am at now but the trip getting there was excruciating. Advil liqui gels worked well for me. Three times daily, extra strength. Hope it passes soon and/or you get answers.

Sorry for those suffering shingles. Can't even imagine that. Hope it passes soon. Sending (((hugs))) to you and everyone who needs them! Still worrying about Divine Daisy. Hoping she's ok. xox

Monique
April 20th, 2016, 04:56 PM
Finally Spring has arrived. We have another beautiful morning here with the sun shining brightly. I don't know about other people but since I had my cataracts fixed I almost need my sun glasses in the house when the sun is shining as I seem to be really light sensitive. But that's ok, I can see really well now and I love the sunshine so I'll just be singing that song "I wear my sunglasses at night...."

Yesterday was a big guild day, we sewed all afternoon for the boutique to start getting ready for our Quilt Show next year. I made half square triangles most of the afternoon to make some small children's quilts. Then we had our Guild meeting last night which I always love. I won a package of fat quarters which was fun. We had a wonderful trunk show from a local lady Greta Christensen who has had a long and prolific quilting career and she does beautiful work and has won many awards. Her signature is the New York Beauty designs.

I am looking for a pattern for an iron caddy/ironing mat. Can anyone point me in the direction of a pattern (preferably free- its for the guild. I saw one but it was $17 which I am reluctant to pay) Also anyone out there have any new or good ideas for boutique items that sell well. Trying to find something new or different to offer people attending the show.

Hope that knee gets better Monique soon, it is not nice to be in pain but especially before we go to Quilts Canada in June. I think there will be lots of walking there (and shopping). I know we will have fun.

Very excited as today an old friend from when I worked at the hospital is dropping by to give me her mother's old quilting frames and legs. I am looking forward to being able to do a full size quilt rather than my little PVC frame. I am lucky to have a space big enough to put it up and leave it without it interfering much with life.

I guess I better get moving or Kathy will arrive and I am still sippin' a cuppa and in my jammies!

Hope everyone has a good day.

That won't stop me.

redcaboose1717
April 20th, 2016, 05:46 PM
Monique I am sorry to hear about what's going on with you.....(((((Big HUGS)))) !!!
I did look this condition up online ( see below ) ...did the Dr. offer you any physical therapy etc. ?
Chondromalacia Patella (Patellofemoral Syndrome) Symptoms, Causes, Treatment - Chondromalacia patella facts - MedicineNet (http://www.medicinenet.com/patellofemoral_syndrome/page2.htm)